Just Ordered AARP Carnival Gift Cards0

vicky3vicky

I just ordered some AARP 10% savings0 Carnival Gift cards which we intend to use to pay off the off the remainder of our cruise. The delivery information gave us NO clue as to how long it would take for us to receive the cards. Is there anyone else who has purchased the cards that could give me a general idea how long the wait could be? Thank you in advance.

All of the gift cards I have ordered have arrived within a week. They have never given me a tracking number even though they were always shipped via UPS, so I signed up for the free UPS My Choice. That way I could see when my delivery was scheduled and make sure someone was home. 

• Like 1

I never get a notice from them. However, you can go into the rewards page on AARP and look for something like “history” and see what you have ordered. It is supposed to give you a link to a tracking number but when I did it recently, it said USPS even though I knew it had to come UPS and be signed for. Came up as number not yet available so I called them and got a tracking number. Cards came in little over a week.

11 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

My $500 always come UPS and have to be signed for.

Yep. Any order under $500 will come USPS and doesn't require a signature. Anything $500 and over comes UPS and does require a signature. If you know you won't be home, I've heard of people arranging to have them delivered to a UPS store so they could pick them up whenever and sign for them there.

56 minutes ago, 144144 said:

Where on aarp do you find these coupons?

Google AARP Rewards for Good. You don't have to be a member of AARP, you just need to sign up for a free Rewards for Good account. You'll earn points just for signing up. Then you can sign up for email newsletters that include promo codes. Enter those codes on the Rewards for Good site for 150 pts. each. You can also take simple, short quizzes on the site for points. Different topics like saving money, automobile related, things that AARP helps with. Those points are cashed in for the discount Carnival cards. 1,000 points for 10% off $100 cards or 5,000 points for 10% off $500 cards. 

57 minutes ago, 144144 said:

Where on aarp do you find these coupons?

Go to the website. There is a red banner near the top. In the middle, towards the left of the banner it says REWARDS FOR GOOD. You just follow the directions, check out the quizzes [super short and informative'] and rack up points. On the list of quizzes, the ones on the left hand side, labeled "take one time only" will be the highest paying quizzes. It took me about half an hour to rack up 5,000 points, which was enough to get $50 off one $500 gift card........................

• Like 1

Vicky, I just ordered $500 worth of gift cards. The day after I ordered them I got an email from AARP saying that there was action required and i needed to call them to confirm the order. I called and it was a quick 2 minute conversation to confirm mailing address and that I had in fact ordered them. This was on the 19th.

The girl told me that they would send me an email with tracking information once the cards shipped. I never get an email, but my cards arrived yesterday (the 22nd). They came UPS and required a signature.

Just as an FYI... I am enrolled in UPS My Choice and I set up delivery of my cards with no signature required through the email notifications I get from UPS when delivery of my cards has been scheduled. They leave the envelope at my door and I get it when I get off work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 1:40 PM, bdever said:

Just as an FYI... I am enrolled in UPS My Choice and I set up delivery of my cards with no signature required through the email notifications I get from UPS when delivery of my cards has been scheduled. They leave the envelope at my door and I get it when I get off work. 

I don't know if I want $1,000 in gift cards left on my doorstep. I like the UPS store option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't know if I want $1,000 in gift cards left on my doorstep. I like the UPS store option.

I agree, Saint Greg. I don't think it would matter how much it was, gift cards are like cash. I want someone I trust to sign for them.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s not for everyone but it works for me because I live in a secured complex. I am sharing options that UPS provides. Simple. And you’re welcome. I am glad you found a UPS My Choice option that works for you. 

5 minutes ago, bdever said:

It’s not for everyone but it works for me because I live in a secured complex. I am sharing options that UPS provides. Simple. And you’re welcome. I am glad you found a UPS My Choice option that works for you. 

giphy.gif

Well Saint Greg, I like that it was funny, but more accurate would be defensive since it seems like the majority of people on here are mean and don’t even bother with saying thank you when you provide ideas, options or alternatives even if it doesn’t fit their specific needs. 

I think it’s funny that a lot of people complain about having to sign for a UPS delivery of gift cards on this forum but the moment someone says there is an alternative for that or a work around they change their tune and all of a sudden signing for a UPS delivery is not a problem. With the UPS My Choice option you have the choice of 1. Getting a package delivered without signature, 2. Getting your package delivered to a UPS store, 3. getting a package re-routed to an alternative address for signature, or 4. reassigning you package delivery date for a day you will be home to sign for it. 

Now watch and see how many people complain these options don’t work for them when I was just trying to help to begin with.

thanks for the smile though saint Greg.

• Like 1