Live from Celebrity Summit 3/30/19 - Royal Suite

Lisamn

Heading out later this week on the revolutionized ship from San Juan for 7 nights. Planning to post a lot of photos, since I know how much I've enjoyed looking at what everyone else has shared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check in was smooth once we figured out they sent us to the wrong line. The retreat lounge is very nice. The smaller chairs are really a great size for kids. Not so much for adults. There is a strong odor of new carpet.

Embarkation lunch at Luminae was delightful. Great food, great service. The staff seemed happy to have passengers on board again. The medium well burger was cooked more like medium rare. Very delicious, just didn’t want to eat the middle.

We have never sailed in a suite before, and love all the space. The tub on the deck had yellow/brown water for the first few seconds before turning clear. Took a little while to figure out how to make it bubble. (Water level wasn’t quite high enough initially)

The deck isn’t the greatest for eating a whole meal because of the table size. Not awful, just designed for 1-2 people, not four. The table by the couch is fine, but you need to lean over a bit.

The bed is a king size. The mattress quite comfortable- on the firmer side.

The pull out couch didn’t get a ton of points the first night according to my kids. There was a plastic noise that first reminded me of a mattress protector for a small child. After the first night I looked closer. It had the original plastic that the mattress shipped with under the sheets. We removed the plastic this morning and think it will make the mattress much better for the second evening. 

Lots of shelves in the room - mostly near the floor. Hardly any drawers. Not awful - just something you need to get used to.

Outlets in the royal suite include a European style by the couch; a European style, US style, and 2 USB by the living room desk; and a European style, US style, and 2 USB by the bedroom desk. There are two bedroom lamps plugged into European outlets by the sides of the bed. The lamps do not have additional outlets. We brought European adaptors, and unplugged the lamps. If you like outlets by the bed, I highly recommend bringing adaptors.

• Thanks 1

Retreat Lounge is the old Michaels Club for suite guests - inside. There is a sun deck on the front of 12 also for suite guests. Wonderful service, but not an abundance of shady spots. 

They are listening. We were in a Royal on Millie 2 weeks ago and pointed out there were no lights by the vanity mirror and no table on the balcony. Both have been corrected looking at the photos. We didn’t have any sockets at all in the bathroom, not sure if that is corrected. Our shelf in the shower for shower gel etc was at an angle of 45 degrees but it was there. Sure they will work on that one!! Think it’s teething problems and they will correct obvious things. We have booked on Infinity before its refit for our next cruise😉😉

14 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Where is the shampoo, conditioner and  shower gel in the shower?  Do they still have a small lighted make up mirror? Did they remember to put a bar in the shower so that you can shave your legs?

Small spot in the shower for a bar of soap. No place for the shower liquids. They are by the bathtub. There is a cup holder in the shower. So... 

There is is a small round mirror, but it is not lighted. 

No no leg shaving bar.