Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

We often travel with our 2 dogs when we go by car. We would never take them on a plane because 1 is very nervous and easily stressed. Being under a seat, hearing all the noises and feeling the motion of the plane would be cruel to her.  But, our other dog is so calm and trusting that I am sure she would be fine. She sleeps through most loud storms. I don’t think anyone should criticize someone just because they take their dog on airplanes with them. It’s a case by case situation based on the temperament of the dog, which the owners know well. 

People can be so quick to make negative assumptions about others!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

You would hurt an animal that had zero choice rather than the man forcing the situation on the dog and everyone else?  While I cannot imagine someone hurting an animal except to protect themselves (and while disgusting, pee and poop are rarely deadly), the point is that it’s not the animals fault. It may be Royal’s fault, it may be the owner’s fault,  but it most surely is not the dog’s fault for doing what what an animal does. 

I completely agree that this dog very likely does not fit the legal definition of a service dog and I refuse to sign any paperwork for my patient’s asking for it - but the humans here are 100% at fault and it would be cruel to take it out on the dog that has 0% fault.

And to quote @03063dad and @jennyb1977 - “just wow” 🤯

Did you really take my comment seriously or do you just like to stir the pot!  Geez  Please moralize somewhere else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A pet is a pet. How can Celebrity allow that?

She is the Captain and the cat doesn’t go into public areas. 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And no one here has a problem with this? 🤔

I don’t.  Nor do I have a problem with legitimate service dogs. I have an issue with ones that do their business everywhere. It’s not the dogs fault.  It’s the owners fault for not knowing the signs of needing washroom relief, or just not giving a damn. Their cabin is their house and the rest of the ship is the neighbourhood.  I bet at home they don’t clean up the poop either.  

9 hours ago, Lady CJ said:

In regards to a service animal, why do people think it’s okay to ask about someone’s personal medical condition.  I too would get tired of being questioned. I also would be evasive with my response or bluntly tell them it’s none of their business, depending on my mood. Yes, he does have a sign telling people to stop asking him where the dog goes to relieve itself, that Tommy is a service dog and please don’t touch him. He may have a legitimate need, but he also needs to ensure that Tommy is properly trained.

I don’t know why people ask him.  That being said, the sign seems to be overblown.   The owner should just put on the vest and leave it at that.  No need to answer questions, but he definitely needs to get his dog to the relief stations. 

Does make me wonder though... if he doesn’t care for the dog’s needs then he isn’t caring for the animal that is so important to his health.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Does make me wonder though... if he doesn’t care for the dog’s needs then he isn’t caring for the animal that is so important to his health.

Bingo! This is the most valid point on this thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi, we are booked on Harmony next month....my wife and I, daughters and husbands, and grandkids. I have a grandchild with OCD issues and anxiety. She does not have a service animal. However, seeing a dog urinate or deficicate in public would set her off. This would affect everyone on our cruise. I only read a couple of the 9 pages, so this may be repetitive, but I am not married tp Royal even though we are about to become diamond. Simply put, if I see any such thing on Royal we will never be back. We actually prefer NCL so no big deal. I am one of millions of C and A members so it’s probably no big deal, bet we will walk away.

i will inquire onboard if there are service animals onboard when we board to be prepared. Also, another child has asthma and pet dander is a trigger, so don’t get me started on that. Royal should get ahead of this...other lines as well...  have a good day all 😎😎😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It tells me the dog is NOT really a service dog, just a pet that he doesn't care for very well either -- if he doesn't tend to the dogs bodily needs properly.  

• Like 2

Did anyone ask if the girl scared the dog. 🤔

In the FWIW department

I cruise a lot, have seen several dogs on ship

Never seen one have an accident 

Never seen one in the MDR, much less being fed there

Never seen one sitting on lounge furniture

Never heard one barking in a stateroom

I will never bring mine on a ship or on a plane

I do not condone fake service animals, but will not rat one out on the ship, and if I find one to be approachable I will interact with it in a pleasant way. (I feel the same way about kids😉) just joking. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess my medication is working because I have 3 dogs and not one of them has warned me of elevated blood pressure. However inefficient they are in that category they make up for it by being house broken. None of them have ever pissed on my leg and told me that it was raining.

