How to keep our DS from falling off the bed!

Dreamcruise27

My toddler likes to do 360 degree turns in his sleep! He will definitely fall off the bed if we don't have barriers... Any creative solutions you have used to prevent your child from rolling off the bed on the ship? We are on the ship for 22 nights so co-sleeping is not ideal... I would hate to come back home and have him back in bed with us!

can he sleep in a couch turned around and facing the wall?

can you take the pillows off the couch and make him a bed on the floor? (my oldest is fine with this - my youngest will hold out for mommy's bed)

can you use pool noodles (available at dollar store) and use those as bed rails? 

can you purchase a travel cot for the floor?

oh, and this really isn't ideal but my 2 year old absolutely refused to sleep in his pack n play on our last cruise.  We had a tiny inside room, so I had to put him in bed next to me.  He fell out twice, and didn't get hurt - just woke up mad.  The beds aren't that high off the ground since they don't want elderly passengers injured and the floor is carpeted.  But since it's 22 days and not 7, I'd work on trying one of the better solutions.

best of luck to you.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

Is this for your cruise on Eclipse?  Are you in a balcony?  OV?  If your third occupant has a sofa bed, there is a drawer below the seating area that they store the mattress pad in.  Many people refer to it as a trundle and have an occupant sleeping there.  It makes it difficult to get out onto the balcony when it is open, but it might be a good option for your toddler.  EM

I found this pic on Google which illustrates what I was trying to describe.:

enhance

You could also ask them to just put the mattress on the floor in front of the couch.  

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

I have and would bring a small air mattress/pool float. A 2 year old isn't very heavy so a pool float/raft works well. You could also go with one of these collapsible children's cots HERE. I would go with the option that is easiest to haul,set up and is the least disruptive to the space.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, Dreamcruise27 said:

Thanks everyone! I will take a photo of what worked best and post when we return 🙂

Would love to see a picture of what worked! We are bringing our 6 year old next month and he sleeps the same way you described! At 6 years old, we'd really rather he not be in bed with us...

23 hours ago, natalie_healyoursoul said:

Would love to see a picture of what worked! We are bringing our 6 year old next month and he sleeps the same way you described! At 6 years old, we'd really rather he not be in bed with us...

what line, ship and cabin will you be in?

DS started sleeping on the bunk bed at 4 on cruises and never fell off, even though he is quite a wiggle worm while sleeping. On the last cruise, our cabin didn't have a bunk bed which he was very upset about, so he slept on the sofa propped with a chair.

The bunk beds (pullman bed) has a small guard rail.