Drink package pricing

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, LBumb said:

Rhapsody in two weeks just dropped from $46 to 42

Nice to see!  On the Anthem in 19 days..  Hopefully they follow suit!

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, slyster said:

glad for this thread.  I just paid $44 on Freedom for an August cruise

I'm glad I grabbed it when I did.  The next day it went to $45 and by the weekend (few days later), it was up to $47.  Every dollar counts LOL! 

• Like 1

Interesting thread about pricing. We are going on the Mariner OTS on the 3 night, May 10th cruise. (just booked this week)
I have done cruises both with and without the deluxe package. Currently on the cruise planner it sits at $52/day with a banner that claims to be 20% off on-board prices. BUT..... looking at the last three cruise compasses for Mariner OTS in march, the very first page has a Trending Today Sale, which shows it as buy one DBP at 198, get the second half off. So if I do the math, 198 + 99 = 297. Then if I take that, 297 / 3 days / 2 people = That comes to $49.50/person/day. (But then add the 18% which would have to do no matter what). 
With that being said.... I will keep an eye on the future cruise compasses and see if that sale keeps popping on the front page at that same price. If it does, I'll know what the online price needs to be in order to actually be cheaper. 
So I guess that its not 'always' cheaper to buy ahead of time. But, we'll see what happens over the next few weeks before departure. 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, Sherri914 said:

I have never had the package.  We may try it on our next cruise.  Can anyone tell me if you can use it while in port?  Meaning, are the bars open while you're docked at Ports of Call?  Reason being -- our cruise has 4 stops planned, one being Coco Cay.  I know we can use the package on the island.  But we don't plan on getting off the ship at least at one, possibly two other ports of call as we've been there before.  So with the drink package, can still drink on the ship while in port?

No, not in port! The exception is when you are on the ships private island, Labadee or Cocoa Cay. Then drinks are included.

1 minute ago, pmck said:

No, not in port! The exception is when you are on the ships private island, Labadee or Cocoa Cay. Then drinks are included.

The OP means can they still get drinks ON the ship--they don't plan on getting off while the ship is in port. So yes, they can get drinks on the ship.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The OP means can they still get drinks ON the ship--they don't plan on getting off while the ship is in port. So yes, they can get drinks on the ship.  

Yes, I should have read the whole post before I posted my reply.  I meant that they can't get drinks in Port, except on private islands. They can get them on the ship while docked in port, of course.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to me RCI math????

Earlier this week, the drink package for a 3 night mariner OTS cruise was 52 /person/night, and all it said was save 20% from on board prices. Fast forward to this weekend... and I see it says buy one get one 50% off, showing 52/person/day... so I add it to the cart to see what the total would be.... guess what... STILL 52 /person/day + the 18%. It shows the little note that this is a 25% discount applied to each passenger already.   Its funny how that price and discount is a moving target. 

On 3/25/2019 at 9:33 PM, lbfluffy said:

I have been keeping an eye on the drink package for my cruise. It is at its lowest I have seen, $46 a day. I’m still checking to see if it will drop in price. My cruise is April 22nd. For cruisers that have bought the plan, when is the latest it stops changing price?

This close to sailing I would pull the trigger.

We're not getting it this time on Mariner.  We purchased the refreshment pkg for $17 a day and I'll just pay cash for a shot to be added to my Pina coladas and my Mai Tai's when I want them.  I'm going to track the expenses and see how it comes out for future reference. 

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We're not getting it this time on Mariner.  We purchased the refreshment pkg for $17 a day and I'll just pay cash for a shot to be added to my Pina coladas and my Mai Tai's when I want them.  I'm going to track the expenses and see how it comes out for future reference. 

We have a big group. We figured we would all splurge. I think one person in our party is getting the refreshment plan. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

This I'll be very curious to follow. But I feel if this was a great deal more people would already do it and RCL would have figured a go-around....but please post your results as I could be totally wrong!

20 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

This I'll be very curious to follow. But I feel if this was a great deal more people would already do it and RCL would have figured a go-around....but please post your results as I could be totally wrong!

I purchased the refreshment  package for $17 also. The price has been going from $20 to$26 since I purchased it.  The deluxe is $49 I will probably purchase alcohol here and there as well. 

Question regarding the black Friday deals since we cannot book until about 9 months out for the drink package, if we are sailing November for 2020 will they let us book a the black Friday deal this November for the drink package?

2 minutes ago, ZK121016 said:

Question regarding the black Friday deals since we cannot book until about 9 months out for the drink package, if we are sailing November for 2020 will they let us book a the black Friday deal this November for the drink package?

Unfortunately, they timing of various offerings in the Cruise Planner is unpredictable.

I bought my package over 45 days ago at $46 for my 20 April Sailing on the Anthem.. It's not changed one way or the other - only 9 days to go..  I guess it's selling just as they want it to since the price has not changed at all..

1 minute ago, lbfluffy said:

Yay the drink package went down to $45 a day. Not much of a savings for our short cruise, about $10, but I grabbed it. I originally paid $52 a day. I knew my checking every day would pay off. 

depends on your sailing, not everyone's went down.  So make sure you post it on your roll call that the price for your specific sailing has dropped.  

On 4/6/2019 at 6:17 PM, vanelli56 said:

Can anyone explain to me RCI math????

Earlier this week, the drink package for a 3 night mariner OTS cruise was 52 /person/night, and all it said was save 20% from on board prices. Fast forward to this weekend... and I see it says buy one get one 50% off, showing 52/person/day... so I add it to the cart to see what the total would be.... guess what... STILL 52 /person/day + the 18%. It shows the little note that this is a 25% discount applied to each passenger already.   Its funny how that price and discount is a moving target. 

I thought they didn't offer it for 3 nights, do they now?