Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

10 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

That's the key thing - the mask and protective clothing - even if simply their normal protocol cause far more harm here than help! You can't help but see protective measures and think you may need them too.

Protective clothing does not cause any harm at all.  I have seen cleaners or cabin stewards in hazmat suits in the past.  It protects them and everyone else.  They clean the issue in the suit, which prevents them from getting anything on their uniform and spreading it around the whole ship during their regular daily duties.  I think that makes a lot of sense, especially when a cabin steward is cleaning a cabin where someone is sick.  Our cabin steward cleaned our cabin in a mask on Anthem in January after we had been quarantined with the flu.  I really wanted clean sheets and had spoken to the steward in the hallway (with my mask on after my fever was gone) and he agreed to clean our cabin if we sat on the balcony.  Flu is airborne, so he was protecting himself.  On a prior Anthem cruise where there was norovirus, we saw a cabin steward going into a cabin in a full hazmat suit, with his supervisor in the hallway monitoring.  Our hallway was also fogged by men in hazmat suits in the the middle of the night.  

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Protective clothing does not cause any harm at all.  I have seen cleaners or cabin stewards in hazmat suits in the past.  It protects them and everyone else.  They clean the issue in the suit, which prevents them from getting anything on their uniform and spreading it around the whole ship during their regular daily duties.  I think that makes a lot of sense, especially when a cabin steward is cleaning a cabin where someone is sick.  Our cabin steward cleaned our cabin in a mask on Anthem in January after we had been quarantined with the flu.  I really wanted clean sheets and had spoken to the steward in the hallway (with my mask on after my fever was gone) and he agreed to clean our cabin if we sat on the balcony.  Flu is airborne, so he was protecting himself.  On a prior Anthem cruise where there was norovirus, we saw a cabin steward going into a cabin in a full hazmat suit, with his supervisor in the hallway monitoring.  Our hallway was also fogged by men in hazmat suits in the the middle of the night.  

Right, I just meant the OP might have felt if they were doing it to protect themselves, why wasn't anything being done to protect OP's daughter.  I absolutely think with all the various things ships face the stewards and anyone else working should have access to protective measures to clean what they face!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

Right, I just meant the OP might have felt if they were doing it to protect themselves, why wasn't anything being done to protect OP's daughter.  I absolutely think with all the various things ships face the stewards and anyone else working should have access to protective measures to clean what they face!

Short of issuing hazmat suits for all passengers at boarding, the only other way to protect everyone would have been to deny boarding of the dog and its master.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Short of issuing hazmat suits for all passengers at boarding, the only other way to protect everyone would have been to deny boarding of the dog and its master.

Apparently he was banned from Grandeur so he should have been banned from all RC ships

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

And I think that's what everyone hopes will happen but it's not 100% that it ever will completely be resolved even after existing reservations booked with Emotional Support Animals run out - I could have it wrong but I thought I also read some top tier folks had a forever exemption and I expect, since this passenger talked about has been banned from one ship already, he may be one of them.

But short of issuing protective gear to all, if they had simply jumped in at the time with some higher powered cleaning things they may have helped resolve the immediate issue and concerns.  A Clorox wipe or something of the like would have helped - heck if someone had just handed them towels and one of the purell bottles - even if just to show they heard the OP's concerns and were responding - to feel like you've been heard can diffuse a lot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

And I think that's what everyone hopes will happen but it's not 100% that it ever will completely be resolved even after existing reservations booked with Emotional Support Animals run out - I could have it wrong but I thought I also read some top tier folks had a forever exemption and I expect, since this passenger talked about has been banned from one ship already, he may be one of them.

But short of issuing protective gear to all, if they had simply jumped in at the time with some higher powered cleaning things they may have helped resolve the immediate issue and concerns.  A Clorox wipe or something of the like would have helped - heck if someone had just handed them towels and one of the purell bottles - even if just to show they heard the OP's concerns and were responding - to feel like you've been heard can diffuse a lot.

I have also read the posts by a pinnacle, saying that some are forever exempt.  I have also read that this animal is banned from Grandeur.  Not sure what I believe and don't believe.  I do know, I have sailed Anthem four times and I remember seeing the dog on three of these sailings.  He could have been on the fourth, but I don't remember seeing him, was more concerned with the hurricane.  😄  We have taken a behind the scenes tour with this animal, he was in a canvas bag.  We have seen this man get very short and aggressive with other passengers.  Something needs to be done about this animal.  

