Royal Clipper Electrical Sockets

elklemi

I saw previous question re: Star Flyer and will be on Royal Clipper in 10 days and I am questioning ability to charge things on Royal Clipper.  I purchased a two pin adapter plug but wonder if this is needed or do I need a transformer to convert voltage, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Royal Clipper uses 220 volt (European) current. You would need to check your devices' chargers to see if they handle that, but my (UK spec) phone / camera / Kindle chargers all cope with that and American 110 volts automatically - I have used them on both Star Clipper and Royal Clipper.

Plug adapters are available to borrow on the ship as mentioned in the previous thread.

Royal Clipper has european 2 pin sockets, type F in the attached link. The current is 220 volts, 60 Hz. As regards your chargers, these should have electrical specifications on them somewhere. My iphone charger for example, says "Imput 100-240V~50/60 Hz" which of course means it can operate at any voltage between 100 and 240 volts on either 50 Hz or 60 Hz current.

https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/

• 1 month later...

Very few items that you are likely  to travel with won't run on 110-240VAC. Newer Braun Oral-B tooth brushes require a charger meant for either 100-130VAC or 200-240VAC. I have one of each. They look the same except the plug is different and the voltage listed on the bottom is different.  

Most US hair dryers will work on low speed. (There is a 220 switch that prevents it going to HIGH)

Note: If you run a U.S.A.(North America) Hair dryer on High speed with 220 VAC, the thing will explode! 

Almost all Phone chargers, Electric razors, camera chargers, Bluetooth speakers, and many more run on "100-240VAC~50-60Hz"