NCL Pride of America questions

Jetswdo

I will be on this Hawaii cruise in August.   Just a few questions: First transportation AFTER cruise to airport---

Usually, I arrange my own transportation after the cruise to take to airport.  Out of laziness, I am thinking of just using the ship's transfer.  I want to be at airport around 11:00-11:30 am ish-- 

If I do this, what NCL shuttle time would be the best?-- I think the latest one is at 9:30 am-- --   I will add the one time I did do an NCL shuttle, it was from Miami, and it was very annoying- waited an hour for bus to fill up, ac shut off while waiting,---vowed never again. Anyway, just want to know for those of you who did this in Hawaii, how it went, and what shuttle time to request.

Other questions:   Regarding restaurant reservations--   I noticed when looking at the one set of dailies that someone was kind enough to post:  There was an Italian night in the buffet the second or third night of the cruise and La Cucina was closed for that night.  Is this the norm?  If so is it always on the same night of the cruise?   I bought the 4 night specialty package and want to pre book the day and time next month when the restaurants are available to book.  Does the booking site "know" which night La Cucina isn't available for reservations?  I don't want to be surprised on the ship, if I can help it, and then have to re arrange reservations.

Last questions: Regarding towels----  Does NCL hand out a towel per person when going on their beach and snorkel excursions?  We are doing 1 beach morning, 2 snorkel all day excursions for this cruise. 1 day beach on our own.  Should we check out a bunch of towels in the beginning of the cruise, pay the deposit up front for all of them, then return as they are used when we come back from each excursion?  I can bring my own beach towels, but hate to use up valuable luggage space for that.  

Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.   Anita

1 hour ago, Jetswdo said:

I will be on this Hawaii cruise in August.   Just a few questions: First transportation AFTER cruise to airport---

Usually, I arrange my own transportation after the cruise to take to airport.  Out of laziness, I am thinking of just using the ship's transfer.  I want to be at airport around 11:00-11:30 am ish-- 

If I do this, what NCL shuttle time would be the best?-- I think the latest one is at 9:30 am-- --   I will add the one time I did do an NCL shuttle, it was from Miami, and it was very annoying- waited an hour for bus to fill up, ac shut off while waiting,---vowed never again. Anyway, just want to know for those of you who did this in Hawaii, how it went, and what shuttle time to request.

Other questions:   Regarding restaurant reservations--   I noticed when looking at the one set of dailies that someone was kind enough to post:  There was an Italian night in the buffet the second or third night of the cruise and La Cucina was closed for that night.  Is this the norm?  If so is it always on the same night of the cruise?   I bought the 4 night specialty package and want to pre book the day and time next month when the restaurants are available to book.  Does the booking site "know" which night La Cucina isn't available for reservations?  I don't want to be surprised on the ship, if I can help it, and then have to re arrange reservations.

Last questions: Regarding towels----  Does NCL hand out a towel per person when going on their beach and snorkel excursions?  We are doing 1 beach morning, 2 snorkel all day excursions for this cruise. 1 day beach on our own.  Should we check out a bunch of towels in the beginning of the cruise, pay the deposit up front for all of them, then return as they are used when we come back from each excursion?  I can bring my own beach towels, but hate to use up valuable luggage space for that.  

Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.   Anita

We have done  Hawaii cruise a few times and don't recall seeing transportation to airport without doing an excursion.

We've always used Roberts Hawaii  Here is a link if interested  https://www.robertshawaii.com/airport-shuttle/

Also your traveling to airport on a Sunday so your ride should only take 20 min max.

As for towels they will be in your room, you can take them with you on tours then there should be an exchange table embarking after tour. If not you just exchange at the pool there will be a booth.

I would just catch a taxi to the airport. The port is pretty close to the airport. 

You get towels in the room. You can get extras from the pool deck. And exchange them there for fresh towels. Or leave you wet towels on your bathroom floor and your steward will replace them. 

Thanks for the responses.  The cruise is Sat to Sat.  According to the web site there is direct transportation to the airport after the cruise, without a tour.  I just want to know if anyone did use NCL service to airport and what it was like.  We are probably just going to use Roberts or catch a taxi, but I wanted to check out NCL service to see if it would be worth our while.

Regarding towels for excurstions:  So am I to understand that the room steward will place the blue and white striped towels in the cabin the night before excursion?  Then do I just stop at pool deck to get two extra towels for the day we go to the beach on our own (Prepay $25 for each towel)  I haven't been on an NCL cruise in 10 years.  Been on almost all the others-- 

Any info regarding Italian night?

• 3 weeks later...

The NCL towels will be in your room on the first day when you arrive; after use at the pool or excursion, you can exchange them at a towel station near the pool on the ship. These towels are for use at the pool, hot tub, excursion, wherever you prefer and again they can always be exchanged for fresh towels. I am not sure the room steward would exchange them for you, I would check with them.

As for the airport shuttle post cruise, we did use the NCL shuttle and it worked out fine. We had a small bus, and we did wait maybe 10 mins for the bus to fill up, but it wasn't long. I figure more than half the ship is looking to get to the airport. The NCL shuttle worked out fine for us.

There are also plenty of private shuttle options available curbside, as well as plenty of taxi's. As previously stated, it is a short trip to the airport.

Enjoy.

I can't say I noticed at the time, but looking through the dailies from when we were onboard last August, La Cucina wasn't mentioned as being open on night 2, which was Italian night at the buffet. Maybe this is something that they do regularly, but also it could have been a misprint in the daily. As far as I can see, there is no specific mention of La Cucina being closed because of this.

Edit: Thinking about it, I think I posted those dailies on here, so maybe it was mine that you saw. In that case my response doesn't really help does it. 🙂

Edited by KeithJenner

I took the Roberts tour after the cruise since I had time, but while waiting for the Roberts tour I saw a lot of people waiting around for the trip to the airport both through NCL and the Roberts airport shuttle, it was a little bit on the confusing side with all the different shuttles and tours..... if you don't want to sit and wait I would just take the taxi to be sure that you get to the airport on time. It may get checking in easier also since you may not be getting off a bus with 30 other people.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the POA cruise a few years ago and took a taxi to/from the airport. The taxi did not accept credit cards and only learned this once we were on the way to the ship. Does anyone know if taxies still do not take credit cards?