Trio Dining Package question

MrMike45

Sorry if I keep saying this, but it's my way of indicating we're newbies on MSC.  Have our first cruise booked in October on the Meraviglia out of NY.  Me, my wife and 2 year old son.

It looks like the only dining package available, other than the Cirque dinner/show, is the Trio dining package which includes dinner at the Steakhouse, Eataly and Kaito sushi bar.  As our son is 2 years old, sushi is not something we want to feed him.  Are we able to substitute like the Teppanyaki restaurant instead of the Sushi bar?  Or is it set and no changing?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by MrMike45

I believe they don't allow changes;  however nothing is ever written in stone on MSC and they may, under certain circumstances, allow it.  There will be other items on the menu besides sushi, anyway.

As an FYI ... I've read somewhere on here that Eataly is being replaced with the French Le Bistrot on Meraviglia (which makes sense as Butcher's Cut is a steakhouse, too).  I don't know if this will happen before she heads off to New York for her US-based season.

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I believe they don't allow changes;  however nothing is ever written in stone on MSC and they may, under certain circumstances, allow it.  There will be other items on the menu besides sushi, anyway.

As an FYI ... I've read somewhere on here that Eataly is being replaced with the French Le Bistrot on Meraviglia (which makes sense as Butcher's Cut is a steakhouse, too).  I don't know if this will happen before she heads off to New York for her US-based season.

We are in the same situation. The website indicates a new tapas restaurant and Ocean cay are being added soon. I thought the tapas was slated to replace Eataly, but haven’t seen officially what Ocean Cay would replace unless they could fit both in the Eataly space.

we also don’t eat sushi so would prefer a different combination. Was hoping that maybe they will make the changes during the transatlantic and have the new restaurants ready for New York.

• Like 1

Just now, omarchs said:

... The website indicates a new tapas restaurant and Ocean cay are being added soon.

You're right - it's a tapas restaurant that's replacing Eataly (we're booked on Seaview before sailing on Meraviglia and I'm forever mixing up which restaurant is on which  🙄).  Eataly currently has 2 venues on deck 6 - Ristorante Italiano to one side of Jean-Philippe Crepes and Eataly Food Market on the other side, so it would be easy to convert one to the Spanish tapas place and the other to Ocean Cay.

743615784_ScreenShot2019-03-19at17_32_04.png.5a055d209195d2576a7fcbd162f16151.png

The changes would have to be made prior to her leaving Europe.  Must have a look at her last itineraries before the repo to see if there's a time gap.