Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like they are on squirrel duty.  Bella is extremely cute, but this is more my style of dog.  Had to put our 15 yo Golden to sleep in January and still trying to decide what to do next.

Yep, squirrels, deer, foxes, we get a lot of animals on the other side of the fence 🙂

So sorry on the loss of your Golden - 15 years though - awesome! 

Yeah I always rescue, so it can be luck of the draw on sizing but I always try to go big and we were fairly certain the puppy would size up to the pack and he's tracking to be the biggest of them.  And they think they're lap dogs of course 🙂

Edited by ShillyShally

I haven't read every post, but my husband had a question.  Does the emotional support helper have to be an animal?  Why couldn't you claim a human to be needed for your support or particular ailment?

My DH swears he isn't trying to bring his cute 21 year old physical therapist along on our next cruise, but he says she is the only one who can keep his old legs moving, and without her, he is a real grump at times.  Just wondering, dogs, ducks, pigs, why not a human?  And at no extra cost of course.

Edited by Hoosiermama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Hoosiermama said:

I haven't read every post, but my husband had a question.  Does the emotional support helper have to be an animal?  Why couldn't you claim a human to be needed for your support or particular ailment?

My DH swears he isn't trying to bring his cute 21 year old physical therapist along on our next cruise, but he says she is the only one who can keep his old legs moving, and without her, he is a real grump at times.  Just wondering, dogs, ducks, pigs, why not a human?

Sounds legit to me!

Edit: Does she know how to properly use the bathroom?

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Haha 1

I thought the same thing - there are a number of medical conditions and medications/treatments that could result in the scenario (as well as a number of psychological issues that might, including very high anxiety). I cannot imagine how mortified that she felt no matter her age. I can also understand it being difficult for those who were around her at the time (I have a very low tolerance for certain strong smells and like @twangster‘s daughter I would have likely been dry heaving until I got to some fresh air). Here’s to hoping that none of us ever have it or see it! 😬

10 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Not long now... and we will have our roads back! Sun City Center is a nightmare during snowbird season. 

Yep the Boca Birds will be flooding the Long Island Expressway anytime now.  Bumper to bumper silver Camrys with an orange on the license plate. Between them the the Manhattanites heading for the Hamptons on a Friday you practically have to turn your engine off.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phabric said:

There were 3 dogs on my Princess Cruise in March.  They were on leases with no vests.

Oh no!

Princess too ? 

IMHO all cruise lines have to stop this nonsense !

Cunard ships  have kennels for dogs. The dogs’ owners’ can visit the dogs . There are areas there for the dogs to relieve themselves. 

Of course, there is a fee for taking Fluffy or Fido on those  ships.

14 minutes ago, Hoosiermama said:

My DH swears he isn't trying to bring his cute 21 year old physical therapist along on our next cruise, but he says she is the only one who can keep his old legs moving, and without her, he is a real grump at times.  Just wondering, dogs, ducks, pigs, why not a human?  And at no extra cost of course.

This works better for me as I am not allergic to humans, unless they are grumpy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phabric said:

There were 3 dogs on my Princess Cruise in March.  They were on leases with no vests.

See, I was hoping she would get a free cruise or however the other emotional support helpers are handled.  Do you know how it works?  Perhaps he should call Royal and make sure, because that would be so embarrassing if we did it wrong!

Edited by Hoosiermama
Sorry to wrong person!

27 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Oh no!

Princess too ? 

IMHO all cruise lines have to stop this nonsense !

Cunard ships  have kennels for dogs. The dogs’ owners’ can visit the dogs . There are areas there for the dogs to relieve themselves. 

Of course, there is a fee for taking Fluffy or Fido on those  ships.

And I bet it isn't $25 a day.

1 hour ago, Hoosiermama said:

Interesting question.  I'm guessing an answer would be that a service human (is that would they would be called?) would eat food provided by the ship, and most importantly, they would take up a space on a lifeboat which could have been sold to a non-service human (i.e., a customer).

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Last July on the Summit a rather large dog in a rather large stroller  managed to bark at people during the week.  The best was in the dining room when the stroller blocked the aisle and the dog was barking.  The owner claimed the people bothered the dog!

Totally agree...that misuse is getting out of control.  

True medical therapy dogs don't bark uncontrolled.  My cousin trains them, she had several that failed the program when they barked.  (She adopted them 😉 ).  

Disgusting so many are doing the "emotional therapy" dog thing.  They are misusing the program that people need for a true medical issue.  Those real therapy dogs go through months of training.  The "emotional therapy" misuse is making a joke of that real program.  

Can't live without fido or fifi, so you pass them off as emotional support animals??...then stay home with them!!  🐩   Shame on you.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Interesting question.  I'm guessing an answer would be that a service human (is that would they would be called?) would eat food provided by the ship, and most importantly, they would take up a space on a lifeboat which could have been sold to a non-service human (i.e., a customer).

I know!  We are getting into a murky subject, but I'm sure a discrimination charge could be made if a support person wouldn't be treated the same as a support animal.  That's the problem when true service dogs are being treated the same as an emotional support dog, cat or duck.  I mean, where do they draw the line?  We can't argue common sense, because there isn't any. It seems a baby carriage and pee pads would take up a bunch of room, and who knows what these dogs are eating.  I love dogs, all animals, but the cruise lines are really dropping the ball with this.

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Are service dogs allowed on the life boats?

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Taking this thread even further off-track...how do service animals affect lifeboat space?  Do they take up a lifeboat spot and therefore reduce the number of humans allowed on that cruise?  Are they considered a "soul"?

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Taking this thread even further off-track...how do service animals affect lifeboat space?  Do they take up a lifeboat spot and therefore reduce the number of humans allowed on that cruise?  Are they considered a "soul"?

It's not really off track because it's something to consider.  Also, the baby carriage/dog is taking up space in the dining room, so that's one less paying customer.  I think the actual service dogs are welcome, but these little emotional support animals and their strollers and wardrobes....NO.