Need help choosing cabin/deck on Conquest

blasel

I’m new here so I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place. My family of 5 will be cruising on the Conquest for 7 days. We’re going to split up into 2 staterooms (2 in one and 3 in the other). My biggest concern is getting cabins that are next to one another or very close. We’re not looking to spend a ton for the room since we don’t plan on being in it much other than sleeping. So with that info, please give me your feedback on the options I have available. I could get 2 ocean view rooms on the Riviera Deck (1) that are side by side. Or 2 interior rooms (4G) on the Verandah deck (8) that are also side by side. I’d really appreciate any feedback on the pros/cons of the decks, their convenience, room comparisons. I’m not sure if one room category is really any better than the other since the cost is very similar. Thanks!

I just did an OV on the conquest, 1297 on deck one. I wouldn't recommend this cabin. It was so noisy at night clanking and rattling. Also when we docked back in Ft Lauderdale (prob 3 or 4am??) there was light blasting into our room and a constant beeping from the ship docking and whatever else until we got off.

Hi!  Welcome to CruiseCritic!  There are a lot of different considerations that can go into choosing cabins, and the right cabin for one could be the wrong cabin for another.  Is this your first cruise?  Do you know if anyone in your group gets seasick?  Personally, I would never sail in an Interior, but so many others prefer them.  So because of that, given your listed options, I would take the two OVs on Deck 1, even though I prefer higher decks.  I don't know how much help that is. 

Another thing I would recommend is checking out the deck plans to see what is above and below your candidate cabins.  There will be noise issues in some areas.

It depends, really. Where on the Veranda deck? If up front, that's OK because the Lido deck staterooms are above you. But if it's in the middle/rear you'll be underneath the pool and buffet. People have reported noise from deck cleaning during the night, dragging chairs, deck parties. Plus, the kitchen will crank up early in the morning to start getting breakfast ready. 

You say it's for your family but didn't say how old your kids are. Is it possible to get more flexibility with room choice if they're not right next door? Carnival does have some restrictions though but I can't find them on the website.

I Would do the two interiors on deck 8. You are closer to everything! We love deck 8. I agree with the other poster about making sure they are middle forward, or forward so you are under and above cabins. You will have a blast~

I would choose deck 8 as long as there are cabins above.  You don't want to be under the pool area.  We've been on Riviera deck before & I didn't like the noise.  Lots of clanking early in the morning.

I'm a huge fan of Riviera deck #1.  Literally my location of choice if I'm not doing a Balc.  Among the quietest areas of the ship.  My preference is to be somewhat forward as roughly half of the total elevators on the ship are there.  

OV cabins are significantly larger than interiors.  This far outweighs the fact that one needs an elevator to get up to Lido in my mind.

Here's another option.  OV on #1 with an interior directly across the hall.  That's a very common arrangement for families.