3 night dining package and D+ BOGO

Will be sailing on Harmony in June and was curious if anyone has ever purchased the three night dining package and also been able to use their D+ BOGO coupons.  I realize the package is used on first or second night, but do you think a coupon could be used either first or second night (depending when the package starts)?  My husband and I both receive coupons, but I’m not expecting to be able to use both.

I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this matter, especially if they’ve actually had a positive experience with this on past sailings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

I can't answer exactly as we are not D+, however, we were just on Navigator and successfully booked/used both a BOGO & 3 night dining package without any issue.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:33 PM, Coralc said:

We used the BOGO on the first night and scheduled the 3 night package for nights and restaurants later in the cruise. 

I am glad to read this as we are planning to do the same on an upcoming 12 night cruise.  Hoping to use the BOGO the first 2 nights and then the 3 night dining later in the cruise.  Guess we can just check on boarding day and get everything set up then.

We've done this before. We've never found any advantage in pre-booking the dining packages as they are pushing them all the time while you are on the ship so we just used our D+ BOGO on the first two nights and bought a package on the ship and booked the times and restaurants we wanted. Not sure what you mean by coupons but if you mean the D+ BOGO you can both use them on 2 different nights.

• Like 1

We always use our D + first two nights get and pre book the 3 nighter as well.

As soon as we arrive on board we find one of the speciality dining team and give them the 5 nights we want and times.  Never had a problem.  We just tell them to use what they need to for the first night to make it work.  They are always happy to have the business and accommodate us.

12 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I am glad to read this as we are planning to do the same on an upcoming 12 night cruise.  Hoping to use the BOGO the first 2 nights and then the 3 night dining later in the cruise.  Guess we can just check on boarding day and get everything set up then.

We had the BOGO and the 5 night on Symphony last year.  We made our first reservation for night three, we were told BOGO can be used for any night, only exclusion was Hibachi Grill. 

12 hours ago, SConnolly said:

We always use our D + first two nights get and pre book the 3 nighter as well.

13 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Hoping to use the BOGO the first 2 nights and then the 3 night dining later in the cruise.  

RCL loves to hear this as it costs you more to do it this way... of course they'll allow it!

Remember that the specialty venues usually cost more on board than in the cruise planner PLUS they add 18% gratuity when you use your D+ BOGO.

It is less expensive to book the 5 night package and not use your D+ BOGO.... not only that, the 18% is included in the dining package pricing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

RCL loves to hear this as it costs you more to do it this way... of course they'll allow it!

Remember that the specialty venues usually cost more on board than in the cruise planner PLUS they add 18% gratuity when you use your D+ BOGO.

It is less expensive to book the 5 night package and not use your D+ BOGO.... not only that, the 18% is included in the dining package pricing.

Not sure how you figure that when it is costing us $104 pp for the 5 nights this way, where the 5 night dining package is $119 pp

15 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Not sure how you figure that when it is costing us $104 pp for the 5 nights this way, where the 5 night dining package is $119 pp

What ship? 

What did you pay for your 3 night dining package?

On your cruise planner, what are the prices of the two venues you will be using your Diamond Plus BOGO on the first two days?

All three questions matter, as prices change constantly and are different for various ships/sailings.

18 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Actually we've found this to be true in the past i.e. the 5 night package works out cheaper than 3 nights and two nights using the D+ BOGO. I just took a look at my future cruises to try and do a comparison but oddly enough some offer 3 night packages and one offers 5 night package but none of them offer both for booking online, even though they will no doubt do so on the ship

My next sailing in a month....

Chop's $42 + 18% = $49.56 for two    (use Diamond Plus BOGO)

Wonderland $49 + 18% = $57.82 for two  (use Diamond Plus BOGO)

3 night package per person = $99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total = $152.56 per person

...... however 5 night dining plan = $119

Very obvious what is less expensive here, and that our D+ BOGO "benefit" has been useless for 2 years now since RCL introduced the dining packages, especially the FNDR and BOGO. I have posted this fact on my reviews here on CC since Jewel Aug/Sept 2017.

Now if that cruiser was in error speaking about the BOGO available to everyone on the cruise planner:

BOGO on cruise planner (not the D+ BOGO) = $42

3 night = $99

-------------------------

total = $141   .... still the 5 night is better.

The above examples are only for my sailing and will be totally different for other ships/times of year/sale prices/etc etc.

Also note, if that cruiser is speaking about this BOGO, and not the D+ BOGO, it's clear on the RCL website in large print that both the 3 night and 5 night packages you must book either night #1 or night #2, therefore depending on the ship, the hotel director's rules on that ship, and if the venues are already full, anyone purchasing both may get into trouble and lose one of the nights.