Please have patience with my silly question...

bjfitz0703

24 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They still have the paper a Fun Times,  but it can also be found on the Carnival Hub app. 

I noticed last year that the HUB app didn't list everything that the printed Fun Times listed in the daily schedule, so one feature of the printed version I liked was that the little flap the daily schedule was on was easily detachable and fits comfortably in your pocket.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many people don't have smart phones, so they could never totally get rid of the printed Fun Times. Those who prefer to conserve paper can request that their steward not leave it, but otherwise it will be in your room everyday and there are extra copies available at the desk.

4 hours ago, schazzy said:

I noticed last year that the HUB app didn't list everything that the printed Fun Times listed in the daily schedule, so one feature of the printed version I liked was that the little flap the daily schedule was on was easily detachable and fits comfortably in your pocket.    

Noticed even people with smart phones liked the Fun Times printed version so they didn't ALWAYS have to carry the smart phone with them.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Many people don't have smart phones, so they could never totally get rid of the printed Fun Times. Those who prefer to conserve paper can request that their steward not leave it, but otherwise it will be in your room everyday and there are extra copies available at the desk.

I don’t believe the sample size of those who cruise Carnival without owning a smartphone is large enough to even warrant consideration of it being an obstacle in their operations. Carnival generally is not recognized as a retirement community at sea a la Holland America Line.

Carnival can eliminate whatever they want and there is no requirement for a printed Fun Times. Many places are providing mobile devices to guests as a courtesy during their travels. As an example, there are several hotels that are providing iPod touches and iPads for use during stays that will allow them to control the in room temperature or read courtesy novels. Another cruise line, Royal Caribbean, experimented with providing iPads in staterooms on the Legend of the Seas. There have even been several airlines that have issued iPads and Galaxy Tablets to passengers to keep them entertained with in-flight movies, etc.

Technology allows these travel operators to gather information and discover trends amongst the passengers. This allows them to provide a more personalized experience and eventually will help ensure total guest service satisfaction. It may not be within the next 5 years but technology is catching up and accelerating within the cruise industry and the Fun Times being printed is not critical to the operation long term.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

I could see them having printed ones available maybe at guest services but not leave one in each cabin.  This way they can still conserve paper but have it available for anyone that wants it or does not have a smartphone. 

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For those interested JH has another poll out today about whether or not you use the paper fun times. It stands at 83% paper.

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For those interested JH has another poll out today about whether or not you use the paper fun times. It stands at 83% paper.

Of course Heald started a topic/poll today. That was expected.

If you feel compelled to conserve, you can tell your room steward not to leave a Fun Times or paper ads in your room.  I have a smartphone and I like the paper Fun Times too and will continue to use both until CCL stops printing them.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, DukeASUGirl said:

I don't have a smart phone. I need the printed version.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, OCruisers said:

Noticed even people with smart phones liked the Fun Times printed version so they didn't ALWAYS have to carry the smart phone with them.  :classic_wink:

As a woman, that would include me. Women's clothes don't safely fit my phone and I'm not one of those "have my $800 phone sticking half way out of my butt pocket" people. If I carry it at all, my husband keeps it in his zippered shorts pocket. We only have one internet plan between the two of us so we either just carry the one phone or nothing.