Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

6 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

Photo of clean up ... guest services insisted we go to medical to file a report. Medical refused. Not knowing when this animal was last on US soil and seen by a professional is disturbing 

So did you then have guest services and medical talk to each other to resolve this?

10 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Just imagine what that idiots cabin is like.

I was thinking that as well.  The dog is almost certainly peeing and pooping in the room.  How considerate for future pax who stay in that room.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

BecciBoo.....exactly!....I was thinking of Ray Guy and punt. 😃😁😹

Yea b/c kicking the dog will help.  What a ridiculous comment.  While I agree this whole scenario is absurd, do you really think it’s the dogs fault it’s owner took it on a ship where it doesn’t belong? And furthermore the owner obviously never trained the dog properly, again, not the dogs fault. Focus your anger where it belongs - on the owner.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, noyes66 said:

but the CDC may feel different 

What did CDC say when you contacted them? I'm a little surprised that this is even something they would have anything to do with.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a huge, now locked thread saying all of the above yet this dog is allowed to sail Anthem.  We have seen this pinnacle man and his pinnacle dog on all of our Anthem sailings.  Cruise line allows them to sail.

I didn't see the closed thread. But, hopefully, if enough people complain, the cruise lines will listen since there is no law saying they have to accept ESAs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holiday-shrek said:

Find the dog and pee back! 👍

LOL, I thought the same. 

1 hour ago, OceanBlue123 said:

OP, if you really have photos, and those photos are of the dog committing offenses, then posting them here and to other social media may be the only way to effect change.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

This absolutely needs to be controlled...I don't care what level of C&A he is...I don't pay $$$$'s to stay in a dog kennel.

100%.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

On the dog owner? 😈

Made me laugh. 

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Agreed.  The best is, the man was in the hot tub and was asked where the dog was.  He said the dog was bothered by noise and crowds.  So, we wondered, why would you bring him on a ship!

Hard to provide support when the dog is so far away. Makes me wonder if the owner was washing his own leg?🤔

56 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

Photo of clean up ... guest services insisted we go to medical to file a report. Medical refused. Not knowing when this animal was last on US soil and seen by a professional is disturbing 

Send pics to Mr Bayley’s office. If you don’t hear back after a period of time I’d be posting on Social Media. 

6 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I believe I read some time ago RCL was not going to allow ESA.  However, those that were currently booked would be allowed.   IIRC

That’s my understanding as well. 

8 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I believe I read some time ago RCL was not going to allow ESA.  However, those that were currently booked would be allowed.   IIRC

That's true but there are exceptions and this jerk on the Anthem is one of those exceptions.

• Like 1

This is shameful & disgusting! No one is a bigger dog lover than I am BUT if you don't want to leave your PET behind then cruising is not for you! Shame on RCCL for allowing this to continue! We travel with our dog (on land by car) to certain places that accept pets. My dog has NEVER relieved herself anywhere except grass (which we ALWAYS pick up) or on PeePads. If a dog is not trained that is 100% the owners fault! If an owner allows their dog to go to the bathroom on ANY floor on ship they should be kicked off the ship at the next port! IMHO

• Like 7

1 hour ago, noyes66 said:

30451DF9-980C-4B5A-95AA-416BCC61C987.jpeg

I don't understand the hazmat suit and respirator. I work/worked in a hospital and cleaned up way more than urine and required no more than gloves and a disposable gown

• Like 3

If someone needs that kind of support...stay home....or at least keep the dog in the cabin and return to your cabin when you feel the need for "support". This situation is absolutely unfair to this dog and unfair to the person who books this cabin afterward...Find another type of vacation would be the best outcome for all involved.

I'm also disgusted at the thought that it's allowed to bring a dog into an area that serves food....as I'm assuming this owner is doing.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I don't understand the hazmat suit and respirator. I work/worked in a hospital and cleaned up way more than urine and required no more than gloves and a disposable gown

What a circus allowing dogs onboard is becoming.....years ago they certainly didn't...nothing should have changed to ever let this begin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I would've kicked the little pischer out the elevator door if I had seen that.  No excuse!

Kicked the man out yes, the dog no. It's not the dogs fault but the owner, if the owner isn't taking the dog to the relevant places often enough to relieve itself or teaching the dog were to pee you can't blame the dog.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe it's a requirement for all bodily fluids.

Royal Caribbean changed their policy and as of August 2018 Emotional Support Animals are no longer allowed. However, cruises that were booked prior to July 2018 are exempt. Will this policy go the same way that the no smoking, no chair hogging, no kids in the adult pools and hot tubs, no diapers in the pool policies have gone? If rules and policies are ignored and not enforced they are useless.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

This is shameful & disgusting! No one is a bigger dog lover than I am BUT if you don't want to leave your PET behind then cruising is not for you! Shame on RCCL for allowing this to continue! We travel with our dog (on land by car) to certain places that accept pets. My dog has NEVER relieved herself anywhere except grass (which we ALWAYS pick up) or on PeePads. If a dog is not trained that is 100% the owners fault! If an owner allows their dog to go to the bathroom on ANY floor on ship they should be kicked off the ship at the next port! IMHO

I agree!

This guy with his dog was on our Anthem cruise 3 weeks ago. Carted the animal around in his little cart getting oohed over by some passengers. Saw him in the dining room with the dog and asked our head waiter why they allowed dogs. His comment was that the dog can sense when the guy’s blood pressure goes up and warns him and that he is a frequent customer. At that point my BP was up. Wonder what he does if the dog warns him!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mandtpa said:

This guy with his dog was on our Anthem cruise 3 weeks ago. Carted the animal around in his little cart getting oohed over by some passengers. Saw him in the dining room with the dog and asked our head waiter why they allowed dogs. His comment was that the dog can sense when the guy’s blood pressure goes up and warns him and that he is a frequent customer. At that point my BP was up. Wonder what he does if the dog warns him!

I take Perindopril in the morning before food for HBP as do millions of people in the UK and the US and don't need an emotional support animal as medication keeps your BP stable.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

This pair was on our Anthem B2B in Feb.  it was ridiculous the way he pulled the dog around in a cart.  I was surprised as I thought Royal had ruled against emotional support animals.  I saw no “incidents” during our 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, mandtpa said:

This is what it all comes down to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1