Need help choosing cabin/deck

blasel

I'm new here so I'm sorry if I'm putting this request in the wrong place!  Our family of 5 will be going on the Carnival Conquest for  7 day cruise. We are going to split up into 2 staterooms (2 in one and 3 in the other).  My biggest concern is getting rooms that are next door or very close to one another.  We're not looking to spend a ton for the room since we don't plan on being in it much other than sleeping.  So with that info, please give me your feedback on the options I have available to me.  I could get 2 oceanview rooms on the Riviera Deck (1) that are side by side.  Or 2 interior rooms (4G) on the Verandah Deck (8) that are also side by side.  I'd really, really appreciate any pros/cons, feedback on the decks, their convenience.  Also, not sure if one room category is really any better than the other.  Cost is very similar.

Thanks!

Consider where you will spend most of your time. If you want to be at the pools, sun bathing, eating (other than the MDR), a higher deck is nice so you can avoid waiting for elevators every time you go back and forth. If activities and shows are your thing (trivia, bingo, comedy shows, music shows), maybe the lower deck.

Absolutely agree with Jimbo. Take the ocean view.  We sailed with our 4 kids in connecting ocean view cabins on the Conquest.  We have a couple of great pictures of the kids sitting in the window watching the ocean go by.  They really enjoyed the views as well.  Taxes and fees are the same. It's worth the extra money for the light and view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

With similar costs, I would take the Ocean views.  Interiors get pitch black with lights out and the Ocean view will gell you the sensation of space.   

Actually, getting pitch black is what draws me to interior rooms. I need pitch black in order to sleep. I sleep AMAZINGLY in Interior rooms.

I also really liked the Riviera Deck on our last cruise because it was nice and low (so you feel less rocking and rolling), but we'll be on Upper (Deck 6) this time.

• Like 1

You said You’re only going to be in there to sleep...so I’m taking the deck 8 interiors. Deck 1 you spend half your cruise waiting for elevators. That’s where I was my first cruise....I haven’t been below deck 7 since then.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You said You’re only going to be in there to sleep...so I’m taking the deck 8 interiors. Deck 1 you spend half your cruise waiting for elevators. That’s where I was my first cruise....I haven’t been below deck 7 since then.

I actually prefer the stairs. It's a good opportunity to walk off all the rich food. So I honestly don't mind staying lower. But if you can't do stairs and have to wait for the elevators, then probably the higher the better.

1 hour ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Actually, getting pitch black is what draws me to interior rooms. I need pitch black in order to sleep. I sleep AMAZINGLY in Interior rooms.

I also really liked the Riviera Deck on our last cruise because it was nice and low (so you feel less rocking and rolling), but we'll be on Upper (Deck 6) this time.

That is why having options are a good thing.

1 hour ago, DukeASUGirl said:

I actually prefer the stairs. It's a good opportunity to walk off all the rich food. So I honestly don't mind staying lower. But if you can't do stairs and have to wait for the elevators, then probably the higher the better.

I do plenty of stairs. More than most I bet. But going from 1 to 10 is a hike.

• Like 1

We’ve sailed Conquest many times - love that ship.  Always stayed on Verandah so that’s my vote.  Convenient to the lido and promenade levels.  Couple flight of stairs up/down and you’re where you need to be for most of your cruise.   I have stayed in the inside cabins on another ship and while hesitant because of no windows I must say I slept like a baby in that darkened cabin. 

The only time I’ve stayed on rivieria level, ocean view was on the Dream and never, ever again will I stay that low.  Out of 10 cruises I felt the most sway and rocking in that cabin. Felt like some serious vertigo action going on in my head a few days. 😝

If it's your first cruise I would play it safe and stay low for stability and opt for a window in case interior rooms are not your thing.

But those are not concerns I would go for higher deck. Location trumps everything else.

Easy...take the interior rooms on deck 8.  One, it's close to the pool and buffet area and two, since you said that all you plan on doing is sleep there anyway, the little cost savings can be used towards other expenses.  But, if you like using the stairs or waiting for elevators....then the Riv deck is all yours.