Iron and ironing board in suites?

Harry Peterson

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

They may also squeeze toothpaste onto your toothbrush whilst you are at dinner, for ease of brushing when you return.. 😀

I won't ask what he does with the toilet paper.Seriously though, it's probably a fire precaution.It's all down to fighting over one in the laundrette,I guess.

Edited by brian1

There used to be an iron and ironing board in suites and mini suites but a while ago now they were removed as a fire risk.  I don't know if the Butler in a Suite would provide you with one or not.  You can but ask - they don't do the ironing!

17 minutes ago, annieuk said:

There used to be an iron and ironing board in suites and mini suites but a while ago now they were removed as a fire risk.  I don't know if the Butler in a Suite would provide you with one or not.  You can but ask - they don't do the ironing!

Thanks. I can recall having one, but wasn’t sure whether we’d asked the butler to find it. Wouldn’t dream of asking him to do the ironing though. To be honest we make very little use of him - it’s the other things that keep us going back to suites, notably the space, the position and breakfast in the Epicurean.

We haven’t had an iron in any of the suites we have had in recent years (Britannia, Ventura, Arcadia). I recall being told that they were removed as a fire risk. Don’t know about the laundrette as I’ve never set foot in one 😂