City Sightseeing Naples to Pompeii

gatorchinsky

38 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Sounds like the exact same operation mentioned just two threads down the board:

I did see that post but I believe it’s a different shuttle service that goes to Herculaneum.  The one I was looking at is a big red bus like a HOHO bus but it goes directly to Pompeii.

4 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

I did see that post but I believe it’s a different shuttle service that goes to Herculaneum.  The one I was looking at is a big red bus like a HOHO bus but it goes directly to Pompe

Yes they're different shuttle services.  The one I'm looking at goes to Pompeii too, but also other sites such as Herculaneum.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, gatorchinsky said:

Has anyone used the following company from the Naples cruise port to get to Pompeii and back?  Just curious of the experiences you might have had.

https://www.city-sightseeing.it/en/naples-to-pompeii-day-trip-shuttle-bus-ruins-of-pompeii/

Did you ever find out any extra info on this?  I'm doing research trying to find ways to get to Pompeii...we already have a guide set up for us there.  🙂  So many options from taxi to train to private transport.  The guide company we are using (Mondo Guide) said they would provide two-way transportation for 30 euros per person, but seems high to me.  I don't know though  🙂

12 minutes ago, mkaalong said:

I'm doing research trying to find ways to get to Pompeii...we already have a guide set up for us there.  🙂  So many options from taxi to train to private transport.  The guide company we are using (Mondo Guide) said they would provide two-way transportation for 30 euros per person, but seems high to me.  I don't know though  🙂

It is incredibly easy to take the Circumvesuviana train - that is how we always get to Pompeii (or Herculaneum or Sorrento). Bonus - it is very inexpensive.

Edited by dogs4fun

12 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

It is incredibly easy to take the Circumvesuviana train - that is how we always get to Pompeii (or Herculaneum or Sorrento). Bonus - it is very inexpensive.

thank you for that feedback!!!

1 hour ago, mkaalong said:

Did you ever find out any extra info on this?  I'm doing research trying to find ways to get to Pompeii...we already have a guide set up for us there.  🙂  So many options from taxi to train to private transport.  The guide company we are using (Mondo Guide) said they would provide two-way transportation for 30 euros per person, but seems high to me.  I don't know though  🙂

I did not.  Still not sure what we will do but at least I know there are a lot of options.

On 3/30/2019 at 1:38 PM, gatorchinsky said:

I did not.  Still not sure what we will do but at least I know there are a lot of options.

gotcha!  Thanks for the update and reply though  🙂

On 3/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, dogs4fun said:

note: we always take the tram (not taxi) to the train station

The tram (line #1) has not been operational for several years, it has been replaced (temporarily) by the #151 bus:  http://www.anm.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2423&Itemid=260

Once the construction in the area is complete the tram is supposed to return to service.

Edited by euro cruiser

10 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

The tram (line #1) has not been operational for several years, it has been replaced (temporarily) by the #151 bus:  http://www.anm.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2423&Itemid=260

Once the construction in the area is complete the tram is supposed to return to service.

Thanks - good to know. We boarded the tram on Cristoforo Colombo across from port - looking at Google maps, it appears bus 151 stops at the former tram stop. Do I understand this correctly?

Edited by dogs4fun

On 3/31/2019 at 6:50 PM, euro cruiser said:

Yes, thanks for that update!!!