We also saw another dog on Anthem, who was in a stroller, definitely not a service dog as I have seen many, many pictures on another site of this animal in costumes and all sorts of ridiculous outfits.  The dog we saw on the banquette in the SL on Oasis, didn't belong on furniture, and we never saw it again.  We saw the woman everyday in the SL though, so not sure about that one.

The cruise line needs to step up and deal with this issue.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have also read the posts by a pinnacle, saying that some are forever exempt.  I have also read that this animal is banned from Grandeur.  Not sure what I believe and don't believe.  I do know, I have sailed Anthem four times and I remember seeing the dog on three of these sailings.  He could have been on the fourth, but I don't remember seeing him, was more concerned with the hurricane.  😄  We have taken a behind the scenes tour with this animal, he was in a canvas bag.  We have seen this man get very short and aggressive with other passengers.  Something needs to be done about this animal.  

We also saw another dog on Anthem, who was in a stroller, definitely not a service dog as I have seen many, many pictures on another site of this animal in costumes and all sorts of ridiculous outfits.  The dog we saw on the banquette in the SL on Oasis, didn't belong on furniture, and we never saw it again.  We saw the woman everyday in the SL though, so not sure about that one.

I agree,this gentleman is not only selfish and rude but also aggressive with other passengers and the cruiseline needs to stop this now and ban the bully.

We have never been on Anthem and this thread does not endear me to that ship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

That's the key thing - the mask and protective clothing - even if simply their normal protocol cause far more harm here than help! You can't help but see protective measures and think you may need them too.

You have proof that the hazmat pictures are related to this dog peeing on the girl report.  I mean, we jump to a lot of conclusions in this forum.  I, wasn’t there, and I do not know the actual facts.

jc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Absolutely agree on all counts!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree,this gentleman is not only selfish and rude but also aggressive with other passengers and the cruiseline needs to stop this now and ban the bully.

Agreed, it makes me look more closely at Grandeur since I know we won't find him there!

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You have proof that the hazmat pictures are related to this dog peeing on the girl report.  I mean, we jump to a lot of conclusions in this forum.  I, wasn’t there, and I do not know the actual facts.

jc

That's why no matter what the cruise line asserts happened, it can't be helped that more assumptions will be made from seeing a photo of the event and they should have been more diplomatic and accommodating to OP and family!  

On 3/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, shipshape sam said:

Look at the Atlanta Braves World Series record for you answer.   Went to many post season series with only 1 world series title.

Or how about the Atlanta Falcons being up by 25 points in 3rd quarter and losing Super Bowl.

WE need a pity party thread for our cities teams.   🙂

Imagine being a Chicago Bears fan this past season......😑

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You should try the Anthem. We loved her when she first sailed out of Southampton. We are hoping we will still love her when she comes back to the UK

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

You should try the Anthem. We loved her when she first sailed out of Southampton. We are hoping we will still love her when she comes back to the UK

Pauline wants to go on the North Star on Quantum class.

We have sailed on  many ships from Southampton and will try Anthem if she comes here.

Fortunately we are more strict about ESA in the UK and this gentleman sounds like a US citizen who would find it almost impossible to come here with his pet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

And for a RC agent to state that, to the family, is bush league and unprofessional.

Why so much faith in the tale of the OP. 🤔 She has already admitted that there is a chance the girl stepped in it.  The original post is about half the experience and the rest shipboard gossip. We've definitely been bamboozled around here before. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

That's why no matter what the cruise line asserts happened, it can't be helped that more assumptions will be made from seeing a photo of the event and they should have been more diplomatic and accommodating to OP and family!  

Three sides to every story. 😉

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

I'm still after 17 pages trying to figure out why the op packed a play pool for a 4 yr old and why they unpacked it to bathe her. 

LOL, silly you, you don't pack one too?  I thought we all did? 🙂

Completely kidding, also can't understand why they didn't just put her full on in the shower or just have her stick her foot in the shower?  Now I am not one that gets too concerned about germs - I follow usual protocols but this wouldn't freak me out, but I've dealt with all canine fluids one way or another so it wouldn't sway me much but the reaction seemed extreme.