Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

1 hour ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I’m on the Anthem now and I did not see the man and his dog in the diamond lounge when the consecutive cruisers were being processed. And I haven’t seen him around the ship so far this cruise.  Not sure if it means he’s not on the ship or that he’s too special to have to go through the process. 

Are you saying you were one of the consecutive cruisers as well so you would have been in the same group with the man and his pet being processed.   However that is not a guarantee because when we did a B2B one couple did not meet with the rest of the consecutive cruisers for processing because they were wheelchair users and it took them longer to move around so they ended up going alone, so as not to have it take more time for the rest of the group.

However, if he is not on Anthem anymore (or perhaps was barred from Anthem as he is from Grandeur -- see earlier post) then one of the  other ships may have become his new location.

Ok, back on topic. 

So, does anyone really think the amount of fake service dogs will decrease once all the grandfathered ESA's go through the system?

Pretty sure folks will still pass off pets as service animals, and probably get away with it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, back on topic. 

So, does anyone really think the amount of fake service dogs will decrease once all the grandfathered ESA's go through the system?

Pretty sure folks will still pass off pets as service animals, and probably get away with it

If it’s deemed that anyone passes off a pet as a service animal, the passenger should be banned for life. 

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Absolutely not.  This guy does not leave his "neighborhood", thus Grandeur & Anthem.

Ok, so there is another one?  I mean this thing was in a baby stroller and it didn’t look like any therapy dog I have ever seen.

jc

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doesn't a Celebrity captain travel with a cat?

Just got off the Silhouette on Sunday and Rich the Cruise Director did make comment of a captain sailing with a cat.  Not sure if it was our cruise but I did hear him say this.

I hate to say I started laughing when OP mention cleaning up the pee in HazMat suit and not doing the same for restrooms.

I for sure would will not book or  sail Anthem anytime soon.  Not sure what Royal can do to both accommodate the man and also serve all the other passengers.  If enough people quit booking Anthem, that might signal a 'wake up' call for Royal.  

My only experience with a dog on ship was many years ago and there was a spot at the bow with a box for the dog to do his/her business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

I hate to say I started laughing when OP mention cleaning up the pee in HazMat suit and not doing the same for restrooms.

I for sure would will not book or  sail Anthem anytime soon.  Not sure what Royal can do to both accommodate the man and also serve all the other passengers.  If enough people quit booking Anthem, that might signal a 'wake up' call for Royal.  

My only experience with a dog on ship was many years ago and there was a spot at the bow with a box for the dog to do his/her business.

I kind of doubt many people would avoid booking a particular ship because of this.  It actually would make me more inclined to book it because I love dogs and I would enjoy seeing a dog on a cruise ship.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will be on the Anthem on March 30 and hope we do not see this man and his yapper.  My son is a little unsteady, what do you think the dog would do as it flies across the boat from his natural reflex to kicking the dog (assuming it was peeing on him or his daughter).  We love dogs but have a hard time with dog owners who act like entitled idiots.

11 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We will be on the Anthem on March 30 and hope we do not see this man and his yapper.  My son is a little unsteady, what do you think the dog would do as it flies across the boat from his natural reflex to kicking the dog (assuming it was peeing on him or his daughter).  We love dogs but have a hard time with dog owners who act like entitled idiots.

I am hesitant to write this....

What do you mean by "unsteady"? Please, please tell me this (kicking a dog) is not something that has happened before. As others have mentioned, this is not the fault of the dog. Kicking it is unacceptable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We have never just kicked a dog but what would you do?   I agree that it is not the dog's fault but until something happens to the dog the owner could care less.   Maybe the owner needs to get a dog diaper like horses use that walk the streets in New York.  Maybe someone needs to pee on the owner.  I have instructed my granddaughter that if the dog is on our cruise and decides to pee on her she should kick it away.  Why would anyone just stand there and not do anything as a dog pees on them.  Maybe if something happened the owner would be a little more responsible.

• Like 1

@lovescats5 Nope would kick a dog only if it was about to bite/in the act of biting. If this had happened to me I would have:

1) NOT let the owner get on the elevator and pretend I didn't exist. I wouldn't have been loud or vulgar but the situation would have been addressed

2) Addressed with EVERYONE in the chain of command. Demanded to speak to the Captain. I would have parked myself at Guest Services until then.

IF, this dog has relieved itself outside of the appropriate box, it needs to be removed immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS. Service dogs may be removed from any place if this occurs. ESA don't have the same regulations. 

