Cruise Critic Community
Joannawog

Refrigerators in Balcony rooms???

We are cruising soon (not soon enough though lol) on the Carnival Valor.  Is there refrigerators in the balcony rooms?

Was on the Glory last week. Think they are in all balconies. Before someone says not true i did say i think

Valor and Glory are both Conquest class.... and refrigerators are in ALL rooms.  

Just now, PA Dutchman said:

more of a cooler, they don't get to cold

Crack the cabinet open, so it has a place to vent the hot air.  

We have also found that if you keep the cooler full, it keeps everything colder.  

We had to put ice in it last Jan on the Pride to keep it cool for my meds

Posted (edited)

On some of those fridges if you can get to the back there is a thermostat that can be turned down .

But I'm sticking with the jmcathome comment 🤣

But if yours is cooler you may want to thank me for it 
🤪

Edited by BoDidly

52 minutes ago, PA Dutchman said:

more of a cooler, they don't get to cold

The older ships had wine coolers, no compressor. The newer ships have real refrigerators, ice cold water and beer. As some have said, cracking the door allows better circulation. A compressor needs air flow.

5 hours ago, Joannawog said:

We are cruising soon (not soon enough though lol) on the Carnival Valor.  Is there refrigerators in the balcony rooms?

Yup!  We've sailed twice on the Valor.

ABQrobin just made the suggestions for me. 🙂 I always noticed that what we put in the refrigerator never seemed to get very cool.  Then I found on CC the suggestion of leaving the cabinet door open some, and it works! 🙂

From Carnival's site:

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in all staterooms and suites: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in suites only:  Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation and Carnival Triumph.

The Carnival Sunshine has non-stocked mini bar units in all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

Read on a review that someone had followed suggestions to use a clip similar to what you'd use to clip your towels to a chair to keep the door slightly propped.  We'll have to try this on our next cruise. 

I wonder if the Sunrise will have a fridge in balcony rooms once it's finished being refurbished in April?  According to the note above the Triumph only had them in suites?

Yes, most balcony rooms on the Valor has a cooler. Nice ship too.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:23 AM, beshears said:

ABQrobin just made the suggestions for me. 🙂 I always noticed that what we put in the refrigerator never seemed to get very cool.  Then I found on CC the suggestion of leaving the cabinet door open some, and it works! 🙂

Thank you!!

On 3/21/2019 at 8:10 AM, ShakyBeef said:

From Carnival's site:

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in all staterooms and suites: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

I have sailed on the Elation, Legend, and Victory--always in a balcony cabin--and have never had a fridge.

1 hour ago, ddgg said:

I have sailed on the Elation, Legend, and Victory--always in a balcony cabin--and have never had a fridge.

I don't know what to tell you.  That is copied-and-pasted directly from Carnival's website.  I guess their own site isn't correct?

Could be.  All I know is that none of my cabins had fridges. Maybe they were installed after October 2018.

No. I didn't look under the bed, either.

no offense taken,  I was also joking

Posted (edited)

We were on the Legend in 2016 and there was a refrig, on all ships it is inside that cabinet in desk unit.

Edited by ABQrobin

15 hours ago, ddgg said:

Elation and Victory true, Legend has them.  I can post from the Carnival site (sailed her as well) if you would like.....

13 hours ago, ddgg said:

Could be.  All I know is that none of my cabins had fridges. Maybe they were installed after October 2018.

Nope been there since she sailed....