Caribbean Princess Medallion door entry - no mailbox

zahav1

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and very diasappointed that they took away the mailboxes when they installed the medallion electronic entry system.  Now most of the notices, including the Patter are shoved under the door.

So, when you enter, often you’re stepping on top of some notice and need to pick it up off the door.  I feel like it’s Motel 6.  

I hope they’re planning to install new mailboxes.   For some people all of this bending may be difficult as those with back issues, etc.   

3 minutes ago, zahav1 said:

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and very diasappointed that they took away the mailboxes when they installed the medallion electronic entry system.  Now most of the notices, including the Patter are shoved under the door.

So, when you enter, often you’re stepping on top of some notice and need to pick it up off the door.  I feel like it’s Motel 6.  

I hope they’re planning to install new mailboxes.   For some people all of this bending may be difficult as those with back issues, etc.   

Packing note to self ... pack extra magnetized clip to attach to door ... talk to stewart about attaching those general notices there ... note to OP ... never remember a Patter on the floor - always on the bed in the cabin

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zahav1 said:

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and very disappointed that they took away the mailboxes when they installed the medallion electronic entry system.  Now most of the notices, including the Patter are shoved under the door.

Ask your steward to put the paper on your bed when he does room maintenance (maybe at turn down?).

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

We just got off the CB on Saturday. I made my own mailbox to take on board and my cabin steward loved it!

2 magnets, a hole punch and a plastic expandable folder that doubled as my document folder pre and post cruise.

Most evenings, however, he put the next day’s Patter on our bed at turndown. 

I agree that sliding papers under the door are a hazardous and uncomfortable delivery system!

326CE2D6-F268-4C27-AF9A-0058CD246C21.jpeg

• Like 3

The Patter was always placed on our bed or the little table by the door.  The ultimate idea of the Medallion is to go paperless.  Everything will be on your smart phone, tablet, or TV.  All the information in the Patter is largely on Princess-at-Sea now.  

• Like 1

All of the ideas are great, you need some of these supplies on hand, I have magnets and need to search around for a  holder of some type

our room steward is pretty bad this time 

going to look funny after a couple of months where you’ll see all sorts of mailbox contraptions. 

I hope Princess is seeing this. 

1 minute ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

The Patter was always placed on our bed or the little table by the door.  The ultimate idea of the Medallion is to go paperless.  Everything will be on your smart phone, tablet, or TV.  All the information in the Patter is largely on Princess-at-Sea now.  

We had spa stuff art auction,  EZ check, captain circle stuff, etc. all on the floor

All the idea and photos look great. On our last cruise, our steward only gave us the patters, invitations, and news worthy things. We never got the spa fliers, art or jewelry ones either. It was his first cruise on this ship and we loved him for that. We will be asking our next steward to do the same. 

We did miss having the mail slot for things as we had friends on the cruise with us and its a nice way to keep in touch for those who do not have smart devices. 

3 hours ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

All the information in the Patter is largely on Princess-at-Sea now.  

Definitely not all of the info from the Patter is on Princess@Sea. I agree that much of it is there but enough of it isn't there that I still end up checking the paper version for some stuff.

3 hours ago, zahav1 said:

We had spa stuff art auction,  EZ check, captain circle stuff, etc. all on the floor

If only there was a way to get them not to give us the art auction and spa stuff! It all goes straight into the trash.

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

So if Princess considers the pax-made mailboxes to be door decorstions ... must they be of flame-retardant materials?

Why? None of the other stuff people put on their doors is flame-retardant.

1 hour ago, cruisintoddler said:

We just got off Crown Princess.   They installed the plate for the medallion sensor ABOVE the mailbox - which makes more sense.    

Why they took off the mailbox on CB I do not understand!

Looks like they're learning as they go. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zahav1 said:

Princess goofs again!  What are they thinking?  Anyone thought about how much extra time and effort this has imposed on the stewards?  In the thread about removing the chairs it was noted how many people needed the arm support of the barrel chairs to get up.  Now you are forcing these same people to get on the floor several times a day to retrieve largely useless paper (art show, spa etc.).  If the ship is all "electronic" why are these notices not posted on the Medallion app or added to the Patter?

The hotshots in HQ really do need to be replaced with some staff that have some seatime rather than "dreamtime" experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, louden said:

Princess goofs again!  What are they thinking?  Anyone thought about how much extra time and effort this has imposed on the stewards?  In the thread about removing the chairs it was noted how many people needed the arm support of the barrel chairs to get up.  Now you are forcing these same people to get on the floor several times a day to retrieve largely useless paper (art show, spa etc.).  If the ship is all "electronic" why are these notices not posted on the Medallion app or added to the Patter?

The hotshots in HQ really do need to be replaced with some staff that have some seatime rather than "dreamtime" experience.

Maybe it's Princess's new exercise program for the elderly. :classic_rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, louden said:

I like the idea of taking the mail off the door and putting it on the bed during the room turndown by the steward.  Other cruise lines do this as well.  It removes from site mail that is personal for that passenger and puts it inside the cabin.  We had no problem with this on the Regal recently.

We were on the CB last November.  All we received in the room were invites, the patter and any special notices.  We were not deluged in junk flyers.  Everything was either left on the bed or small table.  Before the cruise we went to a business supply store and bought a folder with magnets.  We put it on the door and it was never used.  Not all of the patter is online for our smart phones so we did end up reading it at night before bedtime.  Also at every port stop we received the usual map of approved shops (jewelry) and a map and short synopsis of the port as per usual.