Hammock is it possible???

We are on the Allure, Ocean View Cabin with large Balcony.  I was wondering if it were possible to bring one of those lightweight hammocks to use on the balcony.  They have straps with velcro that can be used to "hang it"  Is there anything that can be used to secure it on the balcony??

2 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

We are on the Allure, Ocean View Cabin with large Balcony.  I was wondering if it were possible to bring one of those lightweight hammocks to use on the balcony.  They have straps with velcro that can be used to "hang it"  Is there anything that can be used to secure it on the balcony??

Some people have done so, but not sure that I would have much faith in some Velcro straps to hold me up!😂

We bought a pack of hammock ropes, or some such thing on amazon when we bought our hammock. 

Those were tied tight to the metal poles. Then at home depot we bought large metal clips. Hammock had circle opening at ends. So we clipped thru hammock to straps. Made it easy to take up and down, and no rub damage to ship

20171126_152017.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

We bought a pack of hammock ropes, or some such thing on amazon when we bought our hammock. 

Those were tied tight to the metal poles. Then at home depot we bought large metal clips. Hammock had circle opening at ends. So we clipped thru hammock to straps. Made it easy to take up and down, and no rub damage to ship

20171126_152017.jpg

Very cool, great idea!

• Like 1

Forgive me as I don't use the hammock we have in a camping situation, just on a door frame bar at home.  We leave for the Allure this weekend, and I have a hammock with carabiners on each end.

Can someone show me how they actually hung these on the balcony, with a close up as well, please?  Are you saying that you used the pole above the partition on both sides?

I have been on four RCCL cruises with balcony and never once thought to bring the hammock and my kiddo loves it for sensory purposes. I am looking online for quick shipping/best outdoor/sporting goods store to pick up at before boarding.

Also, how long are your straps?

Edited by WIFosterMama
add a question

Wifostermama, i don't have pics of exactly how or what we tied them too. But i believe it was poles on balcony dividers. 

Did a quick look on amazon, and they sow some as 20 foot long. So two straps that gives you 40ft, plus length of hammock. More than enough lenght. 

It really is nice, we love having our hammock. We went snuba in cozumel, and being old and well round too. I was exhausted when we got back to ship. Best nap ever!!!

7 hours ago, WIFosterMama said:

Forgive me as I don't use the hammock we have in a camping situation, just on a door frame bar at home.  We leave for the Allure this weekend, and I have a hammock with carabiners on each end.

Can someone show me how they actually hung these on the balcony, with a close up as well, please?  Are you saying that you used the pole above the partition on both sides?

I have been on four RCCL cruises with balcony and never once thought to bring the hammock and my kiddo loves it for sensory purposes. I am looking online for quick shipping/best outdoor/sporting goods store to pick up at before boarding.

Also, how long are your straps?

Just tie the ropes around the poles.  3 foot  long ropes on each end should be fine.  

8C2C8B6E-25BC-4854-8D11-B9D184A41D12.png