Bonaire beaches and snorkel

mommao729

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, mommao729 said:

Will be going to Bonaire in April. We love the beach and want to snorkel. But we want to do it on our own. 

Looking for a beach with restaurants and shopping and good snorkeling. 

Following this thread as well.  We are looking for a good beach to snorkel from preferably the southern route.

• Like 1

Last I remember, there was a beach within walking distance from the ship. Private beach where you have to pay for an entrance. Walking that way you will find restaurants and small local shops for souvenirs. That was many years ago. There might be more shops now. But I am sure there was a beach. Check that out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Correct. One of the charms of Bonaire is that it is "rustic". 

Very quickly becoming one of my favorite islands and you DON'T have to snorkel or do a cat. trip to enjoy it. 

The island is really getting nice. 

Love the place it's adorable. 

56 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Very quickly becoming one of my favorite islands and you DON'T have to snorkel or do a cat. trip to enjoy it. 

The island is really getting nice. 

Love the place it's adorable. 

I like adorable as a description. It is a good one. I am going to steal that. 😀

Here is a link to the beaches in Bonaire  https://www.tourismbonaire.com/bonaire-beach/te-amo  

We have cruised to Bonaire 3 times and liked it so much we are doing a land vacation there in January.  We plan to take the water taxi to Klein Bonaire to snorkel from the beach there.  This island has NO amenities.  We will also do some snorkeling from shore on  Bonaire.  I will come back to let you know what worked for us.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 7:26 PM, topspot said:

Here is a link to the beaches in Bonaire  https://www.tourismbonaire.com/bonaire-beach/te-amo  

We have cruised to Bonaire 3 times and liked it so much we are doing a land vacation there in January.  We plan to take the water taxi to Klein Bonaire to snorkel from the beach there.  This island has NO amenities.  We will also do some snorkeling from shore on  Bonaire.  I will come back to let you know what worked for us.

Great thanks for the upcoming review.

Your going to love snorkeling from the beach at Klein Bonaire. Have a great time. 

On 11/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, slabeaume said:

Only been to Spice Beach Club, but loved it.  Snorkeling was great.  Facilities at the resort were really nice, too.  For a better review of my day there, check out http://crusanwithsusan.blogspot.com/2015/04/2015-4-26-bonaire-8-5-eden-beach-spice.html

Killer Blog, AWESOME pictures, Thank you!!

Only been to Spice Beach Club, but loved it.  Snorkeling was great.  Facilities at the resort were really nice, too.  For a better review of my day there, check out http://crusanwithsusan.blogspot.com/2015/04/2015-4-26-bonaire-8-5-eden-beach-spice.html

Would you recommend the Spice Beach Club to people who will not be snorkelling? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent pictures and info!  Thanks!  

We just returned from our land vacation to Bonaire.  We snorkeled at Klein Bonaire using Caribe Sport Water Taxi.  We also snorkeled at Coco Beach, Chachacha beacj (which is at the end of the South Cruise pier), and Wind Sock ( further south,near the airport) all were pretty easy exit and entry and we saw lobster, eels, lots of coral and of course various fish.  Our plan was to snorkel at the Salt Pier (south of airport), and 1000 steps (northern snorkel/dive site), but we ran out of time.  

Chachacha Beach is where the boat docks, there is nothing here but some steps down to the water if you go onto google maps you can see where it is.  Coco Beach chairs, bar etc.  The caribe watersport taxi that you can get just north of the ship, stops at coco beach before going over to Klein Bonaire (this was on a day with no ship in port, so check if they stop there when the ship is in port.  They may fill the water taxi at the ship and just go directly to Klein Bonaire)  Divi Flamingo is quieter and within walking distance of the cruise port. the snorkeling was decent by their dock, not sure if they have a day pass.  We got into the water at Chachacha, drift snorkeled and got out at Divi, and just walked off of their property.  Any other beach we went to needs a taxi, or golf cart to get to and did not have amenities.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Your blog is one of the best!   Thank you.  Your photos are spectacular.   We will be headed to Bonaire in Jan 2022 and just want to enjoy some nice swimming in crystal clear water.  Will we need to wear water shoes to protect from rocks?