Tween in the Mediterranean

kndoxsee

I will be cruising the Mediterranean with my tween (10/11 years old) and it will be our first time in Europe.

Most of the routes that I like are  RCL Vision of the Sea and Norwegian Spirit.

Does anyone have any insight into these two ships and how they may compare for appealing to a tween.

Also open to any other ship recommendations!

Thanks

When are you hoping to cruise?  I looked up your ships, and Vision has interesting itineraries, but Spirit is not doing the Med, but Northern Europe and the Baltic.  I see NCL Star, Jade and Epic in the  Med.  If your itinerary has several sea days, then the amenities on the ship might be important.  but on itineraries such as Star has, there are few sea days, so those features are not as important.  In the Med/Europe, it's all about the ports, not the ship.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

The star really doesn’t have a lot of amenities for kids, but my 3 year old loved it since it has a great kids club and we had few sea days.  The baltics are a great itinerary for kids. You might want to read the review in my signature line to see what we did.  

I agree to choose based on ports rather than ship.  Besides one or two sea days, for Europe the ship is really just your hotel that moves you to the next place overnight.  That said, any of the ports are going to be wonderful.  Avoid ship tours (and their museums/souvenir shops and waiting around for other passengers) and visit the places you want to see by private tour or taxi.