Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

World Cruise 2022 Announced

World Cruise 2022 was announced on board Serenity a little while ago.

Some key highlights:

Five Options with each one qualifying for full world cruise benefits.  The major difference is the amount of  on board credit depending on the length of the cruise.

Two new amenities that are great to see;  Laundry and Doctor Visits.

Miami to Miami 116 nights

Miami to Monte Carlo 102 nights

Los Angeles to Los Angeles 116 nights

Los Angeles to Miami 100 nights

Los Angeles to Monte Carlo 86 nights.

Gala Dinner.

New Free 2 Day Laundry

New Free Doctor visits (Visits is the key word) 

One Shore Side Event

2 Complementary Transfers

Keith

The World Cruise will include stops at 50 ports across 32 countries and visit five continents.

Some highlights of places on the itinerary include:

Australia

New Zealand

Singapore

Middle East including overnight in Jerusalem,  Egypt, Jordan, Cyprus  and Greece.

Istanbul, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania, Italy, Monte Carlo, 

Panama Canal, Mexico, San Diego, Hawaii, Tonga.

What many will find appealing is you can start and end in Los Angeles or start or end in Miami, or start in either Los Angeles or Miami and end in Monte Carlo for those wishing to sail a slightly shorter World Cruise.

It begins in Miami on January 17 or Los Angeles on February  2.

It ends in Monte Carlo on April 28 or Miami on May 13 or Los Angeles on May 29.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

World Cruise 2022 was announced on board Serenity a little while ago.

Some key highlights:

Five Options with each one qualifying for full world cruise benefits.  The major difference is the amount of  on board credit depending on the length of the cruise.

Two new amenities that are great to see;  Laundry and Doctor Visits.

Miami to Miami 116 nights

Miami to Monte Carlo 102 nights

Los Angeles to Los Angeles 116 nights

Los Angeles to Miami 100 nights

Los Angeles to Monte Carlo 86 nights.

Gala Dinner.

New Free 2 Day Laundry

New Free Doctor visits (Visits is the key word) 

One Shore Side Event

2 Complementary Transfers

Keith

Keith

First of all thanks for the details...as always!!

Really glad to see Crystal joined the other cruise lines to include laundry and on board medical care, that will make my decision much easier!!

I wanted to add a couple of  additional comments about the rollout of WC 2022.

I am used to when  it is rolled out on the ship that it is  a preliminary  itinerary without pricing and If  one books on-board the entire World Cruise that it often is months  before that one is final.  Sometimes  the itinerary is still not final.

This rollout has a very detailed itinerary, the pricing by category for each of the five options is available and a full booking on board can be done including getting a room assignment.

I think for those  looking to start and end a World Cruise in the USA this will be very attractive with Miami and Los Angles as popular points.

On the other hand for those looking for a slightly shorter cruise or for that matter for those who just want to end in Europe because they live in Europe or want to spend additional time vacationing there are options to do just that.

There will be two shore-side events.  One will be the Galas Dinner Shoreside Event and the other will be a more traditional World Cruise shoreside event.

For those looking at segments they look to be good lengths.

Miami to Los Angeles January  17 to February 2

Los Angeles to Auckland Feb 2 to Feb 21

Auckland to Perth (Fremantles) Feb 21 to Mar 11

Perth  (Fremantle) to Mumbai March 11 to March 29

Mumbai to Istanbul March 29  to April 16

Istanbul to Monte Carlo April 16 to April 29

Monte  Carlo to Miami April 29 to May 13

Miami to Los Angeles May 13 to May 29

When I look over itineraries like these I am looking at what places they have included (you can't include everything) and arrival and departure times.  Looking over these I would say there were only a couple of places where I wish arrival time was earlier and a departure time later and a couple of ports that might have been worth not visiting to pick up one or two ports in their place.  That is far less than I normally see on any of the prior World Cruises that have been developed.  I would say on this  one that they have a lot of reach, have made it attractive with the places to start and end the cruise and have added to this a large diversity of ports and some ports that the ships have not visited in awhile including Istanbul, Nassebar, Bulgaria, Odessa, Ukraine, Constanta, Romania.  

