Anthem late to Port Canaveral?

7 minutes ago, smokeaterc said:

I had thought that Anthem was due into Port Canveral at noon today. Almost 3pm and they are still quite a ways from docking. Anyone know why they were so delayed?

They had a medical emergency and diverted near NC for helicopter evacuation which delayed them getting into PC.  They're due in around 4 now.

Edited by BND

Thanks for the info. I've been tracking them closely this trip as we are sailing on Anthem in less than 2 weeks. I believe they will be docking (hopefully) at Coco Cay tomorrow. I haven't heard that they wouldn't at least.

9 minutes ago, Annicruise2014 said:

I've been tracking them closely this trip

May I ask how you are tracking them?  I would like to track the ship before we go to see what time the ship is estimated to go by lighthouses and islands.

Like tracking a plane, there are different sites to track ships

F35F6D01-0504-4307-94FC-F09DBA49C647.jpeg

I have a question about this.  I assume that for some, the Port Canaveral stop could mean a trip over to Walt Disney World for the day or so.  Since the ship is almost 4 hours late getting in, would there still be an attempt to do this excursion if it is offered by the RCL? 

I only ask because I am curious how late arrivals impact excursions for the most part in other scenarios when the arrival cuts into your time.  As a passenger could you cancel the ship operated excursion because obviously you are not getting the full amount of time?

1 minute ago, fscool said:

I have a question about this.  I assume that for some, the Port Canaveral stop could mean a trip over to Walt Disney World for the day or so.  Since the ship is almost 4 hours late getting in, would there still be an attempt to do this excursion if it is offered by the RCL? 

I only ask because I am curious how late arrivals impact excursions for the most part in other scenarios when the arrival cuts into your time.  As a passenger could you cancel the ship operated excursion because obviously you are not getting the full amount of time?

I would expect that all the Universal and Disney excursions were cancelled.

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  Ok, but here is a followup.  Suppose that RCL decided to operate the excursion anyway (just 3 or so hours shorter).  In your experience, could you make a valid argument to RCL that you as the passenger want to cancel because you would not be getting the amount of time you initially expected you would get?  i.e. could a case be made that you are not really getting the excursion that you paid for because it would be cut short?  

5 minutes ago, fscool said:

Interesting.  Ok, but here is a followup.  Suppose that RCL decided to operate the excursion anyway (just 3 or so hours shorter).  In your experience, could you make a valid argument to RCL that you as the passenger want to cancel because you would not be getting the amount of time you initially expected you would get?  i.e. could a case be made that you are not really getting the excursion that you paid for because it would be cut short?  

I suspect that in this case they would let people cancel without a penalty.

2 minutes ago, lulugirl68 said:

It was disappointing, but understood why it had to happen.  Hoping the person that was airlifted makes a speedy recovery❤️

Have they mentioned any other accommodation, like OBC?

My guess is they cancelled all the excursions due to the shortened stop and will refund everyone if they booked through RC. 

I say this because two years ago I was on Anthem on the same route and they changed our Port Canaveral stop from Monday to Thursday and they changed the hours in port from 12-9 to 9-4, and they cancelled all of the Disney/Universal excursions and a result. Lots of disappointed people but captain said they would refund everyone.

4 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

It is truly mind blowing the amount of medical "situations" that occur on the Anthem.  Both times we have been on we had to be diverted.  The latest was all the way to Bermuda.

Honestly, it's not just Anthem.  We were on Grandeur for a 12 night over two years ago and had 4 medical emergencies.  First was less than 3 hours after we left Baltimore.  We had to turn around and a Coast Guard boat met the ship and took someone off.  The other three were while we were in ports.  That trip we also had a Bravo call.  A light on deck 8 in the centrum overheated and set off fire detection equipment.  That was some trip overall.  We've had medical evacs more than a few times.  The longer cruises tend to have older people onboard which has a higher risk.