15 day cruise, how many bags laundry/platinum?

njsonja

so i've heard conflicting answers...anyone have a definitive answer?  going on a 15 day cruise on Bliss, i'm platinum...is that 1 bag of laundry for those amount of days or two?  many thanks in advance..

s

16 minutes ago, njsonja said:

so i've heard conflicting answers...anyone have a definitive answer?  going on a 15 day cruise on Bliss, i'm platinum...is that 1 bag of laundry for those amount of days or two?  many thanks in advance..

s

I believe that your answer lies within the actual booking!  Is your cruise booking flat-out a 15 day cruise (NOT back-to-back bookings)?  If that is the description on your invoice, then you will get (1) ONE bag, per Platinum member for the entire cruise.

If, you have two or more cruises (back-to-back), each 5 days or longer, then you would receive, (1) ONE bag per Platinum member per appropriate (5 days or more) booking!  Some people have multiple bookings grouped for even longer cruises, and get their laundry done "free" weekly !

For anyone who has not found this info, here's a link to NCL Latitudes Terms and Conditions:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#cruisenext

Edited by ggTexasGal
corrections/additions

Having been om many 15+ Day cruises (not b2b), I can for sure say that it varies on ship/hotel manager/ season and such. You get at least one bag per member per cruise. And it is in My experience a 50/50 chance you get one bag per person per week. So you might get two bags per platinum member om a 15 nighter.

• Like 1

If you are a real frugal desperate cheap skate there is always the $20 bag laundry deal midway thru the cruise.

But the Platinum and + laundry deal is good any day you want it to be.

Pack that bag full - his and hers non-matching items no difference it all goes into the wash and comes back

all nicely folded in a wicker basket - some items on hangers.

ONLY BEWARE of the those little sticky ID tags that bite you in places of comfort ! LOL !  

• Like 1

We were just on a 14 day SA cruise with 4 days pre cruise in Buenos Aires.  By day 2 of the cruise we needed to do laundry.  We lined the paper laundry bag with a pillowcase from the bed, filled out the info and wrote PLATINUM at the top.  Was returned to us the next day.  Then on day 12 of the cruise we needed to do laundry again.  Did the same as before and again returned the next day.  No additional charges.

Seems in my experience to depend on whoever collects the form or process the bags(ie random) ... Have had multiple bags and never been charged - officially though its one per member per cruise.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:24 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

If you are a real frugal desperate cheap skate there is always the $20 bag laundry deal midway thru the cruise.

Pack that bag full - his and hers non-matching items no difference it all goes into the wash and comes back

ONLY BEWARE of the those little sticky ID tags that bite you in places of comfort ! LOL !  

Why did you feel the need to say "desperate cheap skate?"  It was a normal question yet you felt the need to insult the person asking🤨

On 3/26/2019 at 12:24 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

I am frugal and proud of it...a desperate cheap skate NO

If you're really frugal, pack a bar of laundry soap, and use it to wash socks, underwear, and swimwear. My wife and I are both platinum on NCL, so we get 2 bags, but certain items are quick and easy to wash and dry on your own—and who wants to send out their underwear to get washed?

I'd rather save space in the laundry bag for clothes that need to look nice and wrinkle-free.

10 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

If you're really frugal, pack a bar of laundry soap, and use it to wash socks, underwear, and swimwear. My wife and I are both platinum on NCL, so we get 2 bags, but certain items are quick and easy to wash and dry on your own—and who wants to send out their underwear to get washed?

I'd rather save space in the laundry bag for clothes that need to look nice and wrinkle-free.

10 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

I have never sent undergarments in our laundry.....this will be our first 2 week cruise but I will still not send them.  I have read woolite will do the trick.

6 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I have never sent undergarments in our laundry.....this will be our first 2 week cruise but I will still not send them.  I have read woolite will do the trick.

We use Zote—it's a pink bar of laundry soap. Very inexpensive, and does a great job. The bars of soap are large, but you can cut them in half to save space, you'll still have plenty of it for a 2-week cruise.

28 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

We use Zote—it's a pink bar of laundry soap. Very inexpensive, and does a great job. The bars of soap are large, but you can cut them in half to save space, you'll still have plenty of it for a 2-week cruise.

Thank you

7 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Does it dry fast ?

Do you hang them in the bathroom ?

Thank you

25 minutes ago, reveur15 said:

Does it dry fast ?

Do you hang them in the bathroom ?

Yes, in the bathroom on the clothesline.

They dry reasonably quickly. In the past, I've washed in the afternoon and let it sit there overnight, and usually in the morning it's dry. The trick is to not overload the clothesline, and try to get as much surface area exposed on the clothes as possible. If you have a balcony and a sunny afternoon, clothes can dry in minutes, but do sit out there with them and make sure they don't blow away—definitely don't leave clothes unattended out there!

55 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

I always roll in a bath towel and let sit for an hour. Then hang. Dries faster that way.

It definitely helps to roll whatever you have washed in a towel, and really squeeze it to get as much water out as possible.  But we then take the clothes out immediately and hang them, we don't let them sit in the wet towel.

One can use the hair dryer to rapidly dry clothing - just a whisper on low setting and panning the dryer back

and forth - do not use on delicates. The towel application previously posted works great also.

Ask your cabin attendant for an iron to speed things up while pressing the garment.

Regarding laundry soap detergent I use one of those airline miniature liquor bottles filled with Tide.

A bottle using a teaspoon at a time will last easily on a 7 day trip doing incabin sink laundry.

You can also use the shampoo provided - quality and cleaning maybe questionable but it should suffice

for small less soiled tasks.

For better rapid drying use a hanger - no hangers in your cabin ask your cabin attendant - there are plenty

of creative ways to hang a hanger for effective drying - some cabin attendants have a towel monkey hanging

from a ceiling vent - you can do the same. If hanging near a balcony use care as noted above - the fish have

no need for clothing lost overboard. Sox maybe some trouble drying - try placing the ankle end over the

hair dryer and use a low speed for just a few minutes. Take a few clothes pins to pin up on that retractable

laundry line that is in the shower. Minimal accessory gear to a better cleaner cruise.

Just some of the ways to cut the cleaning budget.