Keith

I am attaching the brochure that each guest received yesterday with the itinerary for World Cruise 2022.

I hope those of you who might have an interest in one or more segments or for one of the five World Cruise voyages finds this helpful.

Keith

WC2022.pdf

This is the official press release from Crystal.

Nancy

MIAMI, March 22, 2019 – Crystal Cruises has unveiled its 2022 Full World Cruise aboard the award-winning Crystal Serenity, a singular circumnavigation featuring five embarkation and disembarkation choices ranging from 86 to 116 nights, each option offering World Cruise benefits. The “Myths, Marvels & Monuments: A Cultural Mosaic” voyage marks the line’s 27thannual World Cruise, exploring the Panama Canal; Hawaii, Tonga and Samoa; Australia and New Zealand; Indonesia and Sri Lanka; Egypt, Israel and the Black Sea; Greece and the French Riviera.

“Crystal’s 2022 World Cruise again ups the ante of luxury exploration, a true full-circle global odyssey with a focus on choices,” said Carmen Roig, Crystal’s senior vice president, marketing and sales. “A Full World Cruise with Crystal is the journey of a lifetime, and we believe it should be exactly what our guests want it to be. Multiple options to join or leave the ship in Miami, Los Angeles or Monte Carlo make it possible for guests to plan their air travel and calendars on very personal terms, and numerous opportunities to connect with the facets of the destinations that are most meaningful to them make it a truly personal experience.

“The 2022 World Cruise will enchant even the most seasoned travelers, as our team outdoes itself each year to create original itineraries packed with the perfect mix of historical treasures and natural wonders,” she added. “Full World Cruisers will also enjoy a bevy of special incentives and benefits that sweeten the experience even further, from shipboard credits and shoreside events to conveniences like our newly added complimentary two-day laundry service and medical office visits.”

The “Myths, Marvels & Monuments: A Cultural Mosaic” 2022 World Cruise is comprised of eight individual segments of 12 to 19 nights, each available for individual booking. Highlights include:

• Central America focus visiting Jamaica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, the Panama Canal and comprehensive exploration of the Mexican Riviera.
  • Polynesia and South Pacific focus, from Hawaii to Tonga, with 12 days at sea to fully relax and indulge in the all-inclusive luxuries of Crystal Serenity.

• New Zealand and Australia focus, exploring the “Lord of the Rings” landscapes and the famed Barossa and Margaret River wine regions, spending overnights in the cosmopolitan hubs of Auckland and Sydney.
  • Indonesia and Indian Ocean focus, beginning along the Australia’s west coast and highlighting the sacred temples of Bali and Sri Lanka, plus an overnight in Singapore to explore the famed skyline and on to the blissful Maldives.
  • Intensive exploration of the Arabian Gulf and Holy Land, including overnights in Mumbai, Luxor and the Valley of the Kings (Safaga, Egypt) and Jerusalem/Tel Aviv; also visiting the ancient sites of Petra, Limassol and Rhodes and transiting the Suez Canal.
  • Exploration of the Black Sea coast, overnighting in Istanbul and Monte Carlo and visiting historical and picturesque cities in Bulgaria, Ukraine and Romania, along with the Italian Riviera.
  • Fascinating Trans-Atlantic route exploring Gibraltar and the famed limestone St. Michael’s Cave, the military bastions of Cartagena, Spain and Ponta Delgada, capital of Portugal’s Azores archipelago.

Special events on board and ashore will highlight the Full World Cruise voyage, while dozens of Destination Discoveries ashore allow guests to visit some of the world’s most remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Sites. From architectural treasures like Sydney’s Opera House, Mumbai’s Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal to cultural wonders like the historic cities of Istanbul and Rome and mosaics of Paphos, there are experiences offered to suit virtually every traveler’s preferences.

