Cruise Critic Community
poss

trip insurance store or insure my trip

Has anyone found a significant difference between these two companies?

Thanks.

Both are well known brokers of travel insurance, with many satisfied clients who post here.  I've used both, but prefer insuremytrip.   You'll pay the same price with either.

I don’t know if insuremytrip will do this, but when I had a problem with a claim, Steve at tripinsurancestore went to bat for me and talked to the insurance company directly.  I had my check in a couple days.

Thank you for the two replies.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Suzanne123 said:

I don’t know if insuremytrip will do this, but when I had a problem with a claim, Steve at tripinsurancestore went to bat for me and talked to the insurance company directly.  I had my check in a couple days.

We've had remarkable help from Steve - and others - at Trip Insurance Store.  This includes choosing the right type of policy (and sometimes saving us money, once by pointing out why that trip might not even need outside travel insurance!), as well as once helping us determine, from overseas, if what we thought was an unusual situation (it probably wasn't) was covered.  It was great to hear back within 24 hours that he'd contacted our insurer with the details, and exactly how we should file the claim, which was then paid promptly.

GC

On 3/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, GeezerCouple said:

We've had remarkable help from Steve - and others - at Trip Insurance Store.  This includes choosing the right type of policy (and sometimes saving us money, once by pointing out why that trip might not even need outside travel insurance!), as well as once helping us determine, from overseas, if what we thought was an unusual situation (it probably wasn't) was covered.  It was great to hear back within 24 hours that he'd contacted our insurer with the details, and exactly how we should file the claim, which was then paid promptly.

GC

I wholeheartedly agree. While policies can certainly be purchased from a number of agencies and directly from the insurers themselves, Steve and his crew at tripinsurancestore.com go the extra mile with advice, planning guidance and help during those stressful times when a claim is necessary. 

It's unbelievably comforting to call Steve on either the toll free number or their 816 number and when Steve answers to have him call you by your first name. Sure he has caller ID but beyond that, he takes the time and makes the effort to get to know his customers and their unique needs. 

I presently have 10 upcoming cruises booked and I've contacted Steve to write travel insurance policies for me on each and every one of them.

Color me completely satisfied!

I have to agree with Trip Insurance  Store and Steve.  Have had to file claims after purchasing policies from each of them.  While there were delays with both, like the personal service of Trip Insurance  Store.  

Has anyone bought a multi-trip policy?  Or do you purchase individual for each trip?

23 hours ago, Mollie975 said:

Has anyone bought a multi-trip policy?  Or do you purchase individual for each trip?

We have a multi-trip policy with Roamright.  There aren't a lot of multi-trip policies out there, at least as far as I could find.   Luckily have not had to make a claim yet.   We've used them for several years now.

Definitely Trip Insurance Store and Steve.  He and his staff have extensive knowledge and carefully guide you to the correct policy and not try to up-sell.  Steve will facilitate any claims processing should there be a need.

did not find that to be the case with insure my trip.

32 minutes ago, westcoastcruiser said:

Definitely Trip Insurance Store and Steve.  He and his staff have extensive knowledge and carefully guide you to the correct policy and not try to up-sell.  Steve will facilitate any claims processing should there be a need.

did not find that to be the case with insure my trip.

+1