Hotels currently being used in Fort Lauderdale?

BIGADORF

Does anyone know what Hotels in Fort Lauderdale are currently being used by Princess for Pre-Cruise? If so does anyone have any pros or cons about them? Specifically for a 1 or 2 night stay prior to a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise.

Thank you😁

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Book on your own. Way cheaper. 

Hyatt Place on 10th (next door to the Embassy Suites)

Renaissance 17th St right outside the port entrance

Embassy Suites 17th St. 

Those are blocks from the port and a couple of miles from the airport 

Yes Book on your own.  We have stayed at the Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites and been very satisfied with both.  They are close to the port, restaurants and grocery stores, etc for last minute shopping.

For North American passengers - Princess is using Embassy Suites and Element hotels. Those from the UK have different choices.

The last time I checked prices, Embassy Suites was the same price as booking direct. There was one time during the FLL boat show where it was cheaper to book through the cruise line then direct. Check out all your options.

Edited by Coral

Extended stay on 17th, restaurants close by, as is Publix grocery for wine or snacks. If you have an extra day the walk to the water taxi is not to far and a good way to spend some time. Try google for hotels close to port you will get a wealth of info and maps.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th street and were very satisfied with the accommodations, the free breakfast and the staff, as well as the price. The walk up the street to where the restaurants and the Publix supermarket and the wine store only took about 7-8 minutes.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

For North American passengers - Princess is using Embassy Suites and Element hotels. Those from the UK have different choices.

The last time I checked prices, Embassy Suites was the same price as booking direct. There was one time during the FLL boat show where it was cheaper to book through the cruise line then direct. Check out all your options.

I just got a quote for hotels from my TA.

The Princess price was per person making the cost for those hotels more than double.

We booked the Embassy Suites DIY.

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I just got a quote for hotels from my TA.

The Princess price was per person making the cost for those hotels more than double.

We booked the Embassy Suites DIY.

That is true. Even then, it can often be a wash. Embassy Suites can be very $$$ at times.

I check and compare prices. I am compulsive about price checking and sometimes Princess wins. Sometimes they don't. Try pricing Embassy Suites out during the boat show in FLL in December. 

Edited by Coral

16 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

Does anyone know what Hotels in Fort Lauderdale are currently being used by Princess for Pre-Cruise? If so does anyone have any pros or cons about them? Specifically for a 1 or 2 night stay prior to a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise.

Thank you😁

My wife and I like the Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port located in Dania Beach. It is centrally located between the port and the airport. We've always found this facility to be clean, the staff very helpful and it is priced about like most of the FL motels (not cheap, but about standard). They have a free shuttle to/from the airport and $10/person to the cruise port. The only problem is it is located a ways away from the commercial area. There is a great Cuban restaurant across the street, a subway shop and a few other places, but the selection is kind of light.

13 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

Just tried booking a hotel for our 2/05/20 cruise - Costs are double what normally and even with that it has been difficult to get a room.  Not sure why.

I heard there is a NFL game there that weekend ... bet it's going to be SUPER

3 hours ago, candy4040 said:

Just tried booking a hotel for our 2/05/20 cruise - Costs are double what normally and even with that it has been difficult to get a room.  Not sure why.

Super Bowl In Miami! We need one night ...February 1...Rates are high

1 hour ago, camper49 said:

Super Bowl In Miami! We need one night ...February 1...Rates are high

High is an understatement!! $1240/night for the Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale for January 30, 31st. That's beyond high! Not able to get any hotel for January 30-Feb 1st. Not sure what we are going to do at this point.

Janet