With Full World Cruise options ranging from 82 to 116 nights, guests can choose to sail round-trip from Miami or Los Angeles (116 nights); from Miami to Monte Carlo (102 nights); Los Angeles to Monte Carlo (100 nights) or Los Angeles to Miami (86 nights). Depending on the embarkation and disembarkation selected, Full World Cruise voyages may begin or end with a Panama Canal transit. Each of the Full World Cruise options affords benefits including two complimentary private transfers between port city airport and the ship; an extravagant gala event ashore; exclusively themed onboard events; special gifts; “As You Wish” shipboard spending credits; and fare savings for early booking and Crystal Society.

A new deposit policy offers 15% reduced deposit requirement for any Full World Cruise guests also deposited on Crystal’s 2020 and/or 2021 Full World Cruises. Bookings are now open for previous, current, and future Full World Cruise guests; bookings open to the public on April 10, 2019

36 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Thanks for posting, Keith.

Itinerary looks interesting.  Will wait for pricing. 

While it is not included on Keith's attachment, pricing is included in the e-mail we received from Crystal yesterday. There is an "exclusive booking window" until April 10 for those on the current WC as well as those with bookings on the 2020 and 2021 WC, so that may be why it is not on the consumer website yet. 

Edited by Roland4

Just now, History&Wine said:

Thanks for posting, Keith.

Itinerary looks interesting.  Will wait for pricing. 

Dwight,  you are very welcome.

I thought this might be helpful.  It is the pricing  for the  two 116 night cruises (Miami R/T and Los Angeles R/T) which are both 116 nights.  The pricing is the  same for these two.

The pricing I am providing is per person for double occupancy.  I am not sure what the single supplement fares and based on the Crystal Society Fares. The prices do not include taxes, fees and port charges  and does not include on-board booking savings nor the early fully payment discount.  The pricing is based on new bookings when booked by April  30, 2019.

These two voyages are 116 nights.

C3  $36,120

C2  $39,182

C1  $41,874

B3  $49, 995

B2  $51,216

B1  $52,234

A2  $52,992

A1  $53,788

P2  $53,788

P1  $53,788

SH $81,584

PH $81,584

SP  $109,889

PS  $109,899

CP  $219,039

The other three voyages have lower prices as they are 102, 100, and 86 in duration.

I hope this helps.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Dwight,  you are very welcome.

I thought this might be helpful.  It is the pricing  for the  two 116 night cruises (Miami R/T and Los Angeles R/T) which are both 116 nights.  The pricing is the  same for these two.

The pricing I am providing is per person for double occupancy.  I am not sure what the single supplement fares and based on the Crystal Society Fares. The prices do not include taxes, fees and port charges  and does not include on-board booking savings nor the early fully payment discount.  The pricing is based on new bookings when booked by April  30, 2019.

These two voyages are 116 nights.

C3  $36,120

C2  $39,182

C1  $41,874

B3  $49, 995

B2  $51,216

B1  $52,234

A2  $52,992

A1  $53,788

P2  $53,788

P1  $53,788

SH $81,584

PH $81,584

SP  $109,889

PS  $109,899

CP  $219,039

The other three voyages have lower prices as they are 102, 100, and 86 in duration.

I hope this helps.

Keith

I checked the Agent site this morning and the Port, Security & Handling fees for the Miami R/T are $6,380.00/person. For a PS, the B2B Discount is $5,940.00/person and the Crystal Society Discount is $2,970.00/person, which would also be the Onboard Booking Discount and, I believe, the Early Full Payment Discount.

Dust off the calculator and have at it!!😁

Keith,

When a future WC is announced on a current WC, how do those initial onboard bookings work?  Is there a mad (but dignified, of course) dash to the future cruise consultant's desk?

I can answer that.  As told to me no mad dash to the cruise consultant. This is a big investment for a WC some will think about it before booking and a huge investment.

