Our Epic Vacation

Allie322

On 3/27/2019 at 9:06 PM, voyager1964 said:

Allie322, thank you for your balanced review.

May I ask you, why did not you use the free shuttle by Hertz to get to the terminal?

Didn't know they had one!  I had originally looked at renting a car at MCO and returning it in Cape Canaveral and I remember it was crazy expensive.  It was cheaper to shuttle to hotel and get a compact car to zip around for 2 days.  The woman who helped us at the Hertz counter was very nice but it was a very different experience from renting at the airport.  The car barely had 1/4 tank of gas and that's how we were to return it, rather than full like usual. She also came outside and took several photos of the car.  It was all just....different.  She never mentioned that there was a shuttle....I would imagine we would have used it!  Good to know for next time!

21 hours ago, blindhrtd said:

Thank you for the review.  Excited to leave Saturday!

Could you share what your cost for the Cabana was?  I'm trying to find this to convince hubby to book once we get on board, but the price I saw, said it varies by ship.

Thank you!

I think the cost of the large cabana was around $600, minus our latitudes discount.  Sorry, I don't remember the exact amount.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, melbthatsme said:

Are you able to provide any insight on the main pool, and if kids are allowed to use it?

Pretty sure they can use it.  Seemed like there were kids in it most of the time. And I did see a lifeguard which was nice.

21 hours ago, shannie102 said:

Could you please expand on the slides....like ask your kids what they were saying about waiting for an adult tube. 

You have to wait at the bottom of the slide for a tube.  When my gang was in line, there were far more kids coming down and handing off tubes to other kids.  They said that the wait for adult tubes was longer.  They didn't lose their place in line, just had to watch several kids go before they were able to get an adult tube.  

15 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Even if you don't get Posh tickets a nice quiet place to relax is at the very front of deck 18.  When we were on the Epic the loungers were so much better than what was available on the rest of the ship we thought we had somehow entered into a restricted haven area.  Two crew members even set up a portable bar there.  Here's a picture of the front of deck 18.

2mh6bnd.jpg

We found the area in the Shaker's Martini Lounge and Maltings Beer and Whiskey Bar to be easy places to get a drink too.

Thank you!!!!

• Like 1