New Carnival Beverage Package?

jbethel11

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Royal does that, why can’t Carnival?

Actually , that alone is enough reason.  The real reason is they do not have to, it serves little purpose from their perspective, albeit not want you want to hear.  

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Royal does that, why can’t Carnival?

Not arguing that they can't, I'm just pointing out that it would still cost $200+ for a 7 day cruise and depending how many you would actually drink if it would be a value to you to have such a package over just paying as you go.

I'm not saying such a package is a bad idea, we enjoy Cheers and find value in it, and as long as you can drink enough beverages for it to be of value, I'd see no problem in it.

• Like 2

Just now, schazzy said:

Not arguing that they can't, I'm just pointing out that it would still cost $200+ for a 7 day cruise and depending how many you would actually drink if it would be a value to you to have such a package over just paying as you go.

I'm not saying such a package is a bad idea, we enjoy Cheers and find value in it, and as long as you can drink enough beverages for it to be of value, I'd see no problem in it.

Well said, Schazzy. 

Ultimately, it is up to Carnival to implement the drink packages that they see fit for their business. And ultimately it is up to each of us to determine on which line we sail. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, emoorehead said:

Well said, Schazzy. 

Ultimately, it is up to Carnival to implement the drink packages that they see fit for their business. And ultimately it is up to each of us to determine on which line we sail. 

True enough, if a smoothie package is a reason to switch lines (either way), I think it pretty much sums it all up.

1 hour ago, alleghator said:

My teens don't drink soda, but they love milkshakes, lemonade, smoothies. They'd use a package like this.

I agree 100%. We can literally bring 12 pack of soda, why would we need bottomless bubbles? I love smoothies, just like a lot of teens like Starbucks!

1 hour ago, alleghator said:

My teens don't drink soda, but they love milkshakes, lemonade, smoothies. They'd use a package like this.

My kids make shakes from the ice cream and some milk. Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry are options. My daughter will get some coffee and let it cool and mix it with choc or vanilla ice cream. It's something anyway. They have also asked for OJ with grenadine which is covered under BB and one of the bar tenders who LOVED our youngest started throwing it in the blender (with ice )for them. Not sure if they are supposed to but it was a fun option.

Just some ideas for you. I would love a pkg like the OP suggested.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that jbethel's original intent was to simply ask if there was a way to make this suggestion to Carnival. And they happened to fill us in on what they had in mind. It doesn't matter what Carnival wants to do or whether or not they find it to be profitable, as some keep repeating. OP just wanted to know if there was a way to bring this to Carnival's attention. A simple suggestion box, so to speak. Companies everywhere give consumers a method to offer feedback, and that's what the OP was seeking. They also aren't suggesting creating a "smoothie package," as someone called it. They're suggesting a non-alcoholic package that goes beyond Bottomless Bubbles. OP simply really likes smoothies and would use such a package primarily for those. OP, I'm sorry you're being hit with so much resistance from some people. I get it, I dared to ask an innocent question about lifeboats and was met by several posts insulting my intelligence. That's why these threads keep getting closed/deleted.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ray98 said:

No way there is a market for that.  Very few people would drink $30 per day of non-alcoholic drinks.

Maybe you would but when you are sitting by the pool or a show or even at dinner a drink here or there add up. Just like I stated before there should be more then 2 options and whether or not you choose to purchase one is ultimately up to you. But why not do a test run on it and see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

No way there is a market for that.  Very few people would drink $30 per day of non-alcoholic drinks.

OP gave an example of a possible cost of such a package. No one says it would have to be that much. Bottomless Bubbles is $5.95/day for kids, $8.50/day for adults (not including gratuity). Price per day of something like this could build off of those costs.

There are a lot of people, many of whom have willingly admitted it on this forum, who purchase Cheers knowing they don't come anywhere near drinking enough to equal the monetary value of the package. They do it for the convenience. So it's not always about drinking a set dollar value per day.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually , that alone is enough reason.  The real reason is they do not have to, it serves little purpose from their perspective, albeit not want you want to hear.  

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

I am so baffled by all your responses. There is a giant market for non alcoholic drinks. I seldom cruise Carnival but I can assure you they sell the heck out of the refresh package on Royal and Princess has one also. Royals includes smoothies, shakes, juices, water and coffees.And sodas from the freestyle machine. I think its about 30 a day. Royal does not sell things they're not making money on. They also allow that as a purchase for non drinkers who are paired with a drinker. So 2 packages but one is a na package. And they have a soda program also. As far as how to petition for this, I expect they peruse these threads but you could also post directly on John Heald's page. (the Carnival spokesman)

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I imagine Carnival doesn't like giving discounts they don't have to. And why waste crew time making kid's drinks when important people are waiting to be served alcohol?

