Live from Celebrity Summit 3/25/19 Inaugural Revolution Cruise!

rosskeys88

3 hours ago, avrey97 said:

We ate at Qsine last night. It hasn’t seemed to have made the switch to Le Petit Chef. Still had the same menu and sign as the previous version 

(and it was fabulous!)551779B3-2F87-493B-8B67-D6729325284A.thumb.jpeg.940b0baacd457c716aaf7db4ecf7494f.jpeg

We were on the Jan 5 pre-drydock Summit cruise.  By the end of our sailing we were told by the Qaine staff that it was not going to change over to LPC.  Not surprised you found it remained Qsine.  Time will tell.....

Great pics, have a wonderful cruise

Did I understand you found a lot of shade on the Retreat deck space? Pics?

We will be on Equinox, post-rev, I know it may be quite different from Summit, but I'm interested in how much shade I can find on the Retreat lounging space.

'

3 hours ago, ZiggyGA said:

Question.... Is the sofa next to the connecting door also a pull out bed?  We are in 6137 which is also a connecting Royal on the 03/30 cruise and our Grand Daughter will be with us

Just off Millennium in a Royal and yes the sofa converts to a very comfortable bed. Guess they are new so it was much more comfortable than the one in the Penthouse last year.

There was no shade up on the retreat deck on Millie but after lots of comments I think they were planning to put some shade over the tables up there. 

They seem to be listening as they have added lights to the vanity unit in the Royal bedroom. These were non existent on Millie and we mentioned that to them only 10 days ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

We were on the Jan 5 pre-drydock Summit cruise.  By the end of our sailing we were told by the Qaine staff that it was not going to change over to LPC.  Not surprised you found it remained Qsine.  Time will tell.....

That would  be good news if it did not change over. It would give us another dining option.  Q SINE is a bit gimmicky in its own way  but has good food and many choices.    LPC has a limited menu &  is just not of interest to us..although popular  as a one and done on other ships from what we heard..

• Like 2

Can't wait to go on the Summit on April 13th!  Pardon the boring question but can you take a snap shot of the laundry prices - I am a mom with 2 little boys and laundry is key for us cruising (or any travel for that matter!).  Last year Equinox had a deal - $40 for all the laundry that would fit into a bag - it was a lifesaver!  Thanks!!

12 hours ago, Zigster said:

Is there also a Children's Menu in Luminae?  Thank you for posting your photos.  

I am not the OP, but I was looking at current Luminae menus on the App, and there is a "Kid's Menu" Selection listed. It lists Caesar Salad, Crudites with Hummus and Ranch, Tomato soup with Basil and Foccacia Croutons. Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Grilled Cheese, Mac and Cheese, Cheeseburger, Mini Pizza Margarita, Fish Goujons (fish sticks?) and 4 oz Filet Mignon, with Mashed Potatoes. Kid's desserts include PB&J Sundae, Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk, Ice Cream and Sorbets, and Chocolate Mousse. 

Edited by bermadu22
Forgot an item
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, bermadu22 said:

I am not the OP, but I was looking at current Luminae menus on the App, and there is a "Kid's Menu" Selection listed. It lists Caesar Salad, Crudites with Hummus and Ranch, Tomato soup with Basil and Foccacia Croutons. Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Grilled Cheese, Mac and Cheese, Cheeseburger, Mini Pizza Margarita, Fish Goujons (fish sticks?) and 4 oz Filet Mignon, with Mashed Potatoes. Kid's desserts include PB&J Sundae, Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk, Ice Cream and Sorbets, and Chocolate Mousse. 

FYI ... this is the same children's menu that was on the Silhouette in late December in the MDR, so I'm guessing there is just one, basic children's menu throughout the ship.  Our eight-year-old ordered off the regular menu quite often as well (she loved the French onion soup and enjoyed trying the different pastas offered each day) so they are definitely not limited to just what's on the kids' menu.  Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Linda

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, ZiggyGA said:

Question.... Is the sofa next to the connecting door also a pull out bed?  We are in 6137 which is also a connecting Royal on the 03/30 cruise and our Grand Daughter will be with us

Yes it is a pullout! Comfortable.  I slept on it last night!

• Like 1

Limited working internet on board.

here is our room tour

So far, so good, but not without hiccups.

Retreat model service is not well thought out.  We have have seen our butler working multiple locations.

Blu has the best service so far. 

Bar service throughout has been strong. 

Qsine tonight.

The APP is useless, almost everything, including menus is incorrect. 

Room.  We have two rooms RS 6133 and 6138. 6138 wasn’t finished (missing lamps) and has an odor in the bathroom that they can’t seem to fix. Butler service is not stellar.

6133 service is much better and room was more polished.  No odor. Butler on that side “asks.”  Doesn’t wait for you to request. 

Suite manager Joann is great, but she is dealing with a lot of issues.  Poor thing. 

Retreat Deck is very quiet, decent service and a nice break from the crowd.  

Off to the beach!

11 hours ago, bermadu22 said:

They did not provide a kids menu, and the app menu (app in general) is worthless.  

That said, they went over and above to get our kids what they wanted. 

Be warned, Luminae service is slow.  You are looking at 2 hours minimum. A long time for kids.