Cruise Critic Community
umgrad99

Ged Scott - Avenue Saloon

Noticed the website was updated to list Ged Scott hosting the Avenue Saloon for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise in May.  Can't find much about him online...anyone familiar with him?  Disappointed Perry Grant won't be onboard but should be fun nonetheless....

Never heard of him on Crystal 

But here’s some videos of him (plenty more on You Tube)

Looks like he may have a partner who sometimes performs with him

Just wanted to bump this topic up - would be curious to get any insight from those currently on the Serenity.  I'm a big Perry Grant fan so curious how he will compare....

On 3/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, umgrad99 said:

Noticed the website was updated to list Ged Scott hosting the Avenue Saloon for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise in May.  Can't find much about him online...anyone familiar with him?  Disappointed Perry Grant won't be onboard but should be fun nonetheless....

He's on-board Crystal Serenity right now.

I believe new to Crystal Cruises.

Great voice.  Very energetic.  A great addition IMHO.

I hope you find him to be fun.  We like him.

Keith

Well, he has to be an improvement over the winter one who played to low key music.

Onboard Serenity now. He is very personable and is attracting a nice crowd every evening.

Rob

21 hours ago, umgrad99 said:

Just wanted to bump this topic up - would be curious to get any insight from those currently on the Serenity.  I'm a big Perry Grant fan so curious how he will compare....

Based on guest feedback, do not expect Perry Grant to be onboard any Crystal ship in the forseeable future. Perry's fans may need to seek out his engagements on other cruise lines.

Perry Grant had MamaLee enthralled.  Which brings to mind:  How is she? 

In our opinion,  Perry was a a bore after a few nights.  Yes, Mama Lee and her circle of friends enjoyed him.  We went to the Cove to hear a duet that were fantastic.  To each their own.

Is there a reason why Perry Grant isn't going to be on Crystal in the foreseeable future? I know there are many who are not fans (ourselves included) but there were just as many who enjoyed him.

5 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

Is there a reason why Perry Grant isn't going to be on Crystal in the foreseeable future? I know there are many who are not fans (ourselves included) but there were just as many who enjoyed him.

Last I heard on ship he was never being invited back. Enough people do not like him. He was on Hal as I know people took a cruise for him not the cruise. I never have nor will I dona cruise for a person.