Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

7 hours ago, Rassa said:

Lovvvvvvve Bella - so cute.   I think I have also seen Maxy - I think big and cute.   Would love to see a picture of Bug Naked.

Be prepared for nightmares 

Screenshot_20190326-101104_Instagram.jpg

FB_IMG_1553574821282.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101025_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101200_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101131_Instagram.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I kind of doubt many people would avoid booking a particular ship because of this.  It actually would make me more inclined to book it because I love dogs and I would enjoy seeing a dog on a cruise ship.

Hope then for you, you get to see a dog on your next cruise.

For me, I have not problem with a dog, but would prefer them to be contained and do their business not in a public area AND for sure have a more positive response/ownership from an owner, but that is just me.

• Like 1

We were on the Anthem Feb 3rd thru 15th.  The man takes the elevator by the 270 to go to his room.  He and that dog were all over the ship.  I mean EVERYWHERE.   I love dogs but this was a Chihuahua mix.  I guarantee he isn't a service dog. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1luckylady said:

We were on the Anthem Feb 3rd thru 15th.  The man takes the elevator by the 270 to go to his room.  He and that dog were all over the ship.  I mean EVERYWHERE.   I love dogs but this was a Chihuahua mix.  I guarantee he isn't a service dog. 

Did you see it poop or pee all over the ship?

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, we are booked on Harmony next month....my wife and I, daughters and husbands, and grandkids. I have a grandchild with OCD issues and anxiety. She does not have a service animal. However, seeing a dog urinate or deficicate in public would set her off. This would affect everyone on our cruise. I only read a couple of the 9 pages, so this may be repetitive, but I am not married tp Royal even though we are about to become diamond. Simply put, if I see any such thing on Royal we will never be back. We actually prefer NCL so no big deal. I am one of millions of C and A members so it’s probably no big deal, bet we will walk away.

i will inquire onboard if there are service animals onboard when we board to be prepared. Also, another child has asthma and pet dander is a trigger, so don’t get me started on that. Royal should get ahead of this...other lines as well...  have a good day all 😎😎😎

No need to ask guest services as the person you ask might not know.  If you take a walk around deck 5 on Harmony, if  there is a small  area, maybe 3 ft. X 3 ft. square , usually near the aft,  that has grass, bark,  etc, that serves as a relief area for a service dogs.  If there is no such  area, it is safe  to assume there is no service dog on  your sailing.

We used to see dogs on almost every sailing,  but have not  seen one for months.  All those that  we've  seen have been in a stroller, or in the owner's lap and have not exhibited  any negative behavior.  

I would not spend any time and energy  worrying  about  this issue on the ship. 

M

On 3/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, DaniDanielle said:

This guy and his dog have been on quite a few Anthem cruises. Apparently he is Pinnacle and Royal has no control.

BS< Royal ALWAYS has control.

They are just unwilling to do anything.

To the OP, email the pres of RCCL, Michael Bayley and complain.

• Like 4

We're now officially booked on MSC Armonia.  It's been 5 years, looks like RCCL still needs more time to get their onboard experience worked out, which I previously though was just the MDR.  Thanks to the OP for the updating the customer service situation.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Possibly, but that may be an urban myth. I mean does it really pass muster that he is 'banned' fro one ship. 🤔 That just seems odd.  

Yes, odd is right.  It is also odd that the individual doesn't give a damn to clean up either.  I know any caring pet owner would.  I bet Bella doesn't get 1 step away from her "gift" before you have it cleaned up.

Who knows, it might be the "P" compromise they made with Royal.  Banned from one, but free to sail on another.  

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Be prepared for nightmares 

Screenshot_20190326-101104_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101025_Instagram.jpg

The second pic is better than the first.  I think it is because I'm not looking the cat in the eye.  The neck veins are creepy for sure.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:
49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Possibly, but that may be an urban myth. I mean does it really pass muster that he is 'banned' fro one ship. 🤔 That just seems odd.  

Yes, odd is right. 

Who knows, it might be the "P" compromise they made with Royal.  Banned from one, but free to sail on another.  

It seemed odd to me as well. Only banned from one ship? Did Royal think he wouldn't take his "bad behavior" to another ship?

If this limited bad (lite ban??) is real, then perhaps it's a testament to the loyal, repeat Grandeur passengers for pushing Royal to enact it.  Maybe Anthem pax can do the same some day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I do not condone fake service animals, but will not rat one out on the ship, and if I find one to be approachable I will interact with it in a pleasant way. (I feel the same way about kids😉) just joking. 

Either you have double standards, or no problem with people breaking rules.   We should not just in force the rules that we like. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The second pic is better than the first.  I think it is because I'm not looking the cat in the eye.  The neck veins are creepy for sure.

I agree, 2nd pic is much better, for not seeing the neck veins and perhaps other reasons as well. 😈

Is that Capt. Kate?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, DaniDanielle said:

I didn't see pee or poop but I didn't look.   The pup was in the windjammer many times.   He walked him around at the shops etc.   We spent every minute outside but I'm sure others noticed.

On another note- does anyone have a ice pick I can borrow?  That cat is what night mares are made of!

On 3/23/2019 at 9:46 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

To OP and anyone who has experience with this sociopath- TWITTER @RoyalCaribbean . That is their Twitter handle . Post comments, pictures- I have used Twitter twice when I had an issue with a company ignoring me. Amazing how fast the problem was solved. One was with British Airways and on with Enterprise Car Rental.

I posted pictures and BAM! Issues resolved. 

Totally agree!  Had an incredible run in on American Airlines......my son posted pics and comments on social media.....he was responded to in under 10 minutes from AA!!  He gave all pertinent info then we were called from President's office....they wanted the negative social media proof to stop.....very powerful.   Not sure issue was truly resolved (involved an very 'out of line' power abusing male flight attendant) but we were assured verbally that offending employee would be 'handled' immediately (if he still has a job, which we don't know, then to us it was NOT resolved...LOL)!  But an immediate response we did get.....OP absolutely post your pics and story!  You will be seen and heard by RCI for sure!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm not a fan of my Captain in stiletto heels. 😉

I guess this is a dress outfit, though. So probably ok

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

Either you have double standards, or no problem with people breaking rules.   We should not just in force the rules that we like. 

It is not my job to enforce the rules.

Not my circus, not my monkey.

Plus, how do I know if Fluffy's/Tommy's owner is breaking the rules.  I'm not a medical authority like so many here are. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, noyes66 said:

I Have photots

If you have photos I encourage you to POST POST POST with the hopes it goes viral. This day in age, going viral seems to be the most impactful way to create awareness. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

If you have photos I encourage you to POST POST POST with the hopes it goes viral. This day in age, going viral seems to be the most impactful way to create awareness. 

Posting pictures is complicated. 😇

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That was the tone a while ago.

Personally, I think it's more to do with fear of a lawsuit by the dog owners. Probably why they 'banned' ESA's.  Unfortunately RCL has no spine. But they are 'trying'

I was on an unscheduled vacation from CC for a week. Not sure what you mean by “That was the tune a while ago”?  Care to elaborate?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 2