Sapphire to replace Golden

Many a Melbournian will be grad to hear that.   I did notice the port departures for Melbourne in 2021 included the Sapphire leaving a few times.   Explorer of the Seas is also showing in the Port of Melbourne departures 2021 - hope its for the start of cruises and not just visits.

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Woohoo. Between there and Adelaide I believe.

The message I got simply said homeported in Melbourne, but I guess that doesn’t preclude some cruises out of Adelaide 

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

The message I got simply said homeported in Melbourne, but I guess that doesn’t preclude some cruises out of Adelaide 

She is going to be home ported out of Melbourne but have cruises out of Adelaide kind of like Golden's current Adelaide Cruises.

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

Many a Melbournian will be grad to hear that.   I did notice the port departures for Melbourne in 2021 included the Sapphire leaving a few times.   Explorer of the Seas is also showing in the Port of Melbourne departures 2021 - hope its for the start of cruises and not just visits.

Explorer of the Seas is in the USA and isn't mentions on the Melbourne Port Schedule. It was before however, that was revealed to be for the Celebrity Eclipse .

Its a shame it is not going to be based in Sydney. It is the right size ship and not overly crowded at all. Exact clone of the Diamond Princess and was supposed to be the Diamond Princess under construction. There was a major fire on that ship during construction and it was one my first cruise with Princess during the ships maiden season. I would love to see it here again soon.

Good news for Victorian, South Australian and Tasmanian cruisers to have the Sapphire based down here. We do deserve to have some good ships sailing from Melbourne and Adelaide. 

Looking forward to sailing on her when she arrives.

Leigh

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Sydney will have the Majestic and the Regal Princesses.

I would rather have the Majestic and Sapphire in Sydney and Melbourne could have the Regal. Melbourne at least deserves a modern ship and a large one at that.

Good to hear that about Sapphire, Melbourne is just a train trip away . I loved the Diamond and the Japanese baths on her. Though it doesn’t matter that the Sapphire doesn’t have them, as I’m sure she is just as nice. 

And I really loved the Majestic so will be happy try the Regal too! 

🥳

32 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

I would rather have the Majestic and Sapphire in Sydney and Melbourne could have the Regal. Melbourne at least deserves a modern ship and a large one at that.

Well a company isn't a charity they don't give a ship to a city because they "deserve" it.

Clearly Melbourne doesn't have that kind of demand as seen with no other lines have comparable Sydney and Melbourne presences .

2 hours ago, Thorpe said:

Good to hear that about Sapphire, Melbourne is just a train trip away . I loved the Diamond and the Japanese baths on her. Though it doesn’t matter that the Sapphire doesn’t have them, as I’m sure she is just as nice. 

And I really loved the Majestic so will be happy try the Regal too! 

🥳

Good to hear. I too would like to try the Regal but will see after our Majestic cruise to see if the itineraries will suit.

Isn't the Regal too big for Melbourne or was the the Ovation. I forget now. 

Hmmm. Now thinking to Majestic can get into Melbourne then Regal should be fine. 

Away, I happy with the Sapphire. I loved the Diamond Princess and 4 restaurant set up. 

Edited by icat2000

55 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Isn't the Regal too big for Melbourne or was the the Ovation. I forget now. 

Hmmm. Now thinking to Majestic can get into Melbourne then Regal should be fine. 

Away, I happy with the Sapphire. I loved the Diamond Princess and 4 restaurant set up. 

I thought it was Ovation, and love pd our month on Diamond, probably my number two ship.

18 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Sadly we dont get to keep Sapphire boohoo. she heads back to Shanghai in May 2021, but after leaving Melbourne does a circle Australia and a PNG March/April

Oooohhhh Mrs G is at me for another circumnavigation, might get me out of trouble.