NCL Getaway 1/26/20 NOLA Cruise Cancelled

NovaGrad70

51 minutes ago, NovaGrad70 said:

NCL offering no reason at this time.  Anyone hear anything?

What makes you think it was cancelled?  My reservation is still good according to NCL!

Edited by cheersforbeers
Ship

14 minutes ago, beaucajun said:

Not currently offered on the NCL website.

I saw that early this morning and called, said computer problem.  At 3ish my time I got my cancellation letter, no reasoning just apology? Sort of sucks!  

I was on a B2B with second leg Feb 7!  

5 minutes ago, NovaGrad70 said:

“It’s been re-routed.”  Probably a celebrity or large corporation”. I’m a travel agent.  Happens more often than you probably think.

I’m 97.4% sure this is the correct answer...or just a flat out full charter out of NOLA...

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Is it possible they are moving it to Miami to act as a hotel for the Super Bowl?

The Super Bowl is Sunday 3 February in Miami.  Not sure what ship got chartered for it, probably The Bliss.

If I am reading this right, they cancelled two 12 day cruises before and after a 9 day cruise?  Are they breaking the 12s into 7 and 5 days?  Or maybe doing a couple of 3 or 4 or 5 day charters? 

So sorry for those of you who had these booked.   I hope you can find something else that will work for you.

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Is it possible they are moving it to Miami to act as a hotel for the Super Bowl?

The number of hotel rooms in Miami far exceeds what the Super Bowl would need. That is really a small event in the the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The number of hotel rooms in Miami far exceeds what the Super Bowl would need. That is really a small event in the the grand scheme of things.

The Getaway was chartered as a Super Bowl Hotel in 2014 when the game was played in the New York City area.

12 hours ago, www3traveler said:

probably The Bliss.

If you look at the NCL site Bliss still shows a 14 day Western Caribbean out of NYC starting on Feb. 2, 2020.

Getaway, in fact, does not appear to have a sailing for public viewing between Jan 26 and Feb. 7 but she is in NOLA before and after that.

Encore and Escape seem to be in Miami in Feb., both still have sailings covering Feb. 2 available to book.

I keep checking NCL.com thinking they will be posting some sort of shorter cruises along with a couple of 3 or 4 day chartered 'blank' space.   They still show the 9 day cruise in the middle of these two.  

Do any Travel Agents have something on this?  Have they updated any of you who were cancelled?

The only thing I want to know now is when I'll get my deposit back.  I've booked something else (Princess) and now just want my money.  NCL seems to have no idea when refunds will be issued, closest thing I got to a commitment is "they're working on it".

On 3/27/2019 at 3:41 PM, CarribeanCruiser28 said:

Doubt it because my 1/5 12 day western was also cancelled today. 

The 1/17 sailing is still up.

We were also booked for 1/5.  Yep, that 1/17 sailing (i think it's a 9 night) still being available makes me curious about why the 2 12 night sailings are cancelled.  I'm been busy working with my TA to find a replacement.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, NovaGrad70 said:

“It’s been re-routed.”  Probably a celebrity or large corporation”. I’m a travel agent.  Happens more often than you probably think.

Happened to me on a Princess cruise...they rerouted the ship but the new itinerary was not one I wanted. Life happens.

12 hours ago, jondfk said:

The only thing I want to know now is when I'll get my deposit back.  I've booked something else (Princess) and now just want my money.  NCL seems to have no idea when refunds will be issued, closest thing I got to a commitment is "they're working on it".

I received my cancellation Email and refund confirmation yesterday. A whopping $50 back to my credit card!

Very disappointed this happened. Was looking forward to trying NCL for the first time. Not a good start. 

1 hour ago, molole said:

Does NCL offer obc to those affected if they agree to move to a different sailing? That's how Royal does it.

15% off any future cruise booked within 15 days.. not bad.

Royal actually cancelled a cruise 2 weeks before sailing and didn’t notify me at all one time back in 2016!!! It was on empress of the seas.. thank goodness they cancelled it though because that’s how I ended up on NCL Escape the same day I was scheduled to leave on Empress and for 2 more days.. causing me to fall in love with NCL and Tortola 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lgonquin said:

I received my cancellation Email and refund confirmation yesterday. A whopping $50 back to my credit card!

Very disappointed this happened. Was looking forward to trying NCL for the first time. Not a good start. 

Well, I got the same email yesterday, but no sign of the credit to my card, in my case $1500.