BACK to BACK QUESTION

regnig

Next spring good friend & husband are going along with me & hubby on 10 day out of FLL.  At the end of that cruise we are throwing hubbbies off the ship and she and I will then do the 11 day cruise and each of us will be staying in our original staterooms.  How will HAL handle our Cruise Cards for the second portion of our cruise?  Can we get off the ship with husbands to make certain they get their proper luggage and out of the cruise terminal?  They are accustomed to us gals handling those kind of details and may need a bit of direction.  If HAL will permit us to get off the ship to see them off can we then immediately get back on the ship or must we wait until "regular" boarding time for the 11 day cruise?  We do know that at some point later we will have to get back off so HAL can 0 count the ship but since husbands will be doing early departure it would be nice to be allowed back on the ship until that time.  Thanks, any help would be appreciated for our planning purposes.

I'm pretty sure once you're off you can't reboard until HAL has had the "zero count." 

I understand your concerns. My DH could never identify our luggage. It was like he'd never seen it before. I suggest you tie bright ribbons to the luggage and have hubbies take a pic with their phones so that they can identify their bags. Once they've retrieved the bags all they have to do is follow the signs and get in line for immigration/customs. 

I don't know what HAL will do about your cruise cards. Do you have a second set of booking numbers for the second cruise?

Fll is pretty strict with that, you need to get off the ship with your hubbies and then wait in the pax hall to get back on board, normally they would hold you in a small group and you will be the first back on board...

2 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Fll is pretty strict with that, you need to get off the ship with your hubbies and then wait in the pax hall to get back on board, normally they would hold you in a small group and you will be the first back on board...

Are you sure they have to leave the ship at the same time as their hubbies? Now that there's no customs form to hand in, what's forcing them to disembark together?

14 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

I thought she needs to get off with her husband to point out the luggage...

Seems she does need to help her husband find his luggage.  

Maybe she should consider putting all sorts of large colorful ribbons , tapes, and tags on his suitcases so he'd be able to recognize them himself ...???? 

• Like 1

Your ID card that is issued to you on the embarkation day will (should) work for both cruises.  We have had 2 different confirmation numbers for back-to-back cruises but our ID cards were coded for both cruises at the same time.

You do not need to get off with your husbands especially since they want to leave early and you will not be allowed to get back onto the ship until it is down to zero count.  You could wait a long time.

• Like 1

KK ... Can be a long wait ... 

Correct me on this if I'm wrong.

While there is a wait when leaving the ship early to return to the ship, we were given "In Transit" cards which allowed us to board before others as soon as boarding was allowed.  

2 hours ago, OCruisers said:

KK ... Can be a long wait ... 

Correct me on this if I'm wrong.

While there is a wait when leaving the ship early to return to the ship, we were given "In Transit" cards which allowed us to board before others as soon as boarding was allowed.  

Yes, the intransit passengers get on first. Or if you choose to use the day as a port day and do some sightseeing, when you return you don't have to check in again. 

I think KK's comment about a long wait is because OP said the men were leaving early. So if the women left early with them, they'd have to hang around and wait until boarding begins, and that could be several hours.