Bet none of them could guide the blind either doesn’t mean another dog can’t.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I do not condone fake service animals, but will not rat one out on the ship, and if I find one to be approachable I will interact with it in a pleasant way. (I feel the same way about kids😉) just joking. 

*whew*, thank god you are joking. No matter how approachable they may seem, it could quickly turn into a dangerous situation.

You may end up babysitting some strange kid while the parents go play. Don't take the risk. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A pet is a pet. How can Celebrity allow that?

The same reason Royal allows this I guess?  Afterall, a pet is a pet like you said  🙂  Im not a cat fan but they are MUCH cleaner than a parrot.  I know this because I had a African Grey.     I dont think Captain Kates cat is allowed to roam out in public.

p-cap-with-bird-2.jpg

Edited by ryano

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Bet none of them could guide the blind either doesn’t mean another dog can’t.

Well neither can the dog on the ship which was the point that I was trying to make. Just another entitled person working the broken system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryano said:

The same reason Royal allows this I guess?  Afterall, a pet is a pet like you said  🙂  Im not a cat fan but they are MUCH cleaner than a parrot.  I know this because I had a African Grey.   

p-cap-with-bird-2.jpg

Johnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyy.....

He is kept in quarters of course, except for a rare "guest appearance" before being returned to the captain's cabin.

Quite a difference from bumping into fluffy on the way to Windjammer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ryano said:

The same reason Royal allows this I guess?  Afterall, a pet is a pet like you said  🙂  Im not a cat fan but they are MUCH cleaner than a parrot.  I know this because I had a African Grey.     I dont think Captain Kates cat is allowed to roam out in public.

p-cap-with-bird-2.jpg

I called him out as well 😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Johnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyy.....

He is kept in quarters of course, except for a rare "guest appearance" before being returned to the captain's cabin.

Quite a difference from bumping into fluffy on the way to Windjammer.

I was talking specifically about Captain Kate's cat that John had a problem with 🙂 of which Im sure is kept in her quarters except for the rare "guest appearance".   As far as fluffy in the Windjammer, as a owner of a legit service dog, I agree with you 100%.  I cannot stand these entitled fools and they make us all look bad. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

I was talking specifically about Captain Kate's cat that John had a problem with 🙂 of which Im sure is kept in her quarters except for the rare "guest appearance".   As far as fluffy in the Windjammer, as a owner of a legit service dog, I agree with you 100%.  I cannot stand these entitled fools and they make us all look bad. 

Agree.  Yeah...if I saw that overgrown sausage they call a hairless cat...it would probably scare the crud out of me for a second, cause me to give a couple direct dirty looks...and tell the captain to have the walking weenie removed...oh wait.... 🤣

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Personally, I think it's more to do with fear of a lawsuit by the dog owners. Probably why they 'banned' ESA's.  Unfortunately RCL has no spine

RC must have some vertebra, or at least some cartilige.  He was banned from Grandeur after all.😉😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lady CJ said:

You are fortunate to be able to control you BP with medication.  But there are  cardiac alert service dogs that monitor rises and drops in BP for people with certain heart conditions. He may have a legitimate need for the dog.

If he has a legitimate reason then why has he been spotted in the hot tubs without the dog?  Hot tubs are known for raising blood pressure after all.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, akcruz said:

If he has a legitimate reason then why has he been spotted in the hot tubs without the dog?  Hot tubs are known for raising blood pressure after all.

Yeah...they have warning signs around all hot tubs regarding that (and other) medical conditions.

A phony service dog with a phony owner? Hmmmm....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

RC must have some vertebra, or at least some cartilige.  He was banned from Grandeur after all.😉😂

Possibly, but that may be an urban myth. I mean does it really pass muster that he is 'banned' fro one ship. 🤔 That just seems odd.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Not supporting him or the dog, but DWs heart doctor has told us that the their is no problem with the Hot Tub and blood pressure. 

On the dog note, I thought the policy was that the dog had to be with the person at all times, if not that would mean the dog is not required.