Regatta - 2 new reviews, 1 & 2 Stars, Late Ports

ABoatNerd

47 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Two new reviews of Regatta posted.

Both reference being late for multiple ports.

Fascinating.

We just finished 33 days on Sirena including rounding Cape Horn. Rough seas on several days had us arriving late to a couple of ports. Other ships in the area were late as well.

Fortunately, on several other days, we made ports that other cruise ships (not Oceania) had to skip due to weather/sea conditions on different days.

Last year, on a transpacific on Insignia, a monster storm scuttled two Australian ports (for every cruise ship in the area at that time).

Suggesting that late arrivals and/or missed ports automatically equate to mechanical or navigational problems is bogus. And citing the opinions of "wannabe skippers" onboard second-guessing the ship's master and chief engineer is a useless exercise.

As has been discussed before, Oceania is certainly not hurting for passengers - on Regatta or any of the other ships in the fleet. Choice cabins on popular exotic itineraries often fill within days of being announced (e.g., some segments of the world cruises). The NEXT renovations of the R ships (including Regatta) and the two new builds over the next few years will keep Oceania at the leading edge of the premium cruise industry segment.

Unhappy "former" Oceania customers could certainly head over to Azamara (though they'd then have to endure their food).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 2

sounds like the reviews were written by the same person

Are people that naive  that they think their Butler is  for them alone  & just sitting outside the cabin at their beck & Call :classic_rolleyes:

JMO

Everything was so bad - the butler, the ship, the ports? Not every cruise is perfect, but these reviews don’t match our overall experience after 10 cruises with Oceania at all. It’s their right to leave a negative review, but we’ll continue to sail with Oceania. I hope the complainers will look elsewhere for their vacations in the future.

• Like 1

I’ve seen a couple reviewers totally lose their perspective.  Their negativity was so over the top that for me their credibility was lost. 

But hey, whatever floats your boat. 

Right now I would be so happy to go on an Oceania cruise. Had to cancel something and I’m quite sad. 

I pretty much discount anything that is 100% in one direction (or the other) ... or even 90%.  Not everyone will be happy with every cruiseline or ship, that's a given.