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@lovescats5 Nope would kick a dog only if it was about to bite/in the act of biting. If this had happened to me I would have:

1) NOT let the owner get on the elevator and pretend I didn't exist. I wouldn't have been loud or vulgar but the situation would have been addressed

2) Addressed with EVERYONE in the chain of command. Demanded to speak to the Captain. I would have parked myself at Guest Services until then.

IF, this dog has relieved itself outside of the appropriate box, it needs to be removed immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS. Service dogs may be removed from any place if this occurs. ESA don't have the same regulations. 

Agree on all counts, do not condone kicking any animal.  It is NOT the dog's fault and as humans you can get out of the way and deal with the situation without causing harm to anyone involved.  Not always the easiest approach when tempers flare, I know it isn't my natural response, but unless we are truly protecting our self from harm you can not ever justify hurting another human or animal.  Heck, you can't even harass them verbally.  

You can do as JennyB suggests and address the situation with the owner and everyone in command at Royal.  Document your experience.  If not handled to your satisfaction you can then let that influence how you next choose to travel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@lovescats5 Nope would kick a dog only if it was about to bite/in the act of biting. If this had happened to me, I would have:

This individual needs to be fined a cleaning fee for every mess his dog makes.

Most of us carry cameras that take photos or videos which could be used as evidence and if it hits him in the pocket he might then see the error of his ways but really his actions deserve a ship ban.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

This individual needs to be fined a cleaning fee for every mess his dog makes.

Most of us carry cameras that take photos or videos which could be used as evidence and if it hits him in the pocket he might then see the error of his ways but really his actions deserve a ship ban.

Agreed - I can't imagine any loyal passenger spends enough on Royal to justify not banning him, especially given the impact this duo is having!  If they've already been banned from one ship how do they justify allowing him on this one, how special is this passenger?  

• Like 3

Not ok to kick a dog unless  it is attacking.  I'm teaching my grandkids to light cats on fire though (that's a joke)

We do travel with our dog very often.  Would never take her on a cruise or leave her in a hotel room unattended.  I think she would panic.  But she flies well with no issues.  We pay the fee and put her under the seat.  We don't take her anywhere that she is not allowed and do not pass her off as any kind of working dog.  She is our pet.  To me it is hard to believe that any housebroken dog would do their business inside.  Our won't use the relief rooms at airports.  

With that said, we were sitting on the beach and there were a number of dogs playing.  My wife starts screaming and I jump up to see what the matter is.  Seems one of the dogs lifted his leg on her chair and got my wife's leg as well.  When I stopped laughing, I rinsed the chair in the ocean and she did the same with her leg.  No big deal and no reason to unpack the blowup pool.

• Like 3

We have had dogs and cats as pets...so note:

We've still always wondered how airlines and cruise ships can justify animals in such proximity to passengers, considering there are plenty of people who have allergies to animal dander.

There are also plenty of studies by veterinarian organizations that indicate such travel causes animals significant stress.

Hopefully animal-toters never run into an allergic attorney with lots of time on his hands.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

There are also plenty of studies by veterinarian organizations that indicate such travel causes animals significant stress.

Stress issues with flying  are for pets in cargo.  We have a small dog so she fits under the seat.  She gets right into her carrier and sleeps the whole time.  

44 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We have never just kicked a dog but what would you do?   I agree that it is not the dog's fault but until something happens to the dog the owner could care less.   Maybe the owner needs to get a dog diaper like horses use that walk the streets in New York.  Maybe someone needs to pee on the owner.  I have instructed my granddaughter that if the dog is on our cruise and decides to pee on her she should kick it away.  Why would anyone just stand there and not do anything as a dog pees on them.  Maybe if something happened the owner would be a little more responsible.

You've had this conversation!!?? You've taken the time to tell your granddaughter that on a specific cruise ship there is a small dog and if you happen to be standing there and the dog comes over and chooses at that moment to urinate she is to kick it. Just wow.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Stress issues with flying  are for pets in cargo.  We have a small dog so she fits under the seat.  She gets right into her carrier and sleeps the whole time.  

Apparently you have been able to avoid loud passengers, kids kicking seats and other things under the seats, and other stress-inducing events while experiencing travel - IN THE CABIN AREA.

It bugs people...just think about poor fido or fluffy.

Some folks might say it borders on animal cruelty.

But nonetheless...the issue of people with allergies in those same locations hasn't been addressed. It's not the critter's fault or problem to solve.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 2