Serenity pool Britannia

branddad

How easy is it to get loungers around the serenity pool.  When is the best time to get a lounger / 2 loungers.  We are not people who want to get up at 6 putout towels and go back to bed and then return to our “saved lounger” mid morning 

1 hour ago, Caravan 37 said:

I plan to try, on good weather days, to get a bed around the Serenity pool. I imagine on a school holiday sailing (Easter) it will get a tad busy!

Isnt this the pool for only adults, would the school holidays make a difference. 

35 minutes ago, JudyConno said:

Isnt this the pool for only adults, would the school holidays make a difference. 

Good question.  I am on an Easter time cruise and hoping to avoid children, at least in a swimming pool.  How early does the Serenity Pool open for swimming?

8 hours ago, JudyConno said:

I meant I’ll want to use this oool as it’s adults only and the other pools will be busy with families

3 minutes ago, Clodia said:

That is if the children take any notice; they don't always on other ships and no one stops them using the adult only pool.

Shocking - I’d be making my displeasure known if that were to be the case. 

Oh don't worry; i always tell then to move. As a retired Headteacher I have the necessary air of authority without being brutal or unpleasant, but sometimes the parents wade in and tell you to f*** off.

1 hour ago, Clodia said:

Oh don't worry; i always tell then to move. As a retired Headteacher I have the necessary air of authority without being brutal or unpleasant, but sometimes the parents wade in and tell you to f*** off.

🤣 been there! As a 30yrer in education in East London I can laugh at that 

• Like 1

Having just returned from  a Caribbean cruise on Britannia from experience you will probably be able to find the odd single sunbed but struggle to find two together on sea days anywhere on the ship.

The empty bed for 30 minutes and towel removed does not happen.

You should have seen the annoyed faces when passengers had set up on the shuffleboard playing areas when they were asked to move to allow a game to be played.

I am about to go on Britannia and I am simply not going to put up with this. If all the sunbeds are covered in towels I will simply remove one and move the sunbed along. If anyone tries to move me I shall show them the sign which states that sunbeds cannot be reserved, and tell them politely but firmly to go and take it up with the staff. I've had enough of the Hoggers and am not prepared to put up with them any longer.

We were on Azura in Caribbean over New Year and I can confirm that staff were enthusiastically placing tickets on any unoccupied bed. You couldn’t go to the toilet or the pool without getting ticketed. It was very annoying actually but I imagine it did stop hoggers reserving then disappearing for hours

The only time I place anything on one of the beds is when I'm in the pool.  I'll leave my robe and towel there while I swim, but if the pool in quite empty I may swim for a full 30 minutes so I hope that is O.K.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lexussteve2016 said:

There is a “Quiet Area” away from the pools, they are screened off with glass barriers and is free to use.

Good to know. I saw a thread on here from 2015 about the serenity pool and to use that rather than the retreat. But as that was a long time ago and probably not long after first sailing, I thought I would see how things have changed.

Was on Britannia last week, voyage to Canary Islands. The Serenity pool was little used and on several days the adacent bar was closed despite being advertised as being open. Being a school holiday cruise may have had some influence on this.

18 hours ago, Caravan 37 said:

I was also on the Canary Islands cruise. We used the Serenity Pool every time the weather permitted. I found it busy all the time except when high winds closed the bar there and restricted use

Does that mean the pool is at the top of the ship? It looks like it varies how much it is used, possibly due to the weather. We are going in June, so it will probably be busy then.

2 hours ago, emam said:

Does that mean the pool is at the top of the ship? It looks like it varies how much it is used, possibly due to the weather. We are going in June, so it will probably be busy then.

Yes Deck 17 - always seemed busy to me (child avoidance 🥴)

On 4/23/2019 at 7:32 PM, Caravan 37 said:

I was also on the Canary Islands cruise. We used the Serenity Pool every time the weather permitted. I found it busy all the time except when high winds closed the bar there and restricted use

Me too. Sometimes the pool was quietish but usually several people in there at one time. We swam in there most days.

Tracey