1 hour ago, MalbecWine said:

I can answer that.  As told to me no mad dash to the cruise consultant. This is a big investment for a WC some will think about it before booking and a huge investment.

For some the $$$ involved are not an issue and the fear of missing out on their preferred cabin/suite will take priority so they will book asap

There are probably some who simply must be first to book

The loss of a relatively small amount of their deposit should they need to cancel the WC and not take any other cruises instead is unlikely to be the deciding factor for some

Now whether there are enough in that category to create a mad dash onboard is questionable - many have good TA's who will handle it for them anyway so need to involve the On Board consultant

5 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Keith,

When a future WC is announced on a current WC, how do those initial onboard bookings work?  Is there a mad (but dignified, of course) dash to the future cruise consultant's desk?

Ken,  my wife and I have  experienced  the announcement of nine World Cruises since I sailed our first World Cruise in 2007.

Yes, at time there is a dash to the consultants desk when the announcement has been  made.  I have seen people go down there while the announcement has been made.  This time they waited to give out the itinerary packages to those who attended (it was a full house at the Galaxy Showroom which was much higher than I would have expected).

Let me begin by saying that there is no loss of deposit.  Someone can have the booking made and they do not have to make the full deposit until a few weeks after leaving the ship so they can change their mind and get their $1,500 per person deposit back without a loss.

What I can say is that the on board booking consultant has been very busy.  There were people at her desk from the moment it was announced two days ago.  I know two couples who I  was speaking with yesterday while I was waiting to get off the ship (which didn't happen because the port stop was cancelled) who were both booking the WC, and had been sitting at the desk for an hour before the future consultant arrived.  When I passed by the desk at different times yesterday familiar faces were there making bookings. We had a drink last night and sat right near the desk and an orderly non-stop of people kept coming and the future consultant was at the desk well after closing time.

The other thing is you don't need to go by the desk as the form can be filled out easily and turned into the front desk and it will be given to the consultant to make the booking.

I do think that Crystal hit a home run on this one.  I have already spoken with many people who have booked it.  I have spoken to some who are thinking about it.  At the same time you have people not on board who are booked on the 2020 and 2021 full World Cruises and I am sure their TA's are getting with them to see if they want to book.  For those who want specific rooms unlike in the past as soon as you book you get the room assigned.

I am also reminded that there are something like 150 people who previously sailed Crystal Cruises who are  first time World Cruises on this full World Cruise and there are 53 full World Cruises who never sailed Crystal before boarding the ship for this World Cruise.  So, there is a lot of first time potential and I think the demand increases with more and more of the baby boom generation retiring.  I do think that the great appeal will be the itinerary (most people love it) and the ability to start/end in Miami or start/end in Los Angeles or do one of the other options.

If I sad a down-side it would be that the one ending in Los Angeles ends in late May and for some that is later than desired.

Ken, back to your question with several sea days to go on this cruise I expect to see a continued stream of guests booking this cruise as well as other cruises.  I know of some who have booked 2020 and/or 2021 World Cruises while on board.  

Keith

We are interested in a couple of segments.  We can’t take the full WC because we both have relatives that are up there in age and one living in assisted living also our aging dog.  Family always comes first.  It’s a crap shoot even doing segments.  

I can tell you that when I checked the Agent site yesterday morning, the CP,  Seabreeze PS and Balcony P2 were all "Call For Availability". Everything else was available. Never having looked at WC pricing this early, it may be the CP is always like that because there are only four of them, but the other two?

Edited by Roland4

The PH deck on Serenity always seems to sell out first.  I checked other availability as well and many categories are available as you mentioned.  At this point the WC is not a mad dash.  It probably will sell well in time.

Actually it is the categories that Larry spoke about. 

In general all four CP's sell out and with only 2 SeaBreeze PS the odds are high they will sell out.

What has changed is there are many more PH's on Serenity than there used to be with the new SeaBreeze PH's.

What sells fast are the rooms on Deck 7.

