Nationwide Luxury Cruise

We purchased Nationwide Luxury Cruise insurance for our Escape January 2019 cruise. We had a change in itinerary from Dominica to Antigua prior to our cruise so we submitted a claim when we got back from our cruise & promptly received checks from Nationwide for $1250 pp. 

We purchased Nationwide Luxury Cruise insurance again for our Jade transatlantic April 2019. The departure port was changed from Manhattan to Brooklyn a few months ago. 

We called Insure My Trip & the representative we spoke to said she thinks change in departure port would qualify as change in itinerary. I know we can’t submit a claim until we get back from our cruise but has anyone made a claim for a change in the port of departure?

It would require a close look at the exact policy language to make an accurate coverage determination, but having lots of experience in both the travel and insurance industries I can't see how it would be considered a change in itinerary.  Both the Brooklyn and Manhattan cruise terminals are located in the Port of New York and are operated by the same company. There would be no meaningful changes to your travel plans regardless of which pier was used. You could fly into the same NY area airport of your choice for either cruise terminal with the only possible difference being slightly different ground transportation from airport to cruise terminal.

Of course if the person processing your claim didn't realize that Brooklyn and Manhattan are both part of NY City, they might approve it based on sheer ignorance. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by njhorseman

I usually use Nationwide for cruise insurance.  I also had a no hassle claim.  But i choose the Choice Cruise not Luxury, difference in amounts of coverage but was more than enough.  Depending on the cruise it can cost $200 to $250