Hotel in Phuket

new_cruiser

I should have already taken care of this but life got busy. I'd appreciate suggestions of a hotel to stay in for a couple of pre-cruise days in Phuket. I'm open to either something in an interesting part of the city or in a beach area.

I was hoping to go on a Thailand cruise with Star Clippers recently but circumstances changed so I haven't stayed in the  area that they recommended - Laguna ( a bit south of the airport). However, I have had lunch on the beach there in the past and my son and daughter-in-law honeymooned there and it seems a very good area (excellent beach) for a couple of days R & R. Several hotels around the lagoons just behind the beach, so pricing options to suit a variety of budgets. And a fine fish restaurant on the beach.

Have a good trip.

Hi New-cruiser,

Our agent has booked us into Mandarava Resort & Spa Jan 2020, we have not stopped there before so we're unable to comment but, we have used this agent recently for a tour of Vietnam and all the hotels were very good.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g10804710-d3399014-Reviews-Mandarava_Resort_and_Spa-Karon_Beach_Karon_Phuket.html

On 3/26/2019 at 5:19 PM, CIRCUSGIRL said:

Hi New-cruiser,

Our agent has booked us into Mandarava Resort & Spa Jan 2020, we have not stopped there before so we're unable to comment but, we have used this agent recently for a tour of Vietnam and all the hotels were very good.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g10804710-d3399014-Reviews-Mandarava_Resort_and_Spa-Karon_Beach_Karon_Phuket.html

We stayed here in December before our Clipper cruise - great location & only about 10 minutes from the craziness of Patong. We stayed 3 days which was enough tbh to rest before our cruise - Phuket is not the place we would choose for a main vacation but fine to get in the mood for the main event 🙂 

Edited by hobbsie65