missed port Greenock

hunt182644

Has anyone ever missed a port stop at Greenock due to weather. This will be an overnight stop on our 2020 August British isle cruise. Read where someone mentioned the possibility of the ship not stopping at this port due to weather. Am trying to find out if this is a common occurrence or not.

Done 5 BI cruises and never once missed Greenock due to weather. Guernsey is a regular port to miss even if weather isnt bad due to tide conditions. We have also missed Dublin when the ship broke down  and then on same cruise we missed Kirkwall due to weather.

An overnight stop in Greenock in August implies that there will be excursions that drive across Scotland to go to the Edinburgh Tattoo which is a spectacular event. We've cruised the British Isles a few times and have never missed Greenock.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Done 5 BI cruises and never once missed Greenock due to weather. Guernsey is a regular port to miss even if weather isnt bad due to tide conditions. We have also missed Dublin when the ship broke down  and then on same cruise we missed Kirkwall due to weather.

We were on that one too! Caribbean Princess? Have also done 5 BI cruises and another one booked for Crown Princess this July. We always sail July/August (school holidays).

No, I have never missed Greenock either.

Tracey

6 minutes ago, jones721 said:

We were on that one too! Caribbean Princess? Have also done 5 BI cruises and another one booked for Crown Princess this July. We always sail July/August (school holidays).

No, I have never missed Greenock either.

Tracey

We have booked  BI cruise for August this year.

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have booked  BI cruise for August this year.

I bet we've overlapped at some time or another! Sailing 24th July this year, last year was also the same week on Royal. Most sailings have been last week of July and once in August (I think). Only missed one year since 2012 🙂

Is it a true overnight or just a really late departure? When we did our British Isles cruise, the ship was scheduled to leave at 2 a.m. It ended up leaving a little bit later due to some excursion buses getting back late from the Tattoo. 

The Aug 2020 is scheduled for a 2:am departure. Thanks to those who replied, had a person who claimed to have knowledge about this port remark hope you can make this port. The Tatoo is our main reason for this trip , certainly hoping for calm sea's.

23 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

The water was calm where we tendered in Greenock last summer. If it’s during the Tattoo, that’s the main event, so they’re gonna make every effort to ensure people get that experience.

You tendered in Greenock?  We docked.  Could you be thinking of South Queensferry? 

We didn't miss Greenock but we did miss Guernsey.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

You tendered in Greenock?  We docked.  Could you be thinking of South Queensferry? 

We didn't miss Greenock but we did miss Guernsey.

Oh my goodness; yes, I got all mixed up! 🤦‍♀️ I take back my earlier post. Greenock was a normal docking. 

• Haha 1