How are the Swans doing, 2019

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry ML, Dees too strong for your Swannies. 

Demons  15.10.100 d Swans 11.12.78

Buddy kicked 1 goal and 3 behinds.

Leigh

Buddy seems off the pace, he is too slow now and is kicking around 20 metres less than last year. I think he is really out of condition, injured or is it just his age catching up.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Buddy seems off the pace, he is too slow now and is kicking around 20 metres less than last year. I think he is really out of condition, injured or is it just his age catching up.

Perhaps all three Mic. I said the same during game when he was kicking from the fifty. He would easily have kicked the distance not all that long ago. He still uses his bulk well though!

Leigh

58 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Nice win by the bombers today against the previously undefeated Brisbane.

It sure was Mic, a wonderful day at the MCG. I took my grandson who was very excited with the win particularly that he was going home to stir his father and younger brother who are Lions' fans.

Leigh

55 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It sure was Mic, a wonderful day at the MCG. I took my grandson who was very excited with the win particularly that he was going home to stir his father and younger brother who are Lions' fans.

Leigh

Footy rivalry at it's finest when in the family.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:02 AM, possum52 said:

Sorry ML, Dees too strong for your Swannies. 

Demons  15.10.100 d Swans 11.12.78

Buddy kicked 1 goal and 3 behinds.

Leigh

On 4/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, MicCanberra said:

On 4/11/2019 at 6:09 AM, possum52 said:

Perhaps all three Mic. I said the same during game when he was kicking from the fifty. He would easily have kicked the distance not all that long ago. He still uses his bulk well though!

Leigh

Hi all

I have been so busy this week, i completely forgot about the Swans and posting my prediction. Could be a good thing--I would have said they would win.

So, what is up with the swans in general and Buddy in particular? I don't get any inside scoop halfway across the world. I am a bit discouraged. I'll have to go see who they play next, but they seem incapable of scoring more than 85-90 points.

As an additional note, just got a brochure today from Oceania. Had a nice cruise all around Australia, and Bali, Komodo and an overnight in Melbourne! Plus, a stop in Burnie and 2 new ports--Mooloolaba and Port Lincoln. The whole month of December 2020, a total of 35 days. If we weren't already going to the Amazon, might consider it.  I am feeling strong pull back to Australia.

ML

20 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Love that Hayden was looking forward to going home and torturing dad and Jake ( I hope I have that right!).

ML

22 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

I have been so busy this week, i completely forgot about the Swans and posting my prediction. Could be a good thing--I would have said they would win.

So, what is up with the swans in general and Buddy in particular? I don't get any inside scoop halfway across the world. I am a bit discouraged. I'll have to go see who they play next, but they seem incapable of scoring more than 85-90 points.

As an additional note, just got a brochure today from Oceania. Had a nice cruise all around Australia, and Bali, Komodo and an overnight in Melbourne! Plus, a stop in Burnie and 2 new ports--Mooloolaba and Port Lincoln. The whole month of December 2020, a total of 35 days. If we weren't already going to the Amazon, might consider it.  I am feeling strong pull back to Australia.

ML

I am sure it is their defence/ midfield that is the issue, they just cannot seem to clear their lines and of course the ball just keeps coming back.

As for coming back to Australia, the top end  is very hot and very humid in December. Makes it very uncomfortable.It would be much better to cruise there over March/April or September/October

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure it is their defence/ midfield that is the issue, they just cannot seem to clear their lines and of course the ball just keeps coming back.

As for coming back to Australia, the top end  is very hot and very humid in December. Makes it very uncomfortable.It would be much better to cruise there over March/April or September/October

Hi Mic

Ah, thanks for the explanation. It does make sense. I wish I could watch the games here, but I have been unable to find  a way to do it, even online. Online sites seem to know where I am and they can block me by region. It is so unfair!

DH and I had a long discussion about the temperature/humidity in December. We both agreed that we don't ever want to be as hot/sticky as we were in Kuranda in March again :classic_laugh: We may keep looking. I would love to go back and overnight in Melbourne. I know some locals who could help me out with what to see/do, especially in football season :classic_wink:

ML

ML, to me it seems the Swans have lost much of the speed they have had in previous seasons and their once best players are also their oldest. They also had a couple of good players head to Victorian clubs at the end of last season - one to Geelong and one to St Kilda. That said they do have a few younger players coming through who are looking the goods. 

Re Oceania cruise - it will be so hot and humid in the top end in December. Like Kuranda! We were in Darwin once in April and the humidity was horrible. As Mic said the winter months are the best time to visit up north. Yes, I'm sure there is a local who could help you out in Melbourne!

Leigh

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi Leigh

Love that Hayden was looking forward to going home and torturing dad and Jake ( I hope I have that right!).

ML

Yes ML, you have it right. 

Leigh

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, possum52 said:

Have you given up on the Blue Mr GUT? You are probably correct re Swans. I'm pleased after the Bombers' win over the Demons last night. 

Leigh

No still a Blues follower, but also a realist.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans play Richmond Tigers in Melbourne on Saturday night, 7.25pm. I may be another tough game for them.

Yes, I saw that. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My score prediction--Swans 12.16 (88) Tigers 11.12 (78). But I have a suspicion I may have it backwards again :classic_sad: The Swans haven't really been scoring very well so far and Richmond looks like they are warming up a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if Richmond scores a lot more. Maybe Buddy will snap out of his funk--but nothing can make him younger!

Go Swans!

• Like 1

I'm off to the Bombers v Kangas this afternoon for the Good Friday game. I always said I wouldn't go to football on Good Friday ( not that I'm terribly religious) but anyway now that my team is playing what do I do but go!

Good luck to the Swans against the Tigers tomorrow evening.

Leigh

Results so far for this round - 

Collingwood 18.15.123 d Brisbane 8.13.61

Essendon 17.14.116 d North Melbourne 7.16.58

Port Adelaide 13.17.95 d West Coast 8.5.53.

All winners so far have been the away teams.

Leigh