* ms Prinsendam in Port Everglades for her FINAL sail away - March 25th, 2018 *

kazu

Just one blue hulled beauty in Port Everglades today and it is the smallest ship in the fleet - the lovely ms Prinsendam.  This is a special sail a way & a sad day for fans of the Elegant Explorer as it is her last sailing out of Port Everglades as she leaves the HAL fleet on July 1st.  And based on the potential itineraries when the new owners take over, it looks like this may well be her last time in Port Everglades.

She will be at pier 26 and, of course, she is doing 2 very lovely itineraries.  The first is the 18 night Casablanca & Canary Island Explorer:

F542A428-5C45-4A95-8164-9BBECF6E3F26.jpeg.40135f5e46ed6be916ce3b77e5b85251.jpeg

Fort Lauderdale, Florida (25 Mar d1700); Funchal, Madeira (03 Apr a0800); Tenerife, Canary Islands (05 Apr 1000-2300); St Cruz De La Palma, Canary Islands (06 Apr 0800-1700); Arrecife, Canary Islands (07 Apr 0800-1700); Agadir, Morocco (08 Apr 0700-1300); Casablanca, Morocco (09 Apr 0700-2100); Tangier, Morocco (10 Apr 0800-1700); Portimao, Portugal (11 Apr 0800-1700); Lisbon, Portugal (12 Apr a0700)

And the 2nd is a 30 day that arrives in Civitavecchia.

8E152EAA-12CD-43AF-8EF6-A567BF738730.jpeg.84cab90ca8615e723198a89658940529.jpeg

(Sorry the itinerary is not available as it this sailing has been sold out for some time.)

Other ships in port with her are the Serenade Of The Seas (pier 19), Majesty Of The Seas (pier 18) & Celebrity Infinity (pier 25).  

The webcams are located at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com & https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

For the Addicts - the Rotterdam is scheduled to be in Key West.  The webcam is located at https://www.keywestharborwebcam.com

Next up is the Veendam on March 26th

32 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Sad day in FLL and they have Infinity blocking the view all day. 😞

Oh shoot if Infinity blocks the view all day tomorrow. 😞 

5 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

I’ll be watching with a box of tissues at my side.

I hear you.  I know I will have a tear or two in my eye tomorrow & when I disembark her for the lat time in May..

I will be here for the sail away.  I was never on this ship--the only Hal ship in the fleet I have not sailed on.  In addition to the current ships I have also sailed on the old Nieuw Amsterdam, the old Westerdam, the last version of the Statendam and the RYNDAM.

This is one I can’t miss 😉 

Love, love this ship.  Hope our roll call members who are lucky enough to be on board (and everyone else sailing on her) have a wonderful crossing with the smoothiest of seas.

I’ll see them in Lisbon in a couple of weeks 🙂 

Looks like Celebrity is supposed to go at 4 and the Prinsendam at 4:45 so if everything goes according to plan, we’ll get a good view.

Prinsendam looks to be the last in the parade so far from what I can see.  Seems fitting somehow that she is the finale in her final sail way from here.