What kind of tea with the coffee package?

SETexaslady

I don't drink soda, but will still get the soda package anyway for the mocktails/juices and IF I decide I want a soda at some point.  I'm debating the coffee package because I want the tea along with the fresh brewed coffee and of course, the 15 special coffees.  I can share the 15 with my husband, so those will not go to waste on a 7 night cruise.  I'm a little confused about the tea. Is regular tea not included in our fare anyway?  What kind of (unlimited) tea comes with the coffee package? Is it tea that I can just serve myself or do I have to order it? This lady needs her sweet iced tea! 🤪     Thanks!

It's Mighty Leaf brand teas served at the International Café. They serve it hot. You can have iced tea free in the dining rooms and buffet. It's not sweetened. I usually brew my own tea at the buffet and pour it over a glass of ice since I have to have decaf. They have several selections in the buffet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SETexaslady said:

I don't drink soda, but will still get the soda package anyway for the mocktails/juices and IF I decide I want a soda at some point.  I'm debating the coffee package because I want the tea along with the fresh brewed coffee and of course, the 15 special coffees.  I can share the 15 with my husband, so those will not go to waste on a 7 night cruise.  I'm a little confused about the tea. Is regular tea not included in our fare anyway?  What kind of (unlimited) tea comes with the coffee package? Is it tea that I can just serve myself or do I have to order it? This lady needs her sweet iced tea! 🤪     Thanks!

Iced and hot tea is included in your fare. 

Regular iced tea - think Liptons or sinikar. And hot tea with selection of types, English breakfast, chamomile, mint, etc - Twinings often is the brand.  24/7 from buffet and room service, and any time during meal service. Iced tea also available on pool deck.

The teas at the IC is Mighty Leaf brand, and a wider selection - some fruity ones, etc  It has to be ordered at IC to enjoy, not self serve. 

Regular and decaf coffee are included in your fare also. On most ships it's a concentrate syrup, while Royal class ships all have fresh brewed from grounds as their included coffees. 

• Like 1

I see you are on the Island Princess. The Island does not have an International Cafe, but does have a coffee bar.

About 8 different selections of Mighty Leaf tea at the coffee bar. I think the price is $1.50 to $1.75 for tea and around $1.75 for brewed coffee. You have to drink lots of tea and coffee to break even. Espresso drinks are around $3.50 to $4.00. The highest priced one I saw a few weeks ago was $5.

In the buffet the available teas are Lipton and Bigalow brands. There is no charge for these. The free coffee is from a concentrate. Not the best, but it may suite your needs. The buffet cups are small, so if you want large cups or carry around cups you would have to bring your own.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I see you are on the Island Princess. The Island does not have an International Cafe, but does have a coffee bar.

About 8 different selections of Mighty Leaf tea at the coffee bar. I think the price is $1.50 to $1.75 for tea and around $1.75 for brewed coffee. You have to drink lots of tea and coffee to break even. Espresso drinks are around $3.50 to $4.00. The highest priced one I saw a few weeks ago was $5.

In the buffet the available teas are Lipton and Bigalow brands. There is no charge for these. The free coffee is from a concentrate. Not the best, but it may suite your needs. The buffet cups are small, so if you want large cups or carry around cups you would have to bring your own.

Thanks for the explanation.  I know we'll get our money's worth with just the specialty coffees alone. This will give us one specialty coffee each, per day.  Plus, unlimited tea for me. I'm sure I'll find something I like with the tea selections.. as long as i can add a bit of sugar & ice.. i'm good.  Thanks for the heads up on the large cups. I'll be sure to bring those. I assume Yeti, 16 oz style with lids would be okay?  I wonder if it's small glasses of tea at the bar with the package? Hmmm..  guess I'll bring my big cup and see if they'll fill me up. 🙂   I've read about the concentrate for the coffee. If we try it and don't like it then my husband can buy the fresh brewed coffee (since mine will be included in the package).  We LOVE coffee. (and tea!)  😉

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Iced and hot tea is included in your fare. 

Regular iced tea - think Liptons or sinikar. And hot tea with selection of types, English breakfast, chamomile, mint, etc - Twinings often is the brand.  24/7 from buffet and room service, and any time during meal service. Iced tea also available on pool deck.

The teas at the IC is Mighty Leaf brand, and a wider selection - some fruity ones, etc  It has to be ordered at IC to enjoy, not self serve. 

Regular and decaf coffee are included in your fare also. On most ships it's a concentrate syrup, while Royal class ships all have fresh brewed from grounds as their included coffees. 

We're on the "concentrate syrup" cruise. lol! But that's okay... we're just excited to be going! We'll buy the fresh brewed if need be.  Thanks for the explanation on the tea types. 🙂

27 minutes ago, SETexaslady said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I know we'll get our money's worth with just the specialty coffees alone. This will give us one specialty coffee each, per day.  Plus, unlimited tea for me. I'm sure I'll find something I like with the tea selections.. as long as i can add a bit of sugar & ice.. i'm good.  Thanks for the heads up on the large cups. I'll be sure to bring those. I assume Yeti, 16 oz style with lids would be okay?  I wonder if it's small glasses of tea at the bar with the package? Hmmm..  guess I'll bring my big cup and see if they'll fill me up. 🙂   I've read about the concentrate for the coffee. If we try it and don't like it then my husband can buy the fresh brewed coffee (since mine will be included in the package).  We LOVE coffee. (and tea!)  😉

Answers

Lots of sugar and sugar and ice in both the buffet and coffee bar.

The coffee bar has large take away cups with lids, around 20 ounce.

Yeti is fine, but you don't need it for the coffee bar, just the buffet if you want to get coffee and tea there and carry it around. The mugs in the buffet are around 8 ounces, no lids.

When one person purchases the coffee package, the 15 espresso drinks are loaded on their account. The espresso drinks can be shared, but you would have to be there. The brewed coffee and teas are for the card holder.

• Like 1