Cruise Critic Community
gcbranscome

What do young adults do....

Hi! This may seem like a ridiculous question, but what things can an 18 year old do at night on the ship? We are going on the Encore, but after doing some reading, I’m seeing that there really isn’t anything for kids that age to do on NCL. Is this true? Just curious what time do the pools close? Do they show any movies on deck? Thanks! 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Hi! This may seem like a ridiculous question, but what things can an 18 year old do at night on the ship? We are going on the Encore, but after doing some reading, I’m seeing that there really isn’t anything for kids that age to do on NCL. Is this true? Just curious what time do the pools close? Do they show any movies on deck? Thanks! 

An 18 year old for everything except drinking is considered an adult so, at the very least, every venue is available to your 18yo.

On the Escape this past July, we had my daughter (18) and her 2 cousins (19 & 22) and they had a blast.

They would dine with my wife and I and go with us to most of the entertainment and then when we would go off to bed, they'd go to 1 of the dance parties and have fun. Of course the night always ended with food at O'Sheehans. 

During the day they had fun too. Ropes course, water slide, Spice H2O, etc.

If your 18 yo is alone, then making a friend or 2 would be helpful.

It'll be great. Don't sweat it.

Edited by bkrickles1

Same entertainment as for old adults. Theater shows. Family oriented comedy and raunchy 18+ comedy. Music. Dancing. Beer. Wine. 

Since the Encore is still being built, evening activities on deck is still TBD. 

5 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

An 18 year old for everything except drinking is considered an adult so, at the very least, every venue is available to your 18yo.

On the Escape this past July, we had my daughter (18) and her 2 cousins (19 & 22) and they had a blast.

They would dine with my wife and I and go with us to most of the entertainment and then when we would go off to bed, they'd go to 1 of the dance parties and have fun. Of course the night always ended with food at O'Sheehans. 

During the day they had fun too. Ropes course, water slide, Spice H2O, etc.

If your 18 yo is alone, then making a friend or 2 would be helpful.

It'll be great. Don't sweat it. The Escape is a great ship!

Great! I actually have triplets, so it seems like they will have a good time!

On our last Gem cruise they had a young adult meet up every night, dd20 and ds19 met a bunch of people. I also signed the beer/wine waiver. Lots of late nights at O’sheehans.