Good point right there. Bartenders are busy enough. They need tips and aren’t going to get them from kids. 

• Like 1

Never in my life have I heard of anyone wanting unlimited smoothies, milkshakes, and coffees until I came here. Not just from this thread, but it's often in the Cheers threads. Is bubbles and buying a la carte really not enough? I'm actually curious now. This would be a nearly $500 affair at $30 per day + gratuities for two people for a week. This legitimately sounds like a diabetic coma waiting to happen. I think we're just overly obsessed with "all-inclusive" feelings and some people feel left out.

I could be wrong though. I mean Royal does sell something similar. I don't believe smoothies or milkshakes are covered by them though. $30 a day for soda, water, mocktails, coffees, teas, and juices. Lol, that's so ridiculous to me, but what do I know? One thing I do challenge some of the naysayers on here is that Carnival would lose money on this. If they can afford to offer alcohol packages, why can't this work? Fountain soda and coffee have a way lower cost than some of these wines and top shelf liquors. Are they going to bankrupt Carnival by drinking 10 specialty coffees every day?

Edited by Joebucks

1 minute ago, tinkr2 said:

I am so baffled by all your responses. There is a giant market for non alcoholic drinks. I seldom cruise Carnival but I can assure you they sell the heck out of the refresh package on Royal and Princess has one also. Royals includes smoothies, shakes, juices, water and coffees.And sodas from the freestyle machine. I think its about 30 a day. Royal does not sell things they're not making money on. They also allow that as a purchase for non drinkers who are paired with a drinker. So 2 packages but one is a na package. And they have a soda program also. As far as how to petition for this, I expect they peruse these threads but you could also post directly on John Heald's page. (the Carnival spokesman)

Your making my case (although I have never seen lines for smoothies on any of my 35 Carnival cruises).  If it was tremwndously popular it is veet profitable. If profitable why would they discount it ao they make less money.  My other point was if someone was going to leave a cruiseline because wherher or not they had a smoothie program, then there was no need for future discussion.  

Jbethel11 I'd strongly urge you to pursue this from several different angles- email Carnival, post a request on John Heald's FB page and next time you're cruising, include it in the survey... others may disagree but if you think it's worthwhile, let Carnival know!

This may not result in anything, but then again, it might! I'm sure a TON of people requested a drinks package before Cheers actually showed up! and I always say, if you don't ask the question, the answer will ALWAYS be NO!

• Like 4

I am assuming they consider virgin drinks to be mocktails which are smoothies. They definitely are included from the smoothie bar and regular bars. Shakes are only at Johnny Rockets and is a new inclusion.

Shakes are definitely included on Princess from their shake bar.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Your making my case (although I have never seen lines for smoothies on any of my 35 Carnival cruises).  If it was tremwndously popular it is veet profitable. If profitable why would they discount it ao they make less money.  My other point was if someone was going to leave a cruiseline because wherher or not they had a smoothie program, then there was no need for future discussion.  

What I stated was that the refresh package is very popular and I assume profitable, either in cash or guest retention . And why would you see a line for a smoothie? they are made at the regular bars, they blend right in with bar guests.

35 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Never in my life have I heard of anyone wanting unlimited smoothies, milkshakes, and coffees until I came here. Not just from this thread, but it's often in the Cheers threads. Is bubbles and buying a la carte really not enough? I'm actually curious now. This would be a nearly $500 affair at $30 per day + gratuities for two people for a week. This legitimately sounds like a diabetic coma waiting to happen. I think we're just overly obsessed with "all-inclusive" feelings and some people feel left out.

Everything you said could also be said for Cheers. Do you really need "unlimited" (well, limited to 15/day) alcoholic beverages? Isn't buying alcohol drinks a la carte enough? It sounds like alcohol poisoning waiting to happen. Or at least a boat full of sloppy drunks wreaking havoc (which we know isn't the case). In the end, a lot of people use these packages for convenience and so they don't have to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. Just because you offer the ability to drink 15 alcoholic beverages a day, or $30 worth of milkshakes/day, doesn't mean that's what everyone does with it. That's one of the reasons why they're such big money makers. They already have a huge mark-up on alcohol to begin with. Add to that people who buy a package deal and don't drink the limit and Carnival's raking it in.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 4