Tipping Question

DW was able to transfer some of the earned OBC from the RCI card to the ship account last December. The reason I remember this is that we had $200 OBC and then it increased to $500 so we spent some by getting drink packages when on sale and booking an excursion using the OBC available.

1st post - 

For those of you that tip over the prepaid gratuity for excellent service - what variables are included when determining how much to leave?  We were on Adventure for 8 nights and had excellent service all around.  I was hoping for a guideline - extra 5 bucks a night for cabin attendant, 10 per night for dining staff...  Is there some sort of cruise tipping chart guideline out there?  We are new to the cruising world and are ignorant of any standards on which additional tipping is based upon.  I know that tipping is relative - but other industries have starting points.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, DesireeC03 said:

1st post - 

For those of you that tip over the prepaid gratuity for excellent service - what variables are included when determining how much to leave?  We were on Adventure for 8 nights and had excellent service all around.  I was hoping for a guideline - extra 5 bucks a night for cabin attendant, 10 per night for dining staff...  Is there some sort of cruise tipping chart guideline out there?  We are new to the cruising world and are ignorant of any standards on which additional tipping is based upon.  I know that tipping is relative - but other industries have starting points.  Thanks!

Firstly if you auto-pay or pre-pay tips there is no expectation of extra tips.

It is down to you what you want to give or not give in cash.

Personally I give our cabin steward between $20-$30 cash at the end of a weeks cruise if our cabin has been serviced properly and we have been friendly with the CS.

Speciality restaurants $10 to our waiter.

On RC in the Diamond Lounge where drinks are free I give $1 per drink to our waiter.

We always  prepay our gratuity   then we tip above at the end of  the  cruise .   Usually   $50 for  the  cabin  steward ,  $50 for our main  server and $30 for the assistant  server.   We tip room service   $5  for   delivery  and if we ask the room  steward  for "stuff"   like extra  pillows , blankets  , hangers etc  we normally  give  him   $5.   I know  we are  not  required  to  do this  extra  tipping ,  but I   appreciate  good  service .   Oh also ,   we buy the  deluxe  drink  package  but I  still  tip a dollar  or so  per drink .    That's  just  what  I  do .