Either way not sure what a mad dash but many people we know are booking it.  It certainly won't sell out but it is selling nicely from what I see.

When you are on the ship you get a good pulse of the reaction.  For example when 2017 was announced it was clear there was little interest in it and that proved to be correct.  This one does look very popular and I believe 2021 is as well as I think (remember I said I think) that although rooms are available for segments for 2021 I believe the rest is Call For Availability.

With that said numbers change constantly as has been the case with every World Cruise until it actually begins.

Keith

When final payment is due that will open up those who may have waitlistings for PH deck including the CP.  Cancelations will happen.  We all know that. 

Just now, MalbecWine said:

When final payment is due that will open up those who may have waitlistings for PH deck including the CP.  Cancelations will happen.  We all know that. 

I thought I mentioned that when I said that the numbers change.

Of   course as I mentioned the PH's don't  sell out so fast  because there are more of them than ever  before.  

As to CP, they rarely open up when they are booked solid for a World Cruise.  

We had two segments in the CP last year due to a cancellation.  It’s rare but it does happen.

Edited by MalbecWine

Just now, MalbecWine said:

We had two segments in the CP last year due to a cancellation.  It’s rare but it does happen.

Very confused.  When you began posting last year you said that you got  off at the end of the first segment of WC 2018.  

Post 625.

I had previously posted the pricing for the two voyages (Los Angeles R/T and Miami R/T that are 116 nights which are priced the same and found at the end of this post.

I am now posting all the pricing for each of the five full World Cruises

As I mentioned this is per person, double occupancy and reflects the Crystal Society Fare (2.5% discount).  It does not reflect a 2.5% on-board booking fare nor another 2.5% savings if you make the early final payment.  It does not reflect tax, fees and port charges.

I know from a friend that single supplements are consistent with what she has paid before and assume they are capacity controlled so that is something for a TA to find out for each person.

As noted those on the current World Cruise or booked on either the 2020 or 2021 full World Cruises can book the World Cruise until it is open to everyone in mid-April.

The Gala Dinner will take place shoreside in Sydney for those guests booked on any of the five World Cruises.  There will also be one additional shoreside event.  

Two new benefits are the 2 Day ( not express) Complimentary Laundry Service and the complimentary Free doctor visits.  Not included are medications, extended treatment or shoreside treatment/facilities.

Pricing for the 86 night voyage which is from Los Angeles to Monte Carlo.

C3  $27,934

C2  $30,302

C1  $32,383

B3  $38,747

B2  $39,691

B1  $40,477

A2  $41,069

A1  $41,680

P2  $41,680

P1  $41,680

SH $63,260

PH $63,260

SP  $85,238

PS  $85,238

CP  $169,968

Pricing for the Los Angeles to Miami 100 night voyage.

C3  $31,634

C2  $34,317

C1  $36,675

B3  $43,835

B2  $44,908

B1  $45,796

A2  $46,462

A1  $47,156

P2  $47,156

P1  $47,156

SH $71,455

PH $71,455

SP  $94,395

PS  $94,395

CP  $192,075

Pricing for the Miami to Monte Carlo 102 night voyage.

C3  $32,420

C2  $35,168

C1  $37,582

B3  $44,908

B2  $45,999

B1  $46,915

A2  $47,600

A1  $48,312

P2  $48,312

P1  $48,312

SH $73,389

PH $73,389

SP  $98,835

PS  $98,835

CP  $196,932

Pricing for the Miami Roundtrip and Los Angeles Round Trip 116 night voyages 

C3  $36,120

C2  $39,182

C1  $41,874

B3  $49, 995

B2  $51,216

B1  $52,234

A2  $52,992

A1  $53,788

P2  $53,788

P1  $53,788

SH $81,584

PH $81,584

SP  $109,889

PS  $109,899

CP  $219,039

Hopefully I do not have typos for the pricing.

The pricing is through end of April 30, 2019.  It may or may not adjust after that.

If there are questions I can help with, please let me know.

Keith

Keith