Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

We have a onboard credit of $1400 ,our agent said if we don’t use it we loose it.

Im not sure we will use that much.Can we go to the casino and get some cash out?

Any suggestions on how to recover the unused credit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We have a onboard credit of $1400 ,our agent said if we don’t use it we loose it.

Im not sure we will use that much.Can we go to the casino and get some cash out?

Any suggestions on how to recover the unused credit?

 

You can get cash in the casino for a 5% fee.  They will give you vouchers for the slot machines.  Just insert the slip, cash out, and take the slips to the cashier for cash.

 

If you make your SeaPass account a cash account, instead of giving them a credit card number, they should not charge the 5% fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a new change? 

 

 I know in the past left over OBC could be cashed out at the end of the cruise. 

 

I know this from experience as I have the same name as my father.  We sailed together  on the same cruise, he in his cabin and my family in ours.

 

RCI somehow applied my OBC to my dad's account and not mine.

 

On the last day I noticed the large OBC was missing and I went to Guest Services to learn the credit went to my dad, and that man, had cashed out, taken the cash and got on the plane and was headed home.  

 

Texted me later, "Thanks for a great cruise son,  i don't know what happened but somehow I got off the ship with more money than I got on!"  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Is this a new change? 

 

 I know in the past left over OBC could be cashed out at the end of the cruise. 

 

I know this from experience as I have the same name as my father.  We sailed together  on the same cruise, he in his cabin and my family in ours.

 

RCI somehow applied my OBC to my dad's account and not mine.

 

On the last day I noticed the large OBC was missing and I went to Guest Services to learn the credit went to my dad, and that man, had cashed out, taken the cash and got on the plane and was headed home.  

 

Texted me later, "Thanks for a great cruise son,  i don't know what happened but somehow I got off the ship with more money than I got on!"  

 

 

Wasn’t there a song take the money and run?

Thank you both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Is this a new change? 

 

 I know in the past left over OBC could be cashed out at the end of the cruise. 

 

I know this from experience as I have the same name as my father.  We sailed together  on the same cruise, he in his cabin and my family in ours.

 

RCI somehow applied my OBC to my dad's account and not mine.

 

On the last day I noticed the large OBC was missing and I went to Guest Services to learn the credit went to my dad, and that man, had cashed out, taken the cash and got on the plane and was headed home.  

 

Texted me later, "Thanks for a great cruise son,  i don't know what happened but somehow I got off the ship with more money than I got on!"  

 

 

It's for non refundable OBC  you can still cash out refundable OBC on the last day.  It's a fairly new policy for non refundable OBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two types of OBC.  Refundable and Non-Refundable.

 

Typically RC OBC from booking perks and such is Non-Refundable.  If you don't use it, you lose it.

 

Typically other OBC, from TAs or from credit card points, is Refundable.  If you do not use it, it will be refunded to your card on file.

 

The use the Non-refundable first, then the Refundable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play a game to see how far down I can take my non-refundable credit.  So far my record has been leaving six cents on the table.  😉

 

I also have quite the collection of cheap RCI pens from the gift shop.  😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned Sunday from the Harmony and RC returned all my OBC to my card on file yesterday. Not bad, 2 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thisislou said:

Just returned Sunday from the Harmony and RC returned all my OBC to my card on file yesterday. Not bad, 2 days

 

They will as long as it is refundable OBC...they won't if it is listed as non-refundable (as in RCI promo bookings).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it listed out as non refundable & refundable? We will have both on our cruise & just want to make sure it comes from the nonrefundable first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JHawk63 said:

Is it listed out as non refundable & refundable? We will have both on our cruise & just want to make sure it comes from the nonrefundable first!

What ship?  The larger ships will show it listed on your tv.  If not GS can tell you which is which

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What ship?  The larger ships will show it listed on your tv.  If not GS can tell you which is which

We're on the Ovation to Hawaii cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, thisislou said:

Just returned Sunday from the Harmony and RC returned all my OBC to my card on file yesterday. Not bad, 2 days

Did they do that automatically, or did you ask someone to refund the unused credit?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Piepkorn said:

Did they do that automatically, or did you ask someone to refund the unused credit?  

It was automatic. On the room TV account screen, it was showing all of my OBC was refundable. I did go down to the service desk near the end of the cruise to verify. Luckily I did - they had it going to my granddaughter's account instead of my card. It was easily fixed and like I said , a few days later it was back on my card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 1:22 AM, RCCL Fan said:

Is this a new change? 

 

 I know in the past left over OBC could be cashed out at the end of the cruise. 

 

I know this from experience as I have the same name as my father.  We sailed together  on the same cruise, he in his cabin and my family in ours.

 

RCI somehow applied my OBC to my dad's account and not mine.

 

On the last day I noticed the large OBC was missing and I went to Guest Services to learn the credit went to my dad, and that man, had cashed out, taken the cash and got on the plane and was headed home.  

 

Texted me later, "Thanks for a great cruise son,  i don't know what happened but somehow I got off the ship with more money than I got on!"  

 

 

too funny!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...