Adventure of the Seas March 3rd - 10th

Thanks for the review.  Looks like you had a nice cruise.  We have Adventure booked for Dec with exact same itinerary.  

Looks like a great stateroom you had booked. I've seen that one mentioned on here before.  It looks like you need 3 to book it?  

How were the evening shows?

Did you try and specialty restaurants or stuck to MDR?

18 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the review.  Looks like you had a nice cruise.  We have Adventure booked for Dec with exact same itinerary.  

Looks like a great stateroom you had booked. I've seen that one mentioned on here before.  It looks like you need 3 to book it?  

How were the evening shows?

Did you try and specialty restaurants or stuck to MDR?

Yes, we needed 3 to book the cabin. At the time we booked the cruise fare was very reasonable and the cost of the 3rd person was only a couple hundred bucks. We really wanted to be in this cabin so we booked it with a fake name 3rd person who ended up being a no show at embarkation.

The evening shows were typical RCI fare, basically the same shows they've been doing for years. It all depends on the cast as to how good the shows will be. We went every night because this was a different cast from last year's Adventure cast. The shows were good but not overwhelming.

We did not dine at any of the specialty restaurants this trip. We have tried them all in the past and don't think the value is there. We have always eaten dinners in the MDR but on this past cruise we tried the Windjammer a couple of nights. We'll be eating more dinners in the Windjammer on future cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

We just got off the 6 night Western Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas with stops in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I started a thread when I got on the ship offering to answer questions regarding the ship if I could. I answered those as best as I could and now I want to post a short review of our experience.

Embarkation: We like to get on the ship early so that we can start to enjoy our vacation. We arrived at the port at 11:15 and there were still passengers disembarking from the previous cruise! I don’t know what the delay was but it had me concerned as we had an early flight scheduled after our return. After a bunch of research on Cruise Critic I felt safe booking flights for 9:47 AM. With self-assist debarkation and if there were no problems with customs, I knew we could be at the airport with plenty of time to spare. Today’s debarkation time raised my concern a little.

We dropped of our luggage and checked in. There were about 200 or so people already waiting to board. Boarding started about 12:15 and we were on the ship at 12:30.

Our stateroom: Our stateroom was 7688 which is the corner aft on the port side. The balcony for this cabin is HUGE! We have had corner aft cabins before on various decks of various ships but this balcony was, by far, the biggest we have ever had. It had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a low table and a high table. There was room for 2 more loungers and at least 4 more chairs. I’m not sure these pictures will show its true size. Our only complaint about the balcony was that it had a "roof" over it. It was completely covered. There were not many times when the sun shone on the balcony.

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

Thanks for posting. We have the same cabin on Adventure on May 5th for the 12 night repo. We've had a deck 7 corner aft twice before and loved it - can't wait! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiselover19811981 said:

Thanks for posting the daily newsletter. We will be on the AOS in August out of Port Bayonne. Would you happen to have any MDR menus?

I do not have pictures of the menus. Do you have the Royal app on your phone? I was able to see menus on the app long before we boarded. I'm not sure they'll be visible for you this far out but you should be able to see them soon.

19 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, we needed 3 to book the cabin. At the time we booked the cruise fare was very reasonable and the cost of the 3rd person was only a couple hundred bucks. We really wanted to be in this cabin so we booked it with a fake name 3rd person who ended up being a no show at embarkation.

The evening shows were typical RCI fare, basically the same shows they've been doing for years. It all depends on the cast as to how good the shows will be. We went every night because this was a different cast from last year's Adventure cast. The shows were good but not overwhelming.

We did not dine at any of the specialty restaurants this trip. We have tried them all in the past and don't think the value is there. We have always eaten dinners in the MDR but on this past cruise we tried the Windjammer a couple of nights. We'll be eating more dinners in the Windjammer on future cruise.

Lol...very sneaky but very smart!  And great the price for mr no show wasn't much more. 😁  Glad it worked out and you could try the stateroom.  Looks amazing.

Thanks for the feedback for the shows.  I know that non-Oasis and non-Quantum and some non-Freedom have the typical Royal produced shows of their own production.  Hopefully not too cheesy and enjoyable.  We just got off Symphony where they are first class, but our next two cruises are the standard Royal ones (including Adventure).

We stick to the MDR but I know a lot really like Windjammer as a quicker option with being able to try many things.

Thanks again for your review.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the feedback for the shows.  I know that non-Oasis and non-Quantum and some non-Freedom have the typical Royal produced shows of their own production.  Hopefully not too cheesy and enjoyable.  We just got off Symphony where they are first class, but our next two cruises are the standard Royal ones (including Adventure).

I don't think the shows are cheesy at all. I think the "shows" themselves are very good. The quality of the shows is dependent upon the quality of the singers and dancers. Most of the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers I would rate good - very good. There have only been a few that have been disappointing.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

From the Cruise Compass, this looks like a great choice for us.  I see where someone posted that they found this ship boring and sleepy with nothing to do.  I have never been on a cruise with nothing to do.  Wonder what exactly she was looking for that she couldn't find? Live performance shows every night plus interactive games, music and bars all over the place with scheduled nighttime parties, the usual daytime stuff like poolside silly contests, dance class, trivia, and crafts.  Beautiful solarium for relaxing.  Can. Not. Wait.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I do not have pictures of the menus. Do you have the Royal app on your phone? I was able to see menus on the app long before we boarded. I'm not sure they'll be visible for you this far out but you should be able to see them soon.

Thanks for your very helpful review. 

I was wondering how accurate you found the app to be for MDR menus. For example, were there any nights you turned up and found the actual menu to be very different from the app? We will be on Adventure later in the year and have booked the 3 night dining package so we'd like to be able to plan ahead and go to the speciality restaurants on nights when the MDR menu is less to our liking. Thanks for any insight.

Edited by FionaMG
Sp.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, FionaMG said:

Thanks for your very helpful review. 

I was wondering how accurate you found the app to be for MDR menus. For example, were there any nights you turned up and found the actual menu to be very different from the app? We will be on Adventure later in the year and have booked the 3 night dining package so we'd like to be able to plan ahead and go to the speciality restaurants on nights when the MDR menu is less to our liking. Thanks for any insight.

For our sailing the menu posted on the app was the same menu they offered in the MDR.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

For our sailing the menu posted on the app was the same menu they offered in the MDR.

Thanks, that's very helpful. Appreciate it. :classic_smile: