Prinsendam on the way to Bermuda

keikobad

We are on the Prinsendam TA and during a beautiful sunny seaday and hoping for more of those to come we saw a man in casual clothes and shoes lying at the gym in front of a  treadmill this afternoon surrounded by medical staff. When we went to the aft pool 20 minutes later he was still in the same spot. The captain gave an announcement at 7pm that we we will head north to Bermuda as a passenger is not feeling well and needs medical treatment. Stop at Funchal should not be effected. All the best for him!

That's too bad.....hope he will be ok.....

A couple of years ago.....a woman broke her arm and the 49 day cruise was diverted to St. George's, Bermuda.....their coast guard met the ship at a nearby bouy.......she was patched up and flew to Barcelona...she wasn't going to miss her cruise......!!!

Edited by Rowsby

7 hours ago, keikobad said:

We are on the Prinsendam TA and during a beautiful sunny seaday and hoping for more of those to come we saw a man in casual clothes and shoes lying at the gym in front of a  treadmill this afternoon surrounded by medical staff. When we went to the aft pool 20 minutes later he was still in the same spot. The captain gave an announcement at 7pm that we we will head north to Bermuda as a passenger is not feeling well and needs medical treatment. Stop at Funchal should not be effected. All the best for him!

Oh dear - sorry to hear this.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Hope your sunny days continue.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had to reply to the this thread. I was on that transatlantic and the back stories is as follows. The gentleman who was injured was on the treadmill using his walking cane for balance. When he discovered that the speed was too high for his liking, he asked his wife (who was with him)  to slow the speed. Apparently she couldn't discern which was the correct button, and actually sped up the tread. The man lost his balance, went flying and two separated shoulders and a concussion later, Pinsendam was headed for Bermuda. I will not pass along comments made by other passengers but I'm sure you can imagine, particularly since the diversion took us far enough north to get us into a gray, inclement, 8-10 foot wave, weather pattern rather than the sunny mild course that had been planned. Two days after being transferred in Bermuda, word came that the gentleman was much better and was contemplating returning to the ship in Funchal. An informal poll of the remaining passengers resulted in a vote of "no return". And that's the rest of the Story------

Thanks for the update.

It was quite a surprise to see this title pop to the top of topics this morning, as we are joining her on the 24th and I know she should have (and is) in the Med at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Ryten said:

I just had to reply to the this thread. I was on that transatlantic and the back stories is as follows. The gentleman who was injured was on the treadmill using his walking cane for balance. When he discovered that the speed was too high for his liking, he asked his wife (who was with him)  to slow the speed. Apparently she couldn't discern which was the correct button, and actually sped up the tread. The man lost his balance, went flying and two separated shoulders and a concussion later, Pinsendam was headed for Bermuda. I will not pass along comments made by other passengers but I'm sure you can imagine, particularly since the diversion took us far enough north to get us into a gray, inclement, 8-10 foot wave, weather pattern rather than the sunny mild course that had been planned. Two days after being transferred in Bermuda, word came that the gentleman was much better and was contemplating returning to the ship in Funchal. An informal poll of the remaining passengers resulted in a vote of "no return". And that's the rest of the Story------

And that's how accidents happen, folks................