Dessert Menu Favorites

nukesubsailor

11 hours ago, pris993 said:

I am a baker, so never eat dessert on a ship, now if we are in a port with a good bakery, that is another thing... especially true if we are in Europe....we buy and bring back to the ship.  

Why not, many of the desserts are wonderful.  Do you feel they are not good enough?  Just curious.

Edited by stoneharborlady

Crème Brulee in the MDR - had one every night we ate there!  Our server unsuccessfully tried to talk me into trying other desserts but I just couldn't tear myself away from the crème brulee.   Other nights (and lunches) in the Horizon Court, the warm bread pudding(s) with warm sauces of various flavors was outstanding.  There was a different flavor every day.  The sticky pudding with warm caramel sauce was the most decadent food I've ever eaten.  You have to find them on a steam table back behind everything in the Horizon Court.  Best kept secret by Princess.

20 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

In the Crown Grill we no longer eat desserts.  There is no longer an item on the Crown Grill dessert menu that we used to have every time we ate there.  It was the Wild Berry Cobbler and it was fantastic.  Sure wish they would bring it back.

I sure wish Princess would consult me when they think about changing menus---or anything else for that matter.  I bet I am not the only one who feels that way.

I am with the OP on the cobbler.  I was SOOOOOOO disappointed the time we went to the CG and found that it was no longer on the menu.  It was the best.

Backup choice is the one that comes with the UBD:

IMG_4014.jpg

Edited by XBGuy

22 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

This isn't desert related, but all you have to do is ask. Last fall one of our table mates wanted a certain type of soft specialty loaf of bread for the table on Fridays. Every Friday, one showed up with the bread.

I think you are talking about Challah.  It is an egg bread usually braided.  And usually eaten Friday night.

7 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Crème Brulee in the MDR - had one every night we ate there!  Our server unsuccessfully tried to talk me into trying other desserts but I just couldn't tear myself away from the crème brulee.

You don't understand. You don't eat another desert instead of the crème brulee - you eat another desert in addition to the crème brulee. :classic_smile: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, suers515 said:

I think you are talking about Challah.  It is an egg bread usually braided.  And usually eaten Friday night.

You very well could be right. I never heard the name, but the bread was braided.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

These are the only desserts I have ever seen at the Crown Grill. They are Meh.......

Don't remember seeing a Wild Berry Cobbler there.

The cobbler was removed from the Crown Grill dessert menu a few years ago.  It may have been about the time that Norman Love's organized chocolate syndicate inserted itself into Princess Cruises.

Pistachio Dome for DH and all of our friends. Any Chocolate Journey desserts are a go as well.

Hazelnut Semi Freddi  - only had it once, and it was so dang delicious and memorable, we are still talking about it years later.

Souffles do NOTHING for us, but we like mousse based creations.

We try all of the special flavor ice creams and sorbets every night, and usually love all of them. We do overindulge on Princess cruises, because it's totally worth it. Every bite!

ETA: not an MDR dessert, but on the first morning after we sailed the IC had hazelnut mousse filled doughnuts. I put 2 on my plate, fully intent on bringing them up to the room for DH, and, unfortunately, one of them never made it to deck 8. It was heavenly.

Hazelnut anything is